• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

EYEL1NER

karasu said:
Hurrah! After three days I finally got %80 on Caprici di Diablo(Hard) :D
Heh, I remember what it felt like to 5* Caprici. After 5*ing it, I decided my next move would be to play it behind my head. That one didn't feel as good to 5*, but that may have been due to the guitar and pressure pulling my head forward and it hurting.

Raistlin

[RANT]

Good lord HMX, can you possibly make it any more annoying to upgrade songs to Pro? I absolutely love buying a pack of songs, and then buying, downloading, and installing the upgrade for each song individually. Good fucking fun. How about either:

1) Allow the purchase of a song or pack with the upgrade along with it right off the bat.

2) Use the concept of a cart where I can select whatever songs and upgrades I want, and then once I'm done pay for everything, download everything, and install everything, all at once. This isn't even a complaint against Pro specifically, it's a general feature that should have been there since day one for regular songs.

[/RANT]

So anyway ...

Is there a good place that has a compilation of RBN song demos so you can actually listen to them? Who in the hell would blind-buy a song they've never heard?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Raistlin said:
So anyway ...

Is there a good place that has a compilation of RBN song demos so you can actually listen to them? Who in the hell would blind-buy a song they've never heard?

We used to have a preview videos channel on Youtube, everyone would contribute new releases and someone would record them in high-def. Then they stopped updating. Your best bet is to check the RB forums, the RBN section has official threads for most larger authoring companies and we all put out previews.

jambo

I really need to play this game more, I have the pro instruments and everything.

Damn FPS RPGs taking up all my time.

So I got a new copy of Lego Rockband for Christmas. I entered the code from the manual into the web adress listed and I was e-mailed a code to export my RB2 songs into RB3. I don't have Rockband 3 yet and I still have the code on my RB2 manual for when I do get it. Isn't this the exact opposite problem people were having at RB3s launch? Any advice on how I can remedy this? Should I try using the code? Thanks for any help. Sorry for being slightly off topic.

OK, loving the game, but I have one issue. When my sis I used to play before (RB2), I would sign onto my profile, and then use that to launch the band. What this meant was that any achievement/score/goal that the either of us achieved, the BAND achieved. Now if she's logged as a guest (without signing into a profile, same as we'd do in RB2), only things I do count. She now has her own profile, but once again, anything she does counts towards her band, not mine/ours. Is there any way to have two people playing counting towards one band?

so1337

Anyone know a SINGLE fucking online store in the ENTIRE WORLD that still has the Midi Pro for Xbox in stock?

Anyone?

This is a fucking disgrace.

so1337 said:
Anyone know a SINGLE fucking online store in the ENTIRE WORLD that still has the Midi Pro for Xbox in stock?

Anyone?

This is for Canada, but:
Amazon.ca has the Wii and PS3 "temporarily OOS", and the 360 one will be out Feb. 28.
Future Shop had a listing but they took it down.

Zachack

so1337 said:

Anyone?

Amazon shoved my October order back to March yesterday so I cancelled it. What I really wanted RB3 for was the pro guitar mode on the Squier (and really I was hoping for hacks that might come to the midi adapter) but at this point I'm giving up. I just have to assume that the number of Mustangs sold is low enough that pro guitar just isn't going to be supported the way I wanted it to be, and it really bugs me that Harmonix made the pro stuff accessible to only those with the instruments plugged in.

I don't know what's taking them so long with the 360 MIDI adapter. I got my PS3 version back in November and it works great. Currently debating whether I should get the Squier when it's released... I've always wanted to learn guitar but I really don't have the time.

I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The Xbox midi's will be out around when the Squire releases. If they don't there will be nowhere to hide from the forum crazies on RB.com.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'm in the 'disappointed/becoming disenfranchised with Pro Squire mode' camp. I'm really starting to wonder if I want a $300 guitar that will only work with 100 songs. The news of Harmonix being sold so quickly after RB3 launch really made me rethink things.

This combined with the way they handled pro keys (my gf was going to get a real keyboard and hook it up midi style but now that just seems like a waste of time for someone who has played a little piano) makes me just want to pass and hope the idea is expanded on/perfected in the future. One handed keyboardists makes Elton John sad.

Ridley327

There's been at least one song per week with Pro guitar upgrades, if not more. The Queen week ended up having Pro guitar upgrades for all 13 songs, including the two they originally stated that wouldn't get them.

Varna

I definitely don't have all the pro-guitar upgrades but my count is at 114.

I want more legacy DLC updates. :(

I can do Walk the Line on expert pro-guitar. Fuck yeah.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
I've been getting back into playing RB3. I still mainly do vocals, and have no interest in getting the pro guitar, but all the new songs are fun as hell. Cash especially.

Just tried to link my account again, after leaving it for nearly 3 months, because I figured they'd have fixed whatever was wrong by now, but I still get the "We rocked too hard image".

What's the deal? (I'm in the UK)

AndyMoogle said:

I got it to work, but not with that link. If I clicked "Get career goal" on that link, it took me to a screen to enter my link code and gamertag, but the site would always "Rock too hard" once I'd entered the information.

Instead, I clicked the link at the bottom to take me to the US version of the website's front page:

http://www.rockband.com/?intl_us=true

And used the "Enter code" link just below the tutorial video. That took me to a slightly different looking enter code screen and it worked fine. Seems strange, but I'm sorted now. Thanks for trying to help.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DJ_Tet said:
I'm in the 'disappointed/becoming disenfranchised with Pro Squire mode' camp. I'm really starting to wonder if I want a $300 guitar that will only work with 100 songs. The news of Harmonix being sold so quickly after RB3 launch really made me rethink things.

This combined with the way they handled pro keys (my gf was going to get a real keyboard and hook it up midi style but now that just seems like a waste of time for someone who has played a little piano) makes me just want to pass and hope the idea is expanded on/perfected in the future. One handed keyboardists makes Elton John sad.

Haven't really checked in with the game for a while. They really need some "fun" easy songs for Pro Guitar because I've learned the hard way that if you don't like the songs, trying to grind out and practice on them is the most horrific thing ever. :p

I will say I gave up on the keys precisely because it's one handed keyboard. I feel like there must have been a better way to handle star power/overdrive if that was the reason they designed it that way. Alternatively, if they wanted to have one handed keyboard because it's "easier", I think they've basically sold the feature short. I've lost a lot of incentive to try to learn songs anyway.

As much as I hate to say this, I'm ready for Rock Band 4 now. (And upgrades for some of the songs from previous games/DLC).

I think the issue with keys is showing two hands at once on screen would require a ton more screen space. They're limited by the size a highway can take up in multiplayer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
butter_stick said:
I think the issue with keys is showing two hands at once on screen would require a ton more screen space. They're limited by the size a highway can take up in multiplayer.

They could do 1 handed pro and 2 handed pro I suppose.

Fucking finally Converge Dark Horse comes to ps3 RBN! Been waiting and hoping it'd come since November. Prob going to be the song to get me back into RB3. Wooo.

Still waiting for the Wii MIDI adapters. Future Shop had a link but took it down a few days later. Amazon still shows OOS. Sigh.

(I'm in Canada)

RotBot

Is there a template anywhere of the Rock Band keyboard color strip that I can print out and tape to my keyboard? I'll have to make it myself if I can't find one.

Hop

A patch has been released for 360, don't know about PS3 yet. Known fixes/updates:

Breakneck speed now available in Practice Mode.
Audition Mode available under Extras.
Pro Guitar sorting corrected.
Accidentally hidden songs reinstated (Tenacious D, etc.).
Mustang and Keyboard can now use bass pedal to deploy Overdrive.

I'm certain there's more but there's no official changelog yet.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Don't forget about hyperspeed being available in Practice Mode. It took Harmonix all these years to finally enable that option!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
butter_stick said:
Practice mode is for pussies, so it's never affected me.

too hard to learn most pro mode songs for me without it... well I guess Learn a song at least would be needed.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES
PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
Anvil - 666
Anvil - Metal on Metal
Anvil - This is Thirteen
Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
Guess Who, The - No Time
Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

CRASH FIXES
Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

woodypop

navanman said:
Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
Halle-fuckin'-lujah.

But I'm wondering what that "limited functionality" is. Does it mean full functionality with all RB/RB2 material and only some of RB3? Does it mean only partial functionality with all RB/RB2/RB3 material? Does it mean strobe and smoke but no lights?

Guess I'll have to give it a spin and see what happens.

Ridley327

FlightOfHeaven said:
Back button...

What is the Back button? O?

Glad to know they're still working on it. I'm going to check how stable it is later on with my sister.
Back is the Select button on the 360.

Hop

woodypop said:
Halle-fuckin'-lujah.

But I'm wondering what that "limited functionality" is. Does it mean full functionality with all RB/RB2 material and only some of RB3? Does it mean only partial functionality with all RB/RB2/RB3 material? Does it mean strobe and smoke but no lights?

Guess I'll have to give it a spin and see what happens.

I'd suspect old songs could work fine, new songs get strobe/lights only and no guarantees they'll look very good. (Strobe/lights were derived from the VENUE track, but fog had to be explicitly designed. VENUE format has changed, so it probably won't cooperate as well, but it could still be done.)

Roarer

Fuuuuck yeah, transparency fix! Awesome!

Now, if they could only add individual breakneck speed then Rock Band 3 would truly be the ultimate music rhythm game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
O.M.F.G. Did I read that they finally fixed the transparecy issue? DID I READ THIS CORRECTLY? Holy fucking shit. This is fucking megaton news for me. Seriously...my number one complaint and they finally fixed it! I'm sad I'm not at home and can't see this for myself!

Ridley327

HBfDV.jpg

M9270.jpg

When you get a full combo going, the highway becomes totally solid. Not even the flashiest music video can pierce it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FUUUUUUUUUUU @ that pic! :D

Best news ever man! Is the patch live for PS3 too? Cuz if so I can't wait to play Rock Band 3 now (I can't believe I said that!).

Top Bottom