• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Daigoro said:
Yeah I heard someone asking the other day bu didn't see an answer. Thanks to whoever then.

the Gretsch is so good, ill buy a second one if I can't find a Rickenbacker. I really want a Rick tho.
I scoured the last few pages and couldn't find it. It might have been in the sales thread where I saw it. I cannot remember, but it was someone else on here that made me check Toys R Us today. Just know when you go in to check the price, as mine didnt have it marked $30, but it rang up that.

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
Dont thank me, someone else in this thread mentioned it the other day. They alerted me, but I guess not many people picked up on it. I am heading back tomorrow to make sure I get a working Gretsch. That damn thing is the sexiest plastic guitar made.

I can attest to that :D

It is indeed the sexiest...I hope mine never breaks, been a year already.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Are the extra DLC acheivements 360 exclusive. You known the Dave Grohl, NIN, Boston & free Harmonix achievements??
On my PAL PS3 copy, none of these trophies are listed?
Anyone with US PS3 copy have the same issue?

Daigoro

Member
Sad. Rock band like Trials Hd is one of those games that should be played almost strictly for fun and personal satisfaction, game score should be a distant 9th.

peetfeet

Member
navanman said:
Are the extra DLC acheivements 360 exclusive. You known the Dave Grohl, NIN, Boston & free Harmonix achievements??
On my PAL PS3 copy, none of these trophies are listed?
Anyone with US PS3 copy have the same issue?
They are Goals not trophies. go to the My Goals section and look them up

mrklaw

MrArseFace
which instrument gains the most in your opinion in the jump from normal to pro - drums or guitar? I like playing both, have never played either in real life.

Both are not out until Late November/early December in the UK (PS3) so I have time to consider. Can't really justify both - yet.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Gimme some of that music from Scott Pilgrim.

Will pay money.

Anamanaguchi, the band who did the music, has their song Airbrushed hitting RBN with keyboard support.

They've been my #1 requested band to have on rock band for the past few years

Eye Drop said:
Fuck you, Harmonix. I want to link my mother fucking account. Is that so hard?

yeah wont let me... site is bugging out on me

Ridley327

Member
elektrixx said:
Are The Doors tracks definitely not free now? I just need to know before paying.
The promo is no longer available. They're either available as singles or in a $20 pack. The Pro upgrades for the three songs that have them also have a cost now.

U2NUMB

Member
Psychotext said:
Rock Band 3 and Lego Rock Band turned up for me today. Party time! :D

I really enjoyed Lego.. had some good fun with it. Exported the songs out also as the game does feature some solid tunes.

ugh... their site is all jacked up right now.

peetfeet

Member
Is the game linking live now or is it still 'coming soon' according to rb.com? I ask as a previous post implied it my be working but buggy still

peetfeet said:
Is the game linking live now or is it still 'coming soon' according to rb.com? I ask as a previous post implied it my be working but buggy still

It looks like it is still "coming soon". At least, that is what their website says.

coming 'very soon' infact. sigh.

it wouldn't annoy me such much if both the game and the front page of their website didn't keep telling me i should do it.

cause guys, i wanna do it, but you won't let me, so stop telling me to!

Tomasooie

Member
Ridley327 said:
The promo is no longer available. They're either available as singles or in a $20 pack. The Pro upgrades for the three songs that have them also have a cost now.
The pro upgrades were also free?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Why oh why??
14e8cya.jpg

mrklaw said:
which instrument gains the most in your opinion in the jump from normal to pro - drums or guitar? I like playing both, have never played either in real life.

Both are not out until Late November/early December in the UK (PS3) so I have time to consider. Can't really justify both - yet.
I havent seen or touched the pro guitar yet, but have been playing the shit out of pro drums. Pro drums are the easiest pro ones to move up to, and it is so much better. There is an adjustment period, but it is so cool having all the cymbals there to hit. And this is coming from a guy back in 2008 when he bought the game who couldnt keep a beat or get above three stars on anything on easy. I am white and have no rhythm, but now five star nearly everything on hard pro drums and can five star quite a bit on expert too.

But pro keys are a godsend. I cant do more than 4 stars on regular keys because I suck, but playing the pro mode is so satisfying. Yes, I only hit 75% of the stuff and three star it, but it is just awesome to learn.

Pro Drums are really, really good, and it's the fact all your DLC works with it that makes it so excellent. Pro guitar I'm sure is great to get in to, but I can say from experience with keyboard that it can feel limiting only having 10-20 songs you feel are comfortably within your skill bracket.

bryehn

Member
So...I want to use Kinect as the controller for vocals. The Dance Central interface is sweet and could be integrated easily. Get on it Harmonix hipsters!

edit: apparently my account is already linked. Weird.

jgkspsx

Member
I got a note from Christine at HMX that the errored-out codes will be reset and we'll be able to generate the keys as usual when they get the new allocation. For what it's worth.

LeaveItAlone said:
Are there still no Lego RB virtual tokens? Anyone got a response from Harmonix about when they might get more?

Here's the latest correspondence from WB:
Hello,

Your case is being processed. Due to the over whelming number of folk that have been affected by this issue, we are taking care of folk in order of their responses. Know that we will be in contact with you when your case is resolved.

Your customer number is ***************
Please refer to case #:: ********* if you have any further questions.

Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
Matthew A. at Warner Brothers Technical
legorockband_support@aqinc.com

Hello, I was just wondering whether or not the case was still being processed? I hadn't heard back yet.

Thanks,