• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue I have with this game is the connection issues. Granted I'm in Australia where our internet is made from cans and string but other games seem to work fine where this one I'm having interruptions constantly. Still fun enough to push through though.

I would join the GAF tourney but I'm on holiday the next 2 weeks. It would have been better to wait for the crossplay patch to be honest, there are hardly any steam teams that signed up :/

wormania

After doing the season for the trophies (ugh, never playing with bots again), I really hope they bring colour randomisation to online matches. Seeing the stadium and cars in all the different colours is really sweet, it's a real shame we're stuck with blue/orange only

My goodness, THIS GAME. It might be my GOTY. I can't believe how rewarding the mechanics are and how addicting the gameplay loop is. Hats off to Psyonix, you guys absolutely nailed it.

Danielsan

I'm thinking of double dipping on this game, just to support the developers. But I'm not sure the PC version would be that much of a worthy upgrade given the cross platform play. Perhaps I'm better off waiting for DLC and buying that day one.

I'm thinking of double dipping on this game, just to support the developers. But I'm not sure the PC version would be that much of a worthy upgrade given the cross platform play. Perhaps I'm better off waiting for DLC and buying that day one.

Yeah they deserve it. I got my PS+ copy and went ahead and bought two Steam copies.

I played quite a few games this weekend. Enough for me to have the strange desire to make my car jump and tilt my front end forward on my way to work.

BShadowJ

Anyone knows if the Ranked stats are gonna update after they're fixed? I know the rating isn't changing, but if it won't change when it's fixed, that makes me somewhat not want to play ranked... On the other hand I'm finally having good matches so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hasney

Anyone knows if the Ranked stats are gonna update after they're fixed? I know the rating isn't changing, but if it won't change when it's fixed, that makes me somewhat not want to play ranked... On the other hand I'm finally having good matches so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They said they're flushing it through, so it should update at some point. When that point is, who knows?

I played quite a few games this weekend. Enough for me to have the strange desire to make my car jump and tilt my front end forward on my way to work.

i had non-stop dreams about the game throughout saturday night/sunday morning after binge playing this game all day saturday.

theres usually one or two games a year that do this to me and its one of the greatest feelings.

so my friend got me to play this last night. did the basica tutorial, played him 1v1. Then we went and played a 2v2 and won. Got another friend on, played 3v3, won. Got my brother on, played 4v4 for the next hour, won most. Game is amazing. I cant believe I never played SSARPBC. Prbably because the name had me completely confused on the type of game it was (Had assumed it was a light hearted take on twisted metal, and never cared to look into it more)

Hasney

I get Batman delivered today. Will I play it after having "a couple of quick games of Rocket League" while it installs?

Mendrox

Game is soo good. We played 4 on 4 matches (4 players local at my house) last weekend and it was a blast. Everyone loved this game. :)

Hoodbury

Awesome matches tonight with Gaf. Tons of fun! Hopefully we do it often.

That was so fun! Just downloaded the game last night and got an invite from you guys so had no idea what I was doing but soooo fun. Your username matches your gameplay, damn you and some of the others were good.

Poetic

Bought Saturday for PC, spent at least 9 hours. Only took breaks cause my finger hurt and my palms were super sweaty. What an amazing game.

I'm not very good but I'm enjoying it a ton. I want to get good.

WITHE1982

merchandize is available now.
http://www.rocketleaguestore.com/

allready ordered my tshirt!

The football jerseys in either team blue or team orange colors are pure sex. I may just drop $50 on one... or two.
RL_Jersey_Blue.png
RL_Jersey_Orange.png

TheDanimal

Hi guys, my friend Soulflarz and I are looking for a third member for the GAF Rocket League tournament! Before everyone starts clamoring to join our all-star team, let me tell you a few things about ourselves. We're not the best players, but we have a lot of fun. We put our heart into each and every game. Defense may not be our strong suit, but we work really well as a team, as evidenced here: http://gfycat.com/RewardingQueasyAnophelesmosquito
If you join our team, you will have an absolute blast! Feel free to quote this post, PM me, or PM Soulflarz if you're interested in playing with us. If this isn't the right place to post this, someone please call me out, and I can remove the post and post in the tournament thread.

I actually think a huge part of the boost in appeal is purely down to the name, the original name is terrible and does not sound like a good game at all, To me it would be like having Quake 3 called Super Advanced Acrobatic Shooty Bang Bang, sometimes a simpler name is all that it takes to get peoples attention.

That doesn't really explain the 67 metascore.

WITHE1982

I'm still Semi-pro. When I get to Pro, will it be a dramatic difference?

Yup it just goes on XP gained, which basically is just an indication of how long you've played. I'm at pro (level 23) and I feel quite ashamed to carry the moniker as nothing could be further from the truth. Matchmaking hasn't been effected at all. It's still just random.

On the plus side I've finally unlocked all the items in game. Just 2 more trophies to go.

BShadowJ

Well the Rocket League servers are acting up again, searched for Ranked Doubles, got into a Standard Unranked game... :(

Are the servers down? It keeps saying 0 people are playing :/

They actually disabled that because of the server issues. If the game doesn't tell you "Not connected to the Rocket League servers" in red or something like that, then they should be up.

bjaelke

Yup it just goes on XP gained, which basically is just an indication of how long you've played. I'm at pro (level 23) and I feel quite ashamed to carry the moniker as nothing could be further from the truth. Matchmaking hasn't been effected at all. It's still just random.

On the plus side I've finally unlocked all the items in game. Just 2 more trophies to go.
I faced a veteran players last night - but that was not coherent with his performance.

Hasney

Game of all time gets Jerseys. Seriously Rocket League league cold be the new Esports Highlight after CSS and LOL.

Over 16,000 people watched Kronovi's stream in the US ESL cup. Once they get spectator mode in for a single streaming place, I think the numbers will be insane.

That doesn't really explain the 67 metascore.
I am curious. Its almost tempting me to go play the original to really feel the difference, but with online most likely dead I doubt I would get to see it. From youtube videos the car control seems nearly identical, but rocket league has simplified level design (definitely for the better)

Doesnt matter much in the end, rocket league is super fun

BShadowJ

Yeah, I got into someone's private game a couple of days ago when searching doubles ranked. They were all asking how I got in!

ROFL now that's funny. I actually got into a game, then the opposing team scored a goal and all of a sudden, back to a loading screen, and I was in a private standard match with them. I was like "wtf just happened?" x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom