• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

I go and it says I am already linked from RB2. It even has my scores in there on the leaderboards. So do I have to relink it with the RB3 code?

EDIT: Nevermind. It shows I have no career progress, only my high scores. Linking my new code now.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ah cool, I guess you don't have to link to see the leaderboards on the site. I'm still on the Everybody Wants to Rule the World leaderboard for pro keys (PS3)... don't know how I'd be able to get 200k on that song though.

360 leaderboard for that song is a lot more impressive...

It got my user name and code to show up but the confirmation email was being sent to some weird non-existent email address. Can't figure out how to change my email address on the site, though. I'm afraid since you only get that 1 link code I won't be able to access it if I try a new profile.

robut said:
It got my user name and code to show up but the confirmation email was being sent to some weird non-existent email address. Can't figure out how to change my email address on the site, though. I'm afraid since you only get that 1 link code I won't be able to access it if I try a new profile.
Go to MY GAMEPLAY then Settings then Account. That might work.

Looking at the new page once linked. It shows what your most played genre is, which is cool.

Also, it is impressive to see all your career goals say "achieved one minute ago" when you first linked. Makes it look more impressive when you accomplish over a hundred goals in a minute.

Also, not happy that my setlist shows improperly. I named it "Supernatural Setlist" but they list it as "PhoncipleBone79s 22 Song Setlist." Lame.

Mileena

Banned
navanman said:
Why oh why??
14e8cya.jpg
assvostik?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
robut said:

was it sent to "username"@fake-ps3.com?

Ridley327

PhoncipleBone said:
I know it is most likely a mistake, but it is interesting that the icons usually are pretty accurate to the number of singers.

Why must they tempt me so?
http://www.rockband.com/songs/somebodytolove (Unless they add keys too).
Technically speaking, the way vocals work in Rock Band 3 can allow three people to sing on the same track even in solo mode, but since most songs don't have any actual harmony bits, you won't be scored as such.

Ridley327 said:
Technically speaking, the way vocals work in Rock Band 3 can allow three people to sing on the same track even in solo mode, but since most songs don't have any actual harmony bits, you won't be scored as such.
Technically speaking, yes. But it is nice to dream that we will get harmonies on Queen and REO Speedwagon stuff.

Wow, jumping from easy to medium is a big change. I was able to 5star all the songs, but there is no way that I'm able to 5 star the last set.

I'm in that point that I need fans to continue the tours, and is this or make all the songs in easy with bass.

I'm too old for these games :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey Guys:

Sorry for the delay in officially responding to this.

We hope you're enjoying playing all the available songs inside of Rock Band 3. With regards to "Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" those two tracks were featured on the EU disc of Rock Band 2 before they were offered as standalone DLC tracks in other territories.

Unfortunately, because we were not able to support these songs for RB2 EU disc export at launch, we are not able to allow the transfer of DLC tracks. Those two songs WILL continue to work inside of Rock Band 2. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours,
HMX

Uuugggh.

Epic fail:

I go and link the code I've been saving all this time to my 360 profile. I'm pretty sure that worked.

Not knowing I needed to be logged in, it also asked me to register. I didn't have my old RB2 account, so I went and filled out a new one.

Well ..., the new RB3 account I just made isn't linked to the RB3 game and I can't do so because "someone else has already linked that game."

testing testing why can't people test things anymore? ...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
navanman said:
Ughh alright. Will they be available to buy as DLC then like they are on non-EU discs.
Well, you can buy them as DLC, but they will only work in Rock Band 2.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rewrite said:
No. You will only be able to play them in Rock Band 2.

Scandalous!! So non-EU users who bought these DLC as regular DLC will also not be able to play these plays in Rock Band 3??
Are they getting a refund as I thought DLC was sold as being able to play in future titles.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
navanman said:
Scandalous!! So non-EU users who bought these DLC as regular DLC will also not be able to play these plays in Rock Band 3??
Are they getting a refund as I thought DLC was sold as being able to play in future titles.
No refund. And non EU users will not be able to play them as regular DLC in Rock Band 3. It sucks. You should read the Rock Band forums, people are actually defending this. People say "it's only two songs", but that's how everything starts.

And another thing, they stopped the online support (the linking features) for Rock Band 1/2, so you won't be able to take band pictures anymore.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
PhoncipleBone said:
I meant band pictures of my band in Rock Band 3.
Oh, I knew what you meant. I was just posting that because it wasn't posted here before. Yet another feature Harmonix takes away!

ChoklitReign said:
Will Americans be able to play Rock N Roll Star if they downloaded it as DLC?
In Rock Band 3? No.
In Rock Band 2? Yes.

Rewrite said:
Oh, I knew what you meant. I was just posting that because it wasn't posted here before. Yet another feature Harmonix takes away!
Thanks for clarifying.:D

The fact that they still have a pictures link in your profile page though makes me think they will add it back eventually. Otherwise, why keep the pictures tab?

Linked, so here I am (PS3):

http://www.rockband.com/users/Arwin_A

As soon as I have my drumkit fixed (got all the tools today but soldered a 2.5mm instead of 3.5 connector on there - doh! Tomorrow or Saturday I should get decent connectors for all types though that I ordered online) I'll be playing some more drums (though no pro unfortunately not possible with the 5 piece GH set I have), and I'm hoping to get a Pro Guitar soon at some point (stupid things aren't available here yet).

And as soon as I get my hands on a MIDI adapter I'll also be working on pro-keyboard.

So I noticed that if I'm signed in on guitar and then push start on another controller I get the option to move my gamertag from Player 1 to Player 2 (easily switching instruments - awesome) but I can't find any way of doing this if anyone else is signed in. Anyone know if you can?

Would be useful to switch tags around the different instruments when we have Rock band nights.

Not a deal breaker, and we can just continue how we are now with just temporarily using eachothers gamertags, but they tease me so!

jgkspsx

PhoncipleBone said:
30 bucks. I hope there are some left when I go to exchange tomorrow. Tempted to get the Lennon one too just to have the whole set.
Where are you guys who have found 'em? All the TRUs near Toledo claim to not carry guitars.

Stackboy

I'm having issues getting access to my profile and account linking. Giving up on the website, but that doesn't mean I will stop playing RB3.

remz

Monkeylord said:
So I noticed that if I'm signed in on guitar and then push start on another controller I get the option to move my gamertag from Player 1 to Player 2 (easily switching instruments - awesome) but I can't find any way of doing this if anyone else is signed in. Anyone know if you can?

Would be useful to switch tags around the different instruments when we have Rock band nights.

Not a deal breaker, and we can just continue how we are now with just temporarily using eachothers gamertags, but they tease me so!
Yeah, i've had this come up with up to 2 gamertags, but it seems to happen almost randomly. :S

remz said:
Yeah, i've had this come up with up to 2 gamertags, but it seems to happen almost randomly. :S

I tried it with 2 and 3 Gamertags signed in, gave up after about 20mins of trying. It only let me swicth profiles if I had 1 gamertag signed in and the other controllers active but not assigned. Was signed in on Guitar, hit start on 360 Controller (which showed up as player 2) and switched. the controler instantly switched to Player 1 and the guitar switched to player 2.

Tried again with Guitar as P1 and me signed in, Controller P2, another guitar as P3, and it let me switch between them withou signing out. But if I had more than one profile signed in it only gave me the option to drop out of the other controllers, no "profile" option.

:-(

This may seem obvious... but how can I join my nephew's band / vice versa. Locally that is.

It was easy in RB2 but it seems to be treating us as two different bands in RB3... just playing at the same time. It's really odd.

vehn

how come I sometimes don't fail songs when the bar reaches zero? I haven' turned no fail mode on, and all instruments mode isn't on either (also weird that I don't see options for those when I hit start). Both when I go to set lists or choose single songs, it just doesn't fail me at all.

Raistlin

fucking FINALLY home so I can finally play.

Trying out pro keyboards right now. So far ... LOVING it!!!! So much fun. I'm not too good - just playing medium right now (though why am I ranking in the top 30's for subdivisions?).

For those saying they tell you nothing about fingering in the training mode ... look to the upper left corner. No, it's not consistent ... but they definitely help you out in the lower level training.

Oh, did I mention I'm hammered? 'Cause yeah ... I'm pretty wrecked

Ridley327

Psychotext said:
This may seem obvious... but how can I join my nephew's band / vice versa. Locally that is.

It was easy in RB2 but it seems to be treating us as two different bands in RB3... just playing at the same time. It's really odd.
There's only one band per profile, due to the changes made to the unlocking system. There really isn't any need for multiples with how everything progresses now.

Raistlin said:
For those saying they tell you nothing about fingering in the training mode ... look to the upper left corner. No, it's not consistent ... but they definitely help you out in the lower level training.

Learn an Instrument is good at that.

Learn A Song is basically "yo play this over and over with no instruction on how to do it until you get 100%"

Raistlin

butter_stick said:
Learn an Instrument is good at that.

Learn A Song is basically "yo play this over and over with no instruction on how to do it until you get 100%"

Which is kind of how it should be. Who knows if the original artist used proper technique in these songs? All this game can do is help teach some proper technique and let you go. If they were to spell it out, it would be HMX's version of how it should be played.

Raistlin said:
Which is kind of how it should be. Who knows if the original artist used proper technique in these songs? All this game can do is help teach some proper technique and let you go. If they were to spell it out, it would be HMX's version of how it should be played.
They don't seem to mind telling you exactly what finger placement to use in the guitar version.

That's one hell of an excuse for lazy execution though, good job!

Shaneus

Found a local retailer (in Australia) that's selling it for fairly cheap instore. Yay!

Now to find a cheap place that sells/ships the keyboards... that will ship immediately. Amazon is 3-4 weeks :(

Raistlin

butter_stick said:
They don't seem to mind telling you exactly what finger placement to use in the guitar version.

That's one hell of an excuse for lazy execution though, good job!

Well, that's because they likely borrowed the tab from guitar magazine, etc :p

You have to understand though, tab by definition tells you fingering. Piano music does not.

Top Bottom