• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
Anyone familiar with ESL? How do I report a team that reported a win over us when we haven't played and they weren't on at the correct time?

Love the game. One of the first games in awhile that had me shouting in excitement at my TV.

That being said, if I were to suggest improvements:

1. I think the ball physics are a little too floaty. Yes, you can boost-fly up to get the ball but it's very tricky. A lot of time seems to be spent waiting for the ball to come back to earth, with a bunch of cars huddled underneath.

2. It might totally unglue the game, but I'd be very curious to see sideways boost-rolling give you more lateral momentum. I think this could open up more of a passing game on fast breaks, and lead to more passing in general, which would be awesome, IMHO.

The equivalent of flipping the board in chess.

I should try Ranked Duel sometime. I've only Duo'd with Deimos.

I usually just try and join any ranked game, so far I've found 2v2s most common. Since I haven't gotten a proper team yet, ranked team matches are likely to going to end with a lack of chemistry with the other players screwing you over.

EDIT: Currently got a Pro rank in 2v2s, but I think its not up to date.

LakeEarth

Have you ever seen the ball bounce INTO the ground before? I swear I was going for a bouncing ball and it actually disappeared as it hit the ground.

Do you remember the name?

I do not. Should have saved the replay of it. By comparison.

80ZgI8E.png

Fair play to the guy for sticking with it. I'd put that one on the wee bit of lag we had, ended up making the kick offs too in my favour, which caused a few of the goals.

Ainsz

Biggest surprise so far for me this year. Only ever played the demo of the original but this is some of the best fun on PS4 right now. Hugely addictive as well.

Greatest game of all time. I was willing to spend $20 on it, but free on psn makes it even better. The beta was great and the full game is more of the same. They got the strategy and physics buttoned up in this game. Like any other MP game, planning with friends and chatting strategy enhances the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom