• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

They still haven't sorted the Lego Rock Band 360 export issue?
GAH!

Ah well.
Had an issue when playing a Road Challenge earlier where the Spade icon and bar didn't appear on my fretboard. It was fine for my girlfriend, but ignored me.
Restarting the song fixed it, but an annoying issue non-the-less.

Just got linked up and am having all kinds of weird issues with this game today. Seems like my band has stopped earning fans, period. My career score is somewhere around 12million, but I've been on the brink of scoring a jet for about 30 songs or so.

On top of that, was playing Two Weeks by All That Remains when my notes froze, the song kept going, and then after ironing itself out, the vocals were still too far ahead of me. They were disjointed and garbled for the remainder of the track.

And just now played Misery Business. Apparently I'm in the top 0% on expert drums. You guys'll never catch me.

Hope it's just some goofy bugginess from the game and that weird track-stopping issue wasn't a sign that my ps3's gonna croak.

PhoncipleBone said:
Are they the same gamertag? Because you should be able to just redownload the stuff on the other console. As for keeping track of what you have bought already, that I do not know.
I can redownload the stuff just fine, but the problem is I don't know what I'm missing. Is there a screen that just shows you the stuff you bought / lets you download it again? Going forward I'm sure I can remember to note down what I buy, but I'm really looking for a way to get it sorted in the mean time.

I think I'm at something like 140 DLC songs too so it's no small amount to go through. :lol

Easiest way to check which songs you downloaded on your own 360 (that I know of, b/c I had the same problem) is to disconnect your console from Live and go through your downloaded library (sort it by Date Acquired in RB3). Any song that doesn't have a preview when you highlight it, or won't let you play without being online, you'll need to re-download.

I know I'm late but the credits really did take forever.

I looked at the clock somewhere during the pictures and it was 1:25. The credits ended at 1:51.

That's 26 minutes not counting the time before I looked at the clock.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were over half an hour.

Psychotext said:
I can redownload the stuff just fine, but the problem is I don't know what I'm missing. Is there a screen that just shows you the stuff you bought / lets you download it again? Going forward I'm sure I can remember to note down what I buy, but I'm really looking for a way to get it sorted in the mean time.

I think I'm at something like 140 DLC songs too so it's no small amount to go through. :lol
You can go to your download history on the dashboard, but I'd recommend going to marketplace.xbox.com and looking at the available add-on content for Rock Band. All the songs should be there and will tell you if you've purchased it already or not.

Prince of Space said:
Easiest way to check which songs you downloaded on your own 360 (that I know of, b/c I had the same problem) is to disconnect your console from Live and go through your downloaded library (sort it by Date Acquired in RB3). Any song that doesn't have a preview when you highlight it, or won't let you play without being online, you'll need to re-download.
That sounds like it might be just what I'm after. Thanks.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
FlightOfHeaven said:
What's up with all the glitches in RB3?

Harmonix is smack dab between MIT and Harvard, you think they could find competent coders somewhere.

Anyone also had any weird glitching of your characters hair or instruments?
Its nearly like a LOD change is happening.
Like my singers hair will nearly look like its jumping around and even during a guitar section where it was focused on the guitar its was doing the same jumping glitching.

FlightOfHeaven said:

Harmonix is smack dab between MIT and Harvard, you think they could find competent coders somewhere.

and is in a company full of musicians. One could wonder why it isn't buggier or how much more they could have ruined such a good franchise two short years.

Author's Note: My RB3 posts have been getting worse and worse. I need to give up on thinking I'm actually buying this game and trying to find reasons for doing so.

Mileena

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:

They rushed their game out to compete with GH. Game turns out to be a buggy piece of shit, etc.

Only real problem I have with RB3 is that I still have to turn Breakneck Speed on every damn time I want to play. I didn't have to do this in Beatles, Harmonix, so why do I now?!

aristotle

FYI, you need 4 gigs for the RB2 export. 2 for the file itself and 2 to install it. After it gets done installing, you'll have 2 gigs free.

That's for the PS3 of course. Not sure how the 360 does it.

AlStrong

aristotle said:
FYI, you need 4 gigs for the RB2 export. 2 for the file itself and 2 to install it. After it gets done installing, you'll have 2 gigs free.

That's for the PS3 of course. Not sure how the 360 does it.

Just 1.8GB download. :)

FlightOfHeaven said:

You weren't kidding, it literally is right smack dab in between.

I mean, they made a wonderful game to be sure, but some of the mistakes in there are just baffling.

It's like reading a HBS case study and finding "busines" and "marceting" as typos.

They need to patch mic sensitivity adjustment back in. I'm pretty sure it's what's causing the OD problem on vocals. Also, it's forcing me to hold the mic a good 2 feet away from my face when I'm singing, which I'm not very good at. It's hard to rock out at such a distance :lol

It would be REALLY nice, too, if it saved the mic volume (and sensitivity, if they add it back) instead of having to adjust it every time you play. I don't EVER want my vocals to be anywhere near the same volume as the rest of the song, thank you.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
VivaciousSoul said:
I know I'm late but the credits really did take forever.

I looked at the clock somewhere during the pictures and it was 1:25. The credits ended at 1:51.

That's 26 minutes not counting the time before I looked at the clock.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were over half an hour.
The credits are ALWAYS awesome. From the pictures of Harmonix, to the awesome music that played when they were rolling them. I <3 it. It's one of the things I look forward to when beating these games...to look at the goofy/cool pics and jam out to the music.

navanman said:
Anyone also had any weird glitching of your characters hair or instruments?
Its nearly like a LOD change is happening.
Like my singers hair will nearly look like its jumping around and even during a guitar section where it was focused on the guitar its was doing the same jumping glitching.
Yup. My singer has a hat on, and it bounces back and forth like crazy when they close up on him on certain shots. It's the same with the microphone...it just bounces and it drives me nuts because it's so noticeable. There was this one time where there was a guitar solo and my fucking character was jumping in MIDAIR rocking out. :lol

This game has so many fucking bugs. Harmonix needs to be working on a patch cuz some of this shit is just NOT cool. I'm thankful I haven't gotten another crash on the loading cutscenes anymore...

Flynn

Had a big Rock Band 3 party this weekend.

I discovered that "Gabrielle" by Ween is one of my favorite songs to sing.

drmcclin said:
They need to patch mic sensitivity adjustment back in. I'm pretty sure it's what's causing the OD problem on vocals. Also, it's forcing me to hold the mic a good 2 feet away from my face when I'm singing, which I'm not very good at. It's hard to rock out at such a distance :lol
Yeah, I really can't understand why they removed it. I noticed that my mic was picking up a fellow player talking from across the room. =/

Pancho

Qurupancho
Rewrite said:
Yup. My singer has a hat on, and it bounces back and forth like crazy when they close up on him on certain shots. It's the same with the microphone...it just bounces and it drives me nuts because it's so noticeable. There was this one time where there was a guitar solo and my fucking character was jumping in MIDAIR rocking out. :lol

This game has so many fucking bugs. Harmonix needs to be working on a patch cuz some of this shit is just NOT cool. I'm thankful I haven't gotten another crash on the loading cutscenes anymore...

I hate it, animation-wise the game's pretty damn buggy. Every now and then, in bigger stages, my guitarist or bassist will be standing in fucking mid air. And the hair and mic stand bouncing it's pretty distracting. Also, I dunno what happened to the drummer animations, they look pretty terrible compared to RB2's. Perhaps it was equally as bad in RB2 but the lower framerate made it look better.

Shaneus

I'm still really frustrated with the low-FPS effect they have going on every so often... it really throws me and 9/10 times it WILL cause me to fuck up a streak. Can't they have an option to disable all visual effects, possibly even give us 60fps of the band just rocking out instead? I know what I'd rather prefer... it's the one thing that IMO the GH games had going for them.

woxel1

Psychotext said:
Yeah, I really can't understand why they removed it. I noticed that my mic was picking up a fellow player talking from across the room. =/
I'm wondering if mic sensitivity is the reason Overdrive never seems to activate for me. I like to play the game loud so I have a feeling it's just picking me up as noise.

jgkspsx

corkscrewblow said:
FlightOfHeaven said:

They rushed their game out to compete with GH. Game turns out to be a buggy piece of shit, etc.
Didn't they also lose a lot of people last year?

Stackboy

Got Lego Rock Band in the post yesterday. Still waiting on the export keys to go live on the site, but in the mean time I'm happy to play the game. Really good fun!

Woffls

Are there achievement glitches? I played 3 80's metal songs and got nothing =/ In fact that's pretty much all I played after the disappointment that was the Rainbow in the Dark chart - that's all I was looking forward too as well =(

Also didn't like HMX crossing over into "here's what we think you should listen to" territory.

Hige

Woffls said:
Are there achievement glitches? I played 3 80's metal songs and got nothing =/ In fact that's pretty much all I played after the disappointment that was the Rainbow in the Dark chart - that's all I was looking forward too as well =(

Also didn't like HMX crossing over into "here's what we think you should listen to" territory.
I believe it has to be done on guitar, and only DLC songs work. The brief achievement description is not clear about this. Check under My Goals>Guitar>Downloaded Song Goals and it'll filter your songs to only the ones that work for that goal.

For the second part, if you're talking about song recommendations, those can be turned off in the filter menu in quickplay (press select).

Woffls said:

Click the goal and you'll have a filtered tracklist of the songs that accomplish the goal.

jgkspsx

Woffls said:
Do you mean the recommendations, or do you mean the less mainstream song selection?

Hige

Damn, I'm one song away from 5 starring all the RB3 songs on expert for the achievement, but Beast and the Harlot is killing me on every instrument. :lol

I can alt strum, but I can't coordinate both the speed and pausing between strums for the guitar/bass parts. I can do either/or, but not both!. Vocals are hard even if I try to hum my way through it. Drums are my best instrument, but my best attempt was ~244k (need ~250k for 5 stars) and I seem to get worse with every attempt since the song wears my leg out. :(

Note to self: don't play while buzzed and be disappointed when you dont do exceptionally well on a song.

Although I am proud of my rank of 14 on expert bass on "Dont Fear the Reaper." It's the little things in life.

Hige said:
Damn, I'm one song away from 5 starring all the RB3 songs on expert for the achievement, but Beast and the Harlot is killing me on every instrument. :lol

I can alt strum, but I can't coordinate both the speed and pausing between strums for the guitar/bass parts. I can do either/or, but not both!. Vocals are hard even if I try to hum my way through it. Drums are my best instrument, but my best attempt was ~244k (need ~250k for 5 stars) and I seem to get worse with every attempt since the song wears my leg out. :(

I thought it was a guitar only achievement. If it is any instrument then I have a shot at making this goal at some point! I havet tried "Beast and the Harlot" on anything expert yet, but conquering "Roundabout" on expert guitar, and "Crazy Train" on expert bass along with "Rainbow in the Dark" (seriously, how is that song horrifying on bass?) I have faith I can actually five star the game on expert on at least a mix of instruments. The only song that truly gives me pause is "Llama."

I3rand0

Just lost my saved data (PS3). I was in a road challenge and was failing so I quit out and got the message "Rock Band 3 was unable to save your data. Autosave has been disabled".

So I try re-enabling it in the options and it's not working. I reset the game and now I've lost all of my goals and characters. 2 fucking years to make this game and shit like this gets past QA. God damn you Harmonix and your hate for all third class system owners.

Edit: Here's my issue - http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?204422-Rock-Band-3-was-unable-to-load-your-data.-Autosave-has-been-disabled.....HELP-!-!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BrokenBox said:
"Rainbow in the Dark" chart owns except the insane solo.
Having to alt strum really sucked. I failed out. :\

I don't think I'll ever five star the whole setlist on Expert.

Wait, do bass scores also count for the achievement/trophy? Cuz if so, I may have a shot! :eek:

I3rand0

You actually have to delete your entire save data to fix this issue. Just when I was done almost done with the Road Challenges. Fuck you Harmonix, I mean it, seriously.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I3rand0 said:
You actually have to delete your entire save data to fix this issue. Just when I was done almost done with the Road Challenges. Fuck you Harmonix, I mean it, seriously.
Woooooooooooooooow. That really sucks. :(

Hige

PhoncipleBone said:
I thought it was a guitar only achievement. If it is any instrument then I have a shot at making this goal at some point! I havet tried "Beast and the Harlot" on anything expert yet, but conquering "Roundabout" on expert guitar, and "Crazy Train" on expert bass along with "Rainbow in the Dark" (seriously, how is that song horrifying on bass?) I have faith I can actually five star the game on expert on at least a mix of instruments. The only song that truly gives me pause is "Llama."
Yeah, it lets you use any combination of instruments to get the 5 stars on every RB3 song. For Llama, I think I played keys using guitar. :lol Read somewhere that you can't use all instruments mode for that though. So you might have to earn the ability to play keys on guitar legit by beating guitar immortal (5 star 50 RB3 songs on medium, or 3 star on higher). But you can just try with AIM on and check your goals afterward to see if it counted.

Rewrite said:
Wait, do bass scores also count for the achievement/trophy? Cuz if so, I may have a shot! :eek:
That is what I am wondering as well.

Looking at the website, it shows an award for 5 starring the whole setlist, regardless of instrument. BUT there are achievements of five starring the game on expert per instrument.

Also, DAMN the site updated fast. It showed my playing of "Powerslave" within minutes.

Hige said:
Yeah, it lets you use any combination of instruments to get the 5 stars on every RB3 song. For Llama, I think I played keys using guitar. :lol Read somewhere that you can't use all instruments mode for that though. So you might have to earn the ability to play keys on guitar legit by beating guitar immortal (5 star 50 RB3 songs on medium, or 3 star on higher). But you can just try with AIM on and check your goals afterward to see if it counted.
No issue with keys, as I unlocked the "guitar immortal" achievement before I even knew the "all instruments" mode did anything other than add vocals.:D

jgkspsx

I probably wouldn't play RB3 seriously. I mean, there's some scary bugs still being found.

Pity the poor Wii owners without the ability to patch. I was once one of them.

woxel1 said:
I'm wondering if mic sensitivity is the reason Overdrive never seems to activate for me. I like to play the game loud so I have a feeling it's just picking me up as noise.
It's great when you're singing and during a section where you have no part, you still see your arrow, coming in, moving up and down, fading out, thanks to your friends' instruments.

That and: only for RB3: I need to hold a 360 controller in my left hand because using the mic for cowbell sections is no longer an option (unreliable after three previous games of solid functionality)

I3rand0

jgkspsx said:
I probably wouldn't play RB3 seriously. I mean, there's some scary bugs still being found.

Pity the poor Wii owners without the ability to patch. I was once one of them.

Preaching to the choir. This game is full of so many random bugs and you Wii owners have my sympathy since that shit will never get fixed.

I'm done with this game for now. There's way too many games out right now, and I don't have the time or energy to go through this bullshit again with Harmonix.

RIP band - http://www.rockband.com/users/I3rand0/activity

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
forgive me if this is old news, but could anyone tell me why after I complete a song, the game tells me I need to gain negative points to be on the leaderboard? For instance, right now, it says I need -29,962 points to reach the top 30% of the leaderboard. I didn't have this problem until tonight.

xGywE.jpg

Hige

Holy crap, something clicked with the strumming on Beast and the Harlot and I got 5 stars on guitar after about 5 tries. :D Glad that's over with!

Hmm. I'm loving the shit out of this game -- mainly due to the FAR FAR FAR superior and faster UI, lack of loading times, and far less frustration overall (e.g., showing random set list before playing).

However, I see the point about glitches. Some things blatantly make no sense. At some point I got 3 stars on some super-hard song, and it told me I'm in the top 16% of the leaderboards. Then I retried it immediately (from the score screen), got 5 stars, and it told me I'm in the top 56% of the leaderboards. What's all this, then?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I3rand0 said:
Just lost my saved data (PS3). I was in a road challenge and was failing so I quit out and got the message "Rock Band 3 was unable to save your data. Autosave has been disabled".

So I try re-enabling it in the options and it's not working. I reset the game and now I've lost all of my goals and characters. 2 fucking years to make this game and shit like this gets past QA. God damn you Harmonix and your hate for all third class system owners.

Edit: Here's my issue - http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?204422-Rock-Band-3-was-unable-to-load-your-data.-Autosave-has-been-disabled.....HELP-!-!

seems there is a workaround, but perhaps the safest thing to do is avoid the road challenge until a patch comes out. Tons of other goals to be done.

Although personally I find them a little dull. I'm fine with 'acheivements', but isn't that what acheivements/trophies are for - why have them doubled up as the main meat of the game?

Top Bottom