• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

DJ_Tet said:
Yeah no doubt, just listening to the intro to that song and it was obvious it was made for pro guitar treatment if anything. Damn, it's going to be a long wait till March :(
God, I just hope we get more blues because of this. The SRV stuff was a nice taste, but I want some more fucking crazy blues stuff. "Thrill is Gone" is awesome, but I would LOVE to get "Chains and Things."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJJ4lI631Ng

Varna

PS3 version here.

I notice when you hit the song properties it has an option to delete... does this only delete the song or the entire pack in which it's located?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If the song you are trying to delete is a part of a pack (and that you own it), it will delete the whole pack instead of the 1 track you want to delete.

dock

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but can I use my existing Roland USB music keyboard with Rock Band 3 on PS3?

jgkspsx

Rewrite said:
If the song you are trying to delete is a part of a pack (and that you own it), it will delete the whole pack instead of the 1 track you want to delete.
I discovered that, too. Why didn't they fix that. Sheesh.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
So typical. I finally got my copy of RB3, and rockband.com doesn't seem to work.

Jocchan said:
So typical. I finally got my copy of RB3, and rockband.com doesn't seem to work.

The way it's supposed to work is:

1. Register/sign into rockband.com
2. Tie your game to your console's account
3. Play RB3 some
4. Go back online, do some stuff with your newly linked account
5. Play RB3 some more. It'll know that you linked.

Of course, if you're playing the 360 version, it's probably bugged like mine. The game knows I've created a Custom Setlist online, but doesn't think I've linked my game to my account yet. *sigh*

Jocchan said:
I mean the website isn't loading at all, I keep getting errors.

Oh wow, two guesses:

1. Someone DDoS'd Harmonix (why would you do that?)
2. Harmonix is doing so poorly, they had to shutter the website that was already two weeks late in launching.

Ran into a glitch playing by myself last night. Overdrive got stuck and stayed active for over a minute. I unlocked the 30 and 60 second overdrive goals because of it. Good glitch for me. :)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
so what's going to happen with rockband now that harmoix is a "discontinued operation" according to viacom?
We can't know for sure until after someone buys Harmonix from Viacom. According to Harmonix they will continue their support for RB3 and Dance Central, but who knows what their new owners are planning for them.

Ridley327

FrenchMovieTheme said:
so what's going to happen with rockband now that harmoix is a "discontinued operation" according to viacom?
The RB IP is being sold along with Harmonix, so whoever ends up nabbing them will have the whole kit and kaboodle. They already have a healthy pipeline of DLC coming, so there's nothing to worry about for a few months. What happens after the sale is complete, though, is anyone's guess.

My character just randomly disappeared. He's gone. Nowhere to be found as if he never existed. WTF Harmonix!

My goals and everything are still there and completed. It's just my character. Fucking hell.

vg260

criesofthepast said:
Ran into a glitch playing by myself last night. Overdrive got stuck and stayed active for over a minute. I unlocked the 30 and 60 second overdrive goals because of it. Good glitch for me. :)

Heh. Good glitch to get, but jeez, this game is a mess. They desperately needed more QA time for the game itself and the web site.

Yeef

2&2 said:
Heh. Good glitch to get, but jeez, this game is a mess. They desperately needed more QA time for the game itself and the web site.
That glitch was in RB1 and 2 as well. I don't know exactly what causes it, but it's happened to me in both those games. Haven't had it happen in RB3 yet.

vg260

Blu_LED said:
How is there not a patch out for this game? Seriously.
Probably because they have a ton of stuff to fix in it and it's going to take a long time to do. I'm happy to wait if they address them, especially if they add a track opacity setting.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yay!

So, I opened rockband.com and the international website splash page (PAL user here) already had a link to connect my account and no link at all to register (I never did previously). So I followed it, thinking I would have been prompted to do so later, but of course it didn't happen.
Then I found out you can only register on the American website, and now my account linking code is already used.

UPDATE: Rebooting the game unlocked the Well Connected goal, but my game is not connected to my account. I guess I won't be able to show off how much I suck, then :p

Otheradam

Just bought RB3 today and I can't link my account. it keeps telling me either my code or my gamertag is wrong. I have checked the code like 5 times to make sure I typed it correctly and still no go. Anyone know what's going on?

jgkspsx

Otheradam said:
Just bought RB3 today and I can't link my account. it keeps telling me either my code or my gamertag is wrong. I have checked the code like 5 times to make sure I typed it correctly and still no go. Anyone know what's going on?
Did you try to register from the international site?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
2&2 said:
Probably because they have a ton of stuff to fix in it and it's going to take a long time to do. I'm happy to wait if they address them, especially if they add a track opacity setting.

I was playing today and thinking 'what are these guys complaining about, the track opacity is barely noticable'.

Then it kicked into a high key fancy video, and there was a massive white overexposed blob behind my lane and I couldn't see a bloody thing :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
mrklaw said:
I was playing today and thinking 'what are these guys complaining about, the track opacity is barely noticable'.

Then it kicked into a high key fancy video, and there was a massive white overexposed blob behind my lane and I couldn't see a bloody thing :/
Now you understand our pain. :( It's worse in expert guitar with those guitar solos. The worst music video offender is the one with black and white stripes.

The track opacity thing never really bothered me, but I did have an instance today where it was quite apparent. Really with the bright white backdrops.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I wonder what the hell they were thinking. Some of the videos are terribly distracting, regardless of the highway transparency.

Videos haven't bothered me so far ...

Having a tonne of fun with the game. I have discovered that my GHWT guitar just needed to be broken in, and now it's by far my favorite and I'm hitting 99% on songs on Hard that I've never played before. :) (though now there are only a handful of songs of the basic set that I haven't played yet). My accuracy is really WAY up from over my Guitar Hero 3 guitar (which was already pretty decent, mind). I can almost do upstroke chords by shaking my hand like on a real guitar.

I'm enjoying this so much, I just can't wait until I get a Mustang so that when I master one of these songs I can actually then grab my guitar and play it on that ... I also occasionally have a feeling some of these songs I'd find easier on a real guitar. :lol Man I can't wait for that Mustang and how annoying it is that the official release date for the PS3 version here seems to coincide with the release of my other big game for this year, GT5.

Just now as a final bonus to a long drumming and guitar session, I managed to beat the Yes song (roundabout?) on Expert. Cool stuff. For drumming, I mostly have to stick to Medium and sometimes can try an easy Hard, but have a lot of training to do there.

Thanks for the guys on this thread who have added me to their friend's list, as at least one of you humbles me in almost every song. :lol Though I did manage to beat one of his highscores on my first try tonight, so that is at least something.

Putting my PSN out there again for interested gaffers: niwrA.

And so far, zero issues on the PS3 version, and deep respect for Harmonix for getting the framerate rock solid for the highway. It hardly matters what happens in the background for me, when I'm playing I just see the highway.

I noticed only one 'downgrade' from my Guitar Hero World Tour experience, and that is that the GHWT drums are actually velocity sensitive, and both the game and the free play / recording mode support that with various different samples, which is pretty awesome, and I'm missing it a little in Rockband. That's it though!

AvidNobody said:
Hey gang,

Where/how much can I get an RB2 drumset for?!

Thanks!!
It is harder to find RB2 drums nowadays. The full RB3 pro kits are common most places now and go for $130. For $120 you can get the full Beatles bundle which will work with the pro cymbals. So for $160 total you can get a mic, McCartney bass, drums, mic stand, and pro cymbals. And a copy of Beatles to boot.

BigBlackGamer said:
Pro Drums is so fucking good. best thing about RB3 by far.
Agreed. Like a whole other world. Same amount of notes to hit, but the added complexity is just incredible. Some stuff that I could just blast through on regular drums (Closer to the Heart, I am looking at you) take on a totally different difficulty with the added cymbals to keep track of.

Javaman

BigBlackGamer said:
Pro Drums is so fucking good. best thing about RB3 by far.

What cymbals are you rocking with? I'm doing pro mode with the stock ION set but it's majorly missing the blue ride.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, cymbals.

I got to play more RB3 today.

Great game. Lots of fun. I hope it's as big a hit as it used to be amongst friends.
It will be. The keys and harmonies go a long way with a group of people. Especially harmonies.

elektrixx

Banned
This may sound odd, but am I using the cymbals properly?

I've had the World Tour kit until now and with those cymbals I was hitting the top of the cymbal with the end of the stick. Now with my Pro Drum kit I'm hitting the edge of the cymbal at about the first quarter down on the stick because it's high up. It feels weird and it feels like I'm slowly damaging the cymbals.

Javaman said:
What cymbals are you rocking with? I'm doing pro mode with the stock ION set but it's majorly missing the blue ride.

I'm using 3 ION Cymbals. got them from ION Audio for 100 bucks. gonna get some pintechs though before the year is up.

Yeef

I'm having difficulty positioning the yellow cymbal in a good spot for disco beats. Even when it's as far left as it'll go it's still just above the read pad when I'd like it to be left of the red pad. :\

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I'd just like to say how much I LOVE the BEE GEES!!!! :lol

Top Bottom