• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Raistlin said:
They should just throw in a slider to control transparency levels.
That is one area that GH has been good in, which is tweaking the presentation of the game. Turning on solid highways, no background, etc. Harmonix adopted the drop in/out gameplay, it would be good to see them adopt a bit more tweak ability. I am still surprised they took off mic sensitivity.

wish Gameshark.com would ship me my MIDI pro adapter (PS3) :(

or that they'd at least respond to my email asking whether or not they're shipping it soon...

I am still surprised they took off mic sensitivity.

sensitivity absolutely, positively needs to be patched back in. You can't get OD to activate on vocals unless you're playing the game on headphones or through your TV.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
drmcclin said:
wish Gameshark.com would ship me my MIDI pro adapter (PS3) :(

or that they'd at least respond to my email asking whether or not they're shipping it soon...

from comments here and on other forums, they aren't the greatest at communicating with you. After the order confirmation, the next you'll hear is a knock on the door.

If there is any consolation, their shipping seems to be pretty fast.

Raistlin

mrklaw said:
from comments here and on other forums, they aren't the greatest at communicating with you. After the order confirmation, the next you'll hear is a knock on the door.

Well that's a pile of shit.
mad.gif
Some people need to coordinate the reception of expensive deliveries.

Sad...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm such a muppet. Spent the day wondering when the PAL PSN store will update with Bon Jovi DLC, then realised I have an imported RB3 so all my DLC is US store which updated yesterday. Doh!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
shantyman said:
Are The Doors songs still free?
I'm pissed about that because I bought the game online the day after the European launch and I'm still waiting to receive my copy. It's been taking a damn eternity.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is there a way to turn off the noises the game makes when you miss notes in the trainers? It's quite possibly the most infuriatingly distracting noise I've ever heard.

gragy10

What's retail price/supply chain like for 360 keyboards in the US?
Gonna be in LA for a few days at start of December and wondering if it'll be cheaper to buy over there..

vehn

So anyone know of good virtual piano / midi keyboard type software to download? I bought a MIDI to USB adapter for the RB3 keyboard, but all the software I download is pure dogshit

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
vehn said:
So anyone know of good virtual piano / midi keyboard type software to download? I bought a MIDI to USB adapter for the RB3 keyboard, but all the software I download is pure dogshit

You check out Synesthesia/piano hero? Or looking for more serious software?

Coop

Just got this. I havent been following the game at all but I read there was some issues with exporting songs from RB2. Is that fixed?

jgkspsx

Coop said:
Just got this. I havent been following the game at all but I read there was some issues with exporting songs from RB2. Is that fixed?
There were issues with RB2, but they were fixed quickly. It's just LRB that's broken, and (from the sound of it) may remain so for weeks to come.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Getting better at pro keys! (still at medium)

After days of frustration I am finally seeing some improvement

Although, I think that my small hands will pose a bit of a hurdle on higher difficulties :(

Raistlin

mrklaw said:

As an update, the 2 PS3 MIDI adapters I ordered yesterday have shipped. I received the email a few hours back. They'll be delivered Friday.

Raistlin

Pancho said:
Although, I think that my small hands will pose a bit of a hurdle on higher difficulties :(
My hands are pretty small - it isn't really an issue. With practice flexibility will improve allowing you to reach what you need.

Granted I played for a while, but now if I splay my hands my pinky and thumb form a line straight across.

RobbieNick

This has probably already been asked, but if I purchase Lego Rock Band through the marketplace, will the songs go into Rock Band 3 as well?

fernoca

RobbieNick said:
This has probably already been asked, but if I purchase Lego Rock Band through the marketplace, will the songs go into Rock Band 3 as well?
Nope.
Need the code in the manual to put it on the website, to get the export key, to put the option to export into the LRB game, to pay the 800 points, to get the song pack (under 2GB download).

jgkspsx

So do the "song performance" leaderboards not work at all for 360? The other consoles seem to be working :)lol), with loads of scores, but there are only a handful of scores for 360.

Most crucially, those scores do not include mine :mad:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
and my impulse purchase Mustang showed up at 7am this morning...

I'm sure it'll be fine. If the DLC deals are through harmonix, they could maintain just the DLC content I guess?

:(

Hopefully they can find a way to continue the DLC. Just patch a few things in RB3, and continue DLC and I would be fine without another RB game. Sucks to hear about Harmonix being sold off though.

Trojan X

Banned
I played expert drum mode in the Rock Band 3 demo and I noticed that the notes bar start to vibrate or phase out of picture synch at random points in the song. At first, I was thinking that it was feature in the game that simulates simulate the bass in the music or a penalisation for missing any notes. However, the communication in the game is not clear enough to indicate any of those thoughts.

None the less, my point is that I really find this feature - if it is a feature - incredibly annoying as it makes it really hard for the player to focus on reading the notes during speed play in order to hit it with 100% accuracy. With respect to health, my eyes felt really funny after completing the slipknot on expert mode due to that vibration type feature that could have easilly been placed on the background rather than the actual bar notes in play. Doesn't Harmonix realise that there is a reason why such a thing is not apparent in games such as DDR, Pump it Up, Drum Mania, Keyboard Mania, Samba de Amigo, Taiko no Takisu and other music type games?

So my questions to ALL Rock Band 3 owners (and for any product manager or developer from EA and/or Harmonix who are in this forum) are the following:

1) Is this phasing out of synch, simulating vibration of the music or whatever is still apparent in the full version of the game?

2) If this is intentional as a feature then what is it trying to simulate/communicate to us, the player? What is the benefit?

3) If it is a feature then can it be turned off so our eyes won't feel uncomfortable?

4) If it is an intentional feature and there is no way of turning it off, then will there be an software update in the near future that will have the option to turn it off? (If not then that's a serious issue that I must communicate to Harmonix and EA.)

I can't wait until I have enough money to buy this game with the keyboard and madcatz guitar but I don't like the idea of punishing my eyes for the sake of the game I love to keep playing like I currently do for Rock Band 1 & 2.

If the above has already been positively answered in this forum then I apologise for the repetition.

Raide

PhoncipleBone said:
:(

Hopefully they can find a way to continue the DLC. Just patch a few things in RB3, and continue DLC and I would be fine without another RB game. Sucks to hear about Harmonix being sold off though.

I guess it depends on who buys them. Is MS pick them up, mainly for DC/Kinect support, most DLC will only come to 360, which could be bad news for everyone else.

I don't think they should make another RockBand game but they should certainly keep it updated with tweaks/additions and DLC.

Raide said:
I guess it depends on who buys them. Is MS pick them up, mainly for DC/Kinect support, most DLC will only come to 360, which could be bad news for everyone else.

I don't think they should make another RockBand game but they should certainly keep it updated with tweaks/additions and DLC.
If, and that is a big IF, MS were to buy them and they went 360 exclusive, it would be nice (however unlikely) for MS or Harmonix to offer up some way for your PS3 DLC purchases to come over to 360, if for a small fee. That way it is still a "platform."

But we are in hypotheticals there, and that would NEVER happen.

Raide

PhoncipleBone said:
If, and that is a big IF, MS were to buy them and they went 360 exclusive, it would be nice (however unlikely) for MS or Harmonix to offer up some way for your PS3 DLC purchases to come over to 360, if for a small fee. That way it is still a "platform."

But we are in hypotheticals there, and that would NEVER happen.

Hopefully someone picks them up. The last few years has been really poor for the industry, seeing all these developers closing and disappearing, so it would be great to see someone save HMX. Please!

Raistlin

Raide said:

If MS bought them, I doubt they would stop DLC for the other consoles. It would be a poor business decision.

woodypop

Trojan X said:
I played expert drum mode in the Rock Band 3 demo and I noticed that the notes bar start to vibrate or phase out of picture synch at random points in the song...
Do you experience the same effect in other (non-expert drum) modes? Is scrolling lyrics affected? Also, what kind of TV are you using (make/model)?

Raistlin said:
If MS bought them, I doubt they would stop DLC for the other consoles. It would be a poor business decision.
:lol
They'd stop them as soon as any currently agreed deals were over. MS would want any people playing RB on a competitive system to switch to the optimal Rock Band system.
Don't think MS will though.

Trojan X said:
I played expert drum mode in the Rock Band 3 demo and I noticed that the notes bar start to vibrate or phase out of picture synch at random points in the song.

That's a feature: if you can keep a streak going through all the chaos, you morph into a warrior pig.

On a more serious tip: I'm not sure what you're talking about.

* “Jive Talkin’”
* “Night Fever”
* “Stayin’ Alive”
* “Nights on Broadway”
* “Tragedy”
* “You Should Be Dancing”

They will be available on November 16.

I3rand0

Wired All Wrong said:
* “Jive Talkin’”
* “Night Fever”
* “Stayin’ Alive”
* “Nights on Broadway”
* “Tragedy”
* “You Should Be Dancing”

They will be available on November 16.
Fucking Harmonix. That is awesome.

At least now we know why RB3 is so glitchy. Viacom wanted to bail out as soon as Dance Central was released, and RB3 was rushed out the door because of that.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
allegate said:
RB3 had been in production more or less since RB2 released 2 years ago...how is that rushed?

Eh, if they did a lot of work that wound up scrapped for one reason or another. The implementations that did make it in could've been thrown together more quickly than desired.

Raistlin

Zeouterlimits said:
:lol
They'd stop them as soon as any currently agreed deals were over. MS would want any people playing RB on a competitive system to switch to the optimal Rock Band system.
Don't think MS will though.
Doubtful. Given current sales in the genre and the overall entertainment marketplace, there would be zero expectation for convincing people to come over en masse on MS's part. Obviously few would jump over and re-buy everything

Since there is already an established market for the RB 'platform' on these systems ... a platform that requires little engineering to release DLC on all systems once the chart has been made ... they'd simply be throwing money away and pissing people off for no good reason.

MS likes money. To assume they'd just take losses out of spite is like the people that think Sony will stop releasing computers with Windows on it or the BDA will refuse to license BD to MS for their future console. Now could future games be affected? Well sure, but that's a different argument.

Raistlin

Charron said:
Eh, if they did a lot of work that wound up scrapped for one reason or another. The implementations that did make it in could've been thrown together more quickly than desired.
Do you have insider info, or is this just speculation?

My understanding is their SQA department had some layoffs earlier this year.

allegate said:
RB3 had been in production more or less since RB2 released 2 years ago...how is that rushed?

It definitely feels rushed in terms of QA. Tons of glaring bugs: OD won't activate on vox, save games corrupted, keyboard sound glitch, etc.

Their web team had 2 years to get the site ready... nothing worked on release.

still, I love Harmonix and Rock Band. It is my favorite and most played game of this gen. The Bee Gees this week :D

Top Bottom