• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the 0.1%. :D

cbVvvVa.jpg

0.2% now actually :p

I'll join you as soon as I play some exhibition modes to grind the 50 KM driven trophy.

This isn't just the best ps+ game, it's probably the best game on ps4

Seeing as Sony has had a solid relationship with Psyonix, I hope they give bigger support themselves: a tournament maybe, or a bigger presence at Paris Game Show (maybe for the next DLC)

I was hoping at E3 that they'd have a big spotlight. Remember the E3 before how a couple of indie teams had a good minute on stage?

Sony at least seems to have wanted this for PS+ real bad, let's hope they capitalize on this. They dont really have a platform "esport", but they can make the push for SFV and Rocket League, despite being PC games too.

It's so cool to see something so different.

I hope we one day see them make another sport lol.
Something like... First Person Turbo-Robo Basketball or something

Online?

I could have sworn that I read just yesterday that you only needed 50KM, and that it worked offline only, but only because online was messed up due to a glitch. Guess that isn't true then?
I'm looking at the distance I've traveled through Steam achievements. In-game I'm at like 15km, and it looks like the tires I've been using for a majority of my time spent in the game haven't tracked any distance traveled.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Who won the US Tourney?

You know... how do you knwo when youve propably played too much RL?
I was on my way to work this morning in my car pool on the passenger seat. We approached a small slowdown due to a construction site. And for a very brief moment, quarter of a second or so, I honestly thought "come on dude, just boost over them". Then reality struck and is was like, "well, damn!"

This game is super fun and everything but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Opinions and all. Resogun was the best game on PS4 for quite some time and I think this game is nearly as good. It's certainly some of the most pure,unabashed fun I've had on my PS4 since launch. So yeah, I wouldn't argue if someone calls it the best game on the system.

pmx7

Neo Member
This game is insane fun. But frustrating when teamed up with players who race around chasing the ball with no regard for defence lol

Anyone in Australia wanting to team up add my psn: pmx7

Also looks glorious on the ps4. So much polish I can see my own reflection in it

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
people are questioning the quality of this game? Really?
This is the best game of the year so far. without a doubt.

Domstercool

Had some incredible matches last night. Even one that ended up 7-0, but then had one that finished 1-1 and included over 5 minutes of overtime. :D

Fantastic game!

LordofPwn

I got the 500km trophy before I had everything unlocked. Was around the 150 games played mark. I play mostly season mode unless I have a team for online. I can get frustrated with teammates constantly bumping me when I try to set up.

Someone said it earlier, don't hit the ball just because you can. And certainly don't try just because you can, because if your try fails it can swing a shot on goal into an opponent scoring on you in an instant.

More ideas for devs:
Time of possession.
Percent or time in the 2 territories.
Heat map. In replay mode or post match stats. Shots taken, missed, made on a map to possibly show where you need to improve from
Boost picked up/consumed
Demolitions

Pastry

Banned
I get that defense is important but I just played with a guy that spent the entire game in the goal and they still scored twice and beat us 2-0.

impact

Banned
people are questioning the quality of this game? Really?
This is the best game of the year so far. without a doubt.

Maybe second behind Bloodborne honestly

and I'm an American that fucking HATES soccer. HATES! Rocket League is just too fucking fun. Anyone got some tips for defense?

BashNasty

I get that defense is important but I just played with a guy that spent the entire game in the goal and they still scored twice and beat us 2-0.

It's a difficult thing, as a newcomer both offense and defense are hard. I'm getting better at the game, yet I still struggle with both myself. Give the guy some slack, he's trying to get better. I'm sure he blocked some shots, and I'm sure you missed some shots.

Planet

and I'm an American that fucking HATES soccer. HATES! Rocket League is just too fucking fun.
I am a European that fucking hates any sports game ever. I don't watch sports either, because it is so boring. Also I lost interest in racing games a few years back, the last one I really enjoyed was wipEout HD, but even that was after a long gap.

But I love Rocket League and can't put it down. Wouldn't go as far as GOTY, but definitely way up in the highlights.

Planet

To aid Steiner in his quest: before Rocket League, the abbreviation RL stood for Real Life. But that is a legacy system now. ;)

Dr Prob

Banned
Going by what I read earlier in here, guess I'm in the minority in that I really like playing 4v4. It can be a bit of a clusterfuck which can lead to (hilarious) flukey goals, but on the rare occassion when your team conceives, sets up and executes a sweet play it feels that much better because there's more that can go wrong. All about that 4v4 life.

I am getting better at this game, and most of the credit for that goes to this thread. I've read a lot of useful info, so now I approach each match much smarter and with more tactics.
It's very similar to real football, if you simply run after the ball all the time, you'll get nothing done and just get exhausted.
Now I just try to cover the midfield, stay a bit more in my own half, and only charge forward when the situation calls for it.
Since doing that, my stats improved, and my team is winning much more often.

j6Za5rh.jpg

Moosichu

0.2% now actually :p

I'll join you as soon as I play some exhibition modes to grind the 50 KM driven trophy.

Seeing as Sony has had a solid relationship with Psyonix, I hope they give bigger support themselves: a tournament maybe, or a bigger presence at Paris Game Show (maybe for the next DLC)

I was hoping at E3 that they'd have a big spotlight. Remember the E3 before how a couple of indie teams had a good minute on stage?

Sony at least seems to have wanted this for PS+ real bad, let's hope they capitalize on this. They dont really have a platform "esport", but they can make the push for SFV and Rocket League, despite being PC games too.

It's so cool to see something so different.

I hope we one day see them make another sport lol.
Something like... First Person Turbo-Robo Basketball or something

I think that would help solidfy them as 'E-Sport' games. Get the PC crowd involved and hooked but have all major tournaments use PS4s by default, so once they are hooked serious players play on PS4. Gives Sony an win-win in marketing and presence and possibly more sales by going multi-platform. The cross-platform play also really helps unify the player base.

I now finally have a PS4 game I can tell all my PC friends to buy and play with them! :D

drotahorror

How do you view your distance traveled? (ps4)

Also, does anyone have some good camera setups? That Kronovi streamer has a nice setup on his camaera but now idea what his settings are.

I think that would help solidfy them as 'E-Sport' games. Get the PC crowd involved and hooked but have all major tournaments use PS4s by default, so once they are hooked serious players play on PS4. Gives Sony an win-win in marketing and presence and possibly more sales by going multi-platform. The cross-platform play also really helps unify the player base.

I now finally have a PS4 game I can tell all my PC friends to buy and play with them! :D

Psyonix would never let that happen. So many of their SARPBC community are now pc only, and they're the ones who are gonna put on a show.

Hasney

I know it's probably been posted, but since I just woke up and saw this from Kronovi. In the ESL final. With 16,0000 people watching...

8d8c371daa676822cf05b4f255ef1546.gif

How do you view your distance traveled? (ps4)

Also, does anyone have some good camera setups? That Kronovi streamer has a nice setup on his camaera but now idea what his settings are.

Distance travelled is counted on the tyres, but it's only tracking offline right now.

Camera settings are here. They're what all us
not even close to being
pros are using

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

I remember there was something about the SSARPBC controls that put me off, but Rocket League is so fantastic. Is the powerslide new or did they change anything else significant?

Vorheez

I'm tired of winning games in overtime and having 4-5 saves, but getting NO recognition. I know that's part of being goalie, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom