• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rivuz

Starting to hate this game. Everytime somebody quits, a bot comes in and those are always stronger than anybody i've met online. **** you bots!

Yudoken

So for other PC users, is a controller really the best way to go?

We'lI don't think that a guitar, bongo, racing wheel or other weird controllers (which you totally can use on pc) are better than a DS4/DS3/360 pad. =)

I personally prefer the 360 pad but the DS4 is also a good choice but don't forget to change brightness of the back led to "1" and to regularly charge the pad.
DS4's have terrible batteries.

Also, add me on Steam if you want to play (and talk), I'm Yudoken there and from Germany.

Risev1

Servers offline now?

I've literally have only been able to play one online game since buying this game. Why the heck does this game seem to be getting a pass even though it launched with terrible servers?

Servers offline now?

I've literally have only been able to play one online game since buying this game. Why the heck does this game seem to be getting a pass even though it launched with terrible servers?

Servers have been up for most of the last 48 hours.. what platform are you on?

Servers offline now?

Probably cause they are just an indie studio. But online seems to mostly work for me on PS4. Some trouble but most times when I went to play it worked.

MUnited83

For you.
Servers offline now?

Working just fine here. Replying to your question:

1. It's an indie game, so they don't have a huge AAA budget from where to pull magic servers
2. There's far more demand than they initially thought.
3. Complainers like you don't know a single thing about servers. Guess what, there's no magic fórmula for servers. You can't accurately predict when they will break or why until the game is actually released. Its not a simple matter at all. Its not just changing a number from 5000 to 50000 and its done. Shit breaks and you will only know it happens when it actually happens.

Risev1

Working just fine here. Replying to your question:

1. It's an indie game, so they don't have a huge AAA budget from where to pull magic servers
2. There's far more demand than they initially thought.
3. Complainers like you don't know a single thing about servers. Guess what, there's no magic fórmula for servers. You can't accurately predict when they will break or why until the game is actually released. Its not a simple matter at all. Its not just changing a number from 5000 to 50000 and its done. Shit breaks and you will only know it happens when it actually happens.

Doesn't mean we don't have the right to complain though

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A game like this is going to have some legs. It's legit fun and has high community involvement. Imagine when this gets some workshop support. Psyonix could currate top designs and include them in official patch additions.

I'm not able to do it tonight but sometime tomorrow afternoon\evening EST I need to get the trophy on ps4 for playing online with a friend. If anyone would like to get this trophy with me just message me on here or add me with a message on psn my name is mattsonlyhope. I don't give a crap about if we win or lose I just want the trophy. :D If I get more than 1 request I'll gladly do it with everyone it helps me get my distance traveled up without cheating with rubber bands after all :D

The sad fact of the matter is that as a smaller company you want server issues right at first.

If you don't have them, it means one of two things:

1) Nobody bought your game, or
2) You spent way too much money on server architecture because in a few days/weeks when traffic dies down you won't need all that you have and that's a bunch of dead money.

Risev1

Of course. Just not on the tone you did initially.

Yeah, I mentioned already that I did figure out what was wrong. Still, I won't fault myself for not knowing that spamming the "find match" button while the game is constantly telling me the servers were offline was a legit solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom