• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

corkscrewblow said:
Opeth pack
Demon of the Fall
The Twilight Is My Robe
Blackwater Park
Bleak
White Cluster
When
Black Rose Immortal
To Bid You Farewell
Ghost of Perdition
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Forest of October
By the Pain I See in Others

the best Opeth pack possible.

Fuck, I thought this was official for a second when I saw it quoted on this page.

Anyway, great picks, despite the (deliberate?) lack of Watershed, my dream 12 pack wouldn't be too different:

In Mist She Was Standing
Black Rose Immortal
To Bid You Farewell
Demon of the Fall
The Moor
Bleak
Blackwater Park
A Fair Judgement
To Rid the Disease
Ghost of Perdition
Harlequin Forest
The Lotus Eater

Bauer91

Opeth pack I'd like the most:

The Leper Affinity
Bleak
Blackwater Park
Windowpane
Ghost of Perdition
The Grand Conjuration
Advent
Black Rose Immortal
To Bid You Farewell
Demon of the Fall
The Moor
White Cluster

But any Opeth would be amazing.

Dartastic

Called Dell. Bitched. They upgraded my shitty shipping to next day shipping because they were out of stock. They weren't when I ordered... Now the estimated ship date is "on or before the 19th." Grrr.

Hige

whatevermort said:
We've completed Gold in the first four tiers, and the fifth won't unlock. We're only a few thousand fans from unlocking the next bus, and I've done all the challenges I can - I would do the link challenge, but the Harmonix site is still not working, and everything else I can do has been done already. I'm absolutely confused - the fact it's so badly explained in-game doesn't help matters.
You have to get more fans to unlock the next vehicle, which unlocks more road challenges. You only get fans from completing goals, so check the "My Goals" menu and try to knock out some of the easier goals. I think you get more fans per goal as you go up in rank too; you'll be swimming in fans before you know it. I had all but the last couple challenges unlocked just by doing some of the DLC goals when I first started the game.

jambo

Need a Yes pack!

Close to the Edge
And You And I
America
South Side of the Sky
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper
Yours Is No Disgrace
I've Seen All Good People
Perpetual Change
The Gates of Delirium

All over my face

jambo said:
Need a Yes pack!

Close to the Edge
And You And I
America
South Side of the Sky
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper
Yours Is No Disgrace
I've Seen All Good People
Perpetual Change
The Gates of Delirium

All over my face
I think a Yes pack is a certainty. And I approve of all the choices. At the least we need "Close to the Edge" and "I've Seen All Good People."

V_Ben

Banned
Jocchan said:
I still want a damn, meaty Metallica pack :/

We're probably never gonna get that :(

guitar_hero_metallica.jpg

Tomasooie

V_Ben said:
We're probably never gonna get that :(

http://www.wiitalk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guitar_hero_metallica.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
There's a Metallica shirt available in-game, so there might be a chance at getting more Metallica. Aren't there rumors that Master of Puppets will be released? Maybe that's why Battery didn't transfer.

Mileena

Banned
King Crimson pack

Elephant Talk
21st Century Schizoid Man
Thela Hun Ginjeet
The Court of the Crimson King
Cirkus
Starless

KC is more important than Yes. Get some fucking KC in your game HMX you fucktards.

corkscrewblow said:
Get some fucking KC in your game HMX you fucktards.

You certainly seem like a reasonable person...

in other news, I went ahead and ordered the MIDI pro adapter from gameshark.com, will let you guys know if/when it ships.

V_Ben

Banned
Tomasooie said:
There's a Metallica shirt available in-game, so there might be a chance at getting more Metallica. Aren't there rumors that Master of Puppets will be released? Maybe that's why Battery didn't transfer.

I hope you're right :) There's hope for the future! :D

Mileena

Banned
drmcclin said:
You certainly seem like a reasonable person...

in other news, I went ahead and ordered the MIDI pro adapter from gameshark.com, will let you guys know if/when it ships.
When Lady Gaga is in a game called Rock Band before a legendary group like King Crimson something is wrong.

The fact that they're in GH just makes it that more stupid.

corkscrewblow said:
When Lady Gaga is in a game called Rock Band before a legendary group like King Crimson something is wrong.

Not sure I'd call King Crimson legendary (not that they're bad). It was more your wording that I found kinda funny.

Speaking of inappropriate songs in RB, I bought the Snoop Dogg pack the other day.... ugh. The re-records are awful.

Yeef

Hige said:
You have to get more fans to unlock the next vehicle, which unlocks more road challenges. You only get fans from completing goals, so check the "My Goals" menu and try to knock out some of the easier goals. I think you get more fans per goal as you go up in rank too; you'll be swimming in fans before you know it. I had all but the last couple challenges unlocked just by doing some of the DLC goals when I first started the game.
I had enough fans for the plane before I even realized road challenges existed. Just playing the different tier goals for your instrument(s) of choice is the best way to get started. I think the goals system is way better than world tour mode from the first two games. Other than the road challenges you never have to replay any songs (on a given instrument) if you don't want to; and if you have a decent amount of DLC/exports you probably won't be replaying anything even during the road challenges.

Slevin

ok i've already searched through here but had no luck.

i'm having troubles getting my xbox 360 keyboard to sync up with the xbox. i've tried switching the batteries, turning off both the tv and xbox, unplugging the hdmi cable and turning off my wireless router.

when i turn on the keyboard, its home button just blinks over and over. if i press the sync button, nothing happens. all other instruments sync just fine. anyone else have any issues with this? i'm hoping its not just faulty hardware...

Slevin

Shaneus said:
Stupid question, but are you pressing the wireless sync button on your console AND controller?

haha, yes i did. the weird part is usually when pressing the sync button on the controller the home button's lights would start flashing in a circle but it just continuously blinks. my rock band beatles guitar synced up just fine. thank you for the response though.

Slevin said:
haha, yes i did. the weird part is usually when pressing the sync button on the controller the home button's lights would start flashing in a circle but it just continuously blinks. my rock band beatles guitar synced up just fine. thank you for the response though.
If it's just blinking then it's not trying to sync, so try pushing the sync button a bit harder perhaps?

Shaneus

Could be faulty, but I've never heard of that happening before... I'd see if you can use it on someone else's console first before calling it faulty.

Shaneus said:
Could be faulty, but I've never heard of that happening before... I'd see if you can use it on someone else's console first before calling it faulty.
If the controller isn't even trying to sync, then it won't matter which console he's using.

Slevin

well, a week ago i used it on a friends 360. it had trouble syncing to her xbox and it did the same blinking thing at first but she was able to get it to work after about a minute. hadn't played it since then and now i just can't seem to get it to sync back to my xbox.

anyway, tried pressing harder on the sync button, changed the batteries some more, plugged some component cables into the tv but still nothing.

Shaneus

Does pressing the sync button on the keytar even do the circular LED chaser around the 360 button? If it's not even doing that, it's rooted.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Stackboy said:
Are Lego Rock Band exports working now? I've got a copy coming in the mail.
Not on 360 no. On PS3 I think it's been fine for a while.

Apparently they've been waiting for more export codes from MS for like two weeks? Anyway this is the thread on their forums should you be an unfortunate xboxer: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?206553-Lego-Rock-Band-Export-for-Xbox360-Currently-Unavailable-(but-will-be-soon!)/page11

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Are Lego Rock Band exports working now? I've got a copy coming in the mail.
Go to the website. If you choose 360 it'll come up with a message at the top of the page if it's still broken.

They really need to get a patch out asap. I had two freezes yesterday on that same shitty cutscene. I think I've had 5 or 6 freezes all in all, and it has always been in the same place.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Can someone explain what this weird HOPO section is at the beginning of Space Oddity by Bowie?
Its a red and blue section with loads of HOPOs but all in filled box of sorts.
What am I meant to do in this section?

Ridley327

navanman said:
Can someone explain what this weird HOPO section is at the beginning of Space Oddity by Bowie?
Its a red and blue section with loads of HOPOs but all in filled box of sorts.
What am I meant to do in this section?
That's the new trill mechanic; you play it like you would a normal trill, but it's a lot more lenient with what you're supposed to be hitting. It's the same idea behind the drum roll and tremolo picking bits in other songs.

Daigoro

I agree with Corkscrew, this game needs Crimson. Its one of many huge oversights.

Also, a HUGE thanks to Phone and whoever originally posted about the Beatles guitars at tru. I got my Rickenbacker the other day. Very pleased about that. Thanks!

Daigoro said:
I agree with Corkscrew, this game needs Crimson. Its one of many huge oversights.

Also, a HUGE thanks to Phone and whoever originally posted about the Beatles guitars at tru. I got my Rickenbacker the other day. Very pleased about that. Thanks!
You are welcome, but I cannot remember who posted it where that got my attention about it. I would like to thank that person as well because the Gretcsh is just heavenly to use.

One for the GAF experts. I play a lot of RB in two different locations... and I've noticed that I've got some of my DLC downloaded on one console, some on another. Is there any way of seeing (easily) what I've bought but not downloaded? I tried going through the songs looking at the purchased / in library stuff but there's just so many that it's not working out for me.

Any suggestions?

PhoncipleBone said:
You are welcome, but I cannot remember who posted it where that got my attention about it. I would like to thank that person as well because the Gretcsh is just heavenly to use.

sooo, this may have been mentioned already but the discounted Gretsch at TRU is only for the 360, right? No PS3?

drmcclin said:
sooo, this may have been mentioned already but the discounted Gretsch at TRU is only for the 360, right? No PS3?
That I can find, yes. I know on the TRU website last week they had the PS3 one, but it was $70 :(

A few gamestops still have Beatles guitars, but I do not know the pricing on them. I know about six months ago they were down to $70 on both platforms, but that was before the price of the full band bundle went down so much. The full band bundle is still a damn good deal if you want nice controllers.

Also I updated the RB.com linking thread with people's info. If you havent gone there and want to share your data, it is here.

Quick question: About how much HD space is needed for the RB2 export? I've got just under 2 gigs of space left on my 20 GB unit, and I think that's enough....

Prince of Space said:
Quick question: About how much HD space is needed for the RB2 export? I've got just under 2 gigs of space left on my 20 GB unit, and I think that's enough....
It was like 1.2 GB or so. Do you have the game installed? I would uninstall it to free up space, then import if you can.

Prince of Space said:
Game's not installed, but I did have to delete a lot to get it down to that much free space (RB music can really add up, heh). Thanks.
I had a 20GB, but picked up a 120GB HDD back at the end of 2008 for less than $99 one weekend and transferred everything over. I would say go to a Gamestop or something and buy a cheap used one that is larger capacity and get the transfer kit. Because if you are that strapped for space now, what are you going to do when more awesome DLC comes out? And installing the games will make things faster too.:D

Psychotext said:
One for the GAF experts. I play a lot of RB in two different locations... and I've noticed that I've got some of my DLC downloaded on one console, some on another. Is there any way of seeing (easily) what I've bought but not downloaded? I tried going through the songs looking at the purchased / in library stuff but there's just so many that it's not working out for me.

Any suggestions?
Bumping for the new page. 360 version btw.

Psychotext said:
Bumping for the new page. 360 version btw.
Are they the same gamertag? Because you should be able to just redownload the stuff on the other console. As for keeping track of what you have bought already, that I do not know.

PhoncipleBone said:
I had a 20GB, but picked up a 120GB HDD back at the end of 2008 for less than $99 one weekend and transferred everything over. I would say go to a Gamestop or something and buy a cheap used one that is larger capacity and get the transfer kit. Because if you are that strapped for space now, what are you going to do when more awesome DLC comes out? And installing the games will make things faster too.:D

True enough. I had about 240 MBs left on my HD before I cleaned a lot of clutter off for the eventual RB2 export. Most of my HD space goes to RB music these days anyway. Thankfully, RB3 cut the load times down to almost nothing, so I won't need to install the game itself (yet), but yeah, I know I'll have to upgrade eventually...

Top Bottom