• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herla

Level 15 and I think I finally understand how to get good at the game.
The key is PATIENCE!

Standing still, observing and timing jumps is much more useful than boosting around, who would've thought!?

AcridMeat

Banned
9F273ED9A4CA34A155CE096CB317B2646E36D1BE
Someone recruit me.

...their first goal was me forgetting which side we were on. >_>

Are there any known workarounds for a high ping? I just moved and my new internet connection isn't as fast as before (PS4 gets 14Mbps down and 1 up) but everytime I play longer than 10 minutes my ping goes crazy high and everything becomes laggy. Worked just fine a few days ago.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Man, are you sure? Ill have to fix that sometime soon

Maybe you should watch the video archive later and see. Twitch isn't always very friendly on my Macbook Pro for some reason. However, what I heard was extremely low game audio that is muffled by the mic's static sound. So the game audio just wasn't clear for me but I can hear you talk fine :)

This game is loads of fun. I could see it being GOTY for many people.

That said, the standard matchmaking is complete ass. Just awful. I am lucky to get one game without AI, and two in a row is unheard of because someone will leave and not get replaced. I don't care how good or bad the AI is, I would play single player if I wanted to play with or against AI.

Level 15 and I think I finally understand how to get good at the game.
The key is PATIENCE!

Standing still, observing and timing jumps is much more useful than boosting around, who would've thought!?

Are you sure? If you go by the majority of players constantly slamming the ball, regardless of what goal it's near, is always the better strategy, lol.

I get at least 3 goals a game now by having boost available and waiting for my teammates to do something stupid. Sometimes it's hard to sit there, but patience will get you a ton of goals.

I think this is going to be my Monday Night Combat of this gen.

An addictive game that I can play in short bursts or long periods of time, that feels easy to learn but hard to master.

I just hope that the devs keep up support for the long term. It really has the potential to be something very special and memorable.

Had a few guys, namely TimeEffect, asking about my channel's tutorial video. Video 1 in the series is out now, hosted by yours truly. We've also got Kronovi involved, which is great of him :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehP7NS7T5SU

There shouldn't be anything here that you guys shouldn't know, but it's just a start and will be shaped by the questions people ask.

Had a few guys, namely TimeEffect, asking about my channel's tutorial video. Video 1 in the series is out now, hosted by yours truly. We've also got Kronovi involved, which is great of him :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehP7NS7T5SU

There shouldn't be anything here that you guys shouldn't know, but it's just a start and will be shaped by the questions people ask.

Thanks dude! I just want to see experts like you be successful and have this stuff promoted. Ill cross post this to Reddit.

M3z_

Man so frustrating to watch your teammates be so thristy to touch the ball that they start hitting in the wrong direction just because they can.

Man so frustrating to watch your teammates be so thristy to touch the ball that they start hitting in the wrong direction just because they can.

Or when you feel confident that you have a good line towards the goal, and a teammate nudges you off the ball, sending it into the air...

Urghhhhhh

AcridMeat

Banned
I think this is going to be my Monday Night Combat of this gen.

An addictive game that I can play in short bursts or long periods of time, that feels easy to learn but hard to master.

I just hope that the devs keep up support for the long term. It really has the potential to be something very special and memorable.
Yes! I'm so glad someone else has the same thoughts. I absolutely adored the first MNC in a very similar way to this. Multiple times I've thought, "this is the most pure fun I've had since MNC." I just hope the community lasts where MNC's died (on PC) after a while.

Danielsan

So I just installed the game and figured I'd go and play a match or two.

3 hours later.

God damn. The hype is real. What a sensational game. I'm absolutely terrible. But it's still fun as hell!

Surge

I had a random 1v1 match earlier, came back from down 4-2 with 30 seconds to go to tie it up.

Lost in OT but that feeling of coming back like I did was awesome.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Oh thank you! I try to stream more regularly since I'm a PS MVP and get some games to stream, and Im always playing LoU MP. Would have sucked if I was muffled all this time

Hey no problem. Glad that I can help but I still suggest that you take a look at the video archive later to see for yourself. A few days ago a friend asked me to check out his twitch stream of the game Monaco. I said the audio/visual are out of sync, but he said it wasn't after reviewing the video archive himself later. Turns out that game has some weird audio cue that I wasn't aware of, I guess, hahaha. I just like supporting people trying to create their own small content so I help whenever I can :)

baconcow

Just finished a season. Had a great final game, but did not make it to the playoffs. Noticed that I was unable to save the replay of my final game. Went directly to a Standards and Start New Season selection. Seems like an unintentional oversight.

Has hit 120k Concurrent users
Number one seller on Steam
Top 5 on Twitch
Fastest growing non-default subreddit yesterday
Universal praise

This game is seriously a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom