• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ball cam or no ball cam?

I started playing with ball cam always on but have found it hard to be precise with shots.

I find I'm on ball cam mostly, but switch when I need to look at where I'm going... Kinda hard to say when that is I guess you know better at the time.

WITHE1982

DBT85

Had a few games so far today. Just learning get how to play. Stored 15 in one match against the rookie AI (most from kick off) so probably need to up the setting lol.

Great fun!

I kinda want to try this on PC...
Well, if I don't like it, I can get a refund.

If you want the money, I suggest not buying the game, because you won't dream of taking that refund option as soon as you play it
3AQmK.gif

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I've made a fair few saves that just trigger a 'clear ball'

yeah thats what I mean and if you save out of your box it wount count also. And those ones are ofently very clos ones (countershots) where noone else is in the goal and you rush back to save it midair, but out of the box.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Won a match 10-1. lol

Each one of us had at least 3 goals a piece too. Pure domination.

After hours of play it's become very obvious that I'm much better at defense and setting guys up with assists in this game. Not so much with scoring...

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
due to the reduced matchmaking algorythm (currently to keep the servers load under control) me and a mate haven been MMed with alot of new players in 2on2 ranked.
we had several matches 8-10:0 or higher the last 2 days.
16:0 yesterday and a 14:0 straight after..
we would get our ass handed if we would be matched with actual good players..

WITHE1982

Thanks Hasney

Does anyone else alter their controls? I have jump on L1 and Boost on R1.

I use the default but I am thinking of changing boost to one of the shoulder buttons which seems to make a bit more sense (as you don't need to move your thumb from X). I'll just need to re-learn where it is which will take a while.

So I never played Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, but noticed that the scores for Rocket League seem to be better so far.

What differences are there between the two? because it looks pretty much the same gameto me, so trying to figure out why this would score higher.

Werd

due to the reduced matchmaking algorythm (currently to keep the servers load under control) me and a mate haven been MMed with alot of new players in 2on2 ranked.
we had several matches 8-10:0 or higher the last 2 days.
16:0 yesterday and a 14:0 straight after..
we would get our ass handed if we would be matched with actual good players..

Ah, that explains that. In 1v1 yesterday the matchmaking seemed pretty weak, I had way too many "rookie" opponents who couldn't have ranked up much. Got one guy to 7-0 at 4:07 remaining before he quit.

Then I got destroyed 10-1 this morning by some guy who must have been pretty high level.

Hasney

Was just watching back he matches I put up from ESL (reviewing the tape is a thing, dammit!) and I didn't realise that the second match against french monster had a 5 minute overtime period. No wonder I was sweating like a criminal in church after those matches.

valeo

So I never played Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, but noticed that the scores for Rocket League seem to be better so far.

What differences are there between the two? because it looks pretty much the same gameto me, so trying to figure out why this would score higher.

Probably just more people and hype behind it. I never played the old one but saw videos; it does look like pretty much the same game with more maps.

I can't seem to find games on PC since the patch. Anyone else?

BShadowJ

Was just watching back he matches I put up from ESL (reviewing the tape is a thing, dammit!) and I didn't realise that the second match against french monster had a 5 minute overtime period. No wonder I was sweating like a criminal in church after those matches.

5 minutes??? And it only ended because they pretty much scored an own goal, otherwise we'd still be there longer! Wow. Seriously intense match that was man...

Also, (delayed) daily reminder the sign-ups for the GAF Tournament are up!

valeo

Still just sitting there searching for games...Tried for last 20 minutes. Restarted router. I got into one game, and now I can't get into any more. Whats up? (Oceania)

BashNasty

More hype and a whole lot more people realizing this is a great game. Also they had 6 years to perfect the formula, it's not surprising in the least that it's scoring higher.

SerTapTap

Better graphics, way better name, sells itself better. Though I barely played the original (just because it was on PS+) so there could well be control/etc refinements I'm not noticing. Name and presentation are a lot more accessible IMO though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

A tighter and more refined game. 60fps, less input lag, and better car/ball physics make a huge difference. I can't go back to the first game on input lag alone. That and the sluggish sub 60fps with screen tearing headache.

A tighter and more refined game. 60fps, less input lag, and better car/ball physics make a huge difference. I can't go back to the first game on input lag alone. That and the sluggish sub 60fps with screen tearing headache.

Weird how I never noticed it on SARPBC but on RL PS4 it's all I can think about. Most of it is probably just in my head though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Weird how I never noticed it on SARPBC but on RL PS4 it's all I can think about. Most of it is probably just in my head though.
It probably had more to do with sporadic performance but it made the game feel sluggish. I have no issues with a locked 60@1440p on PC for RL.

I've made a fair few saves that just trigger a 'clear ball'

I've made a few saves that trigger neither. Which is really weird...how can slicing a ball headed straight towards the goal just outside the box be neither a save nor a clear?

I'm not sure I even understand the Center or Clear scoring though, because both seem to be fairly random points when I get them.

Yeah, come on guys. 10 PS4 teams and 3 Steam teams is a poor showing considering how many of you there are in here!

I'm EST time and have postedtwice in the sign up thread. If I can find 2 other folks from Rocket GAF to join me in some sure to be slaughterings, I'd definitely love to sign up!

Love the Goldblum pic. That's absolutely the best advice for all new players I could give. Played with a guy last night in one game prevented 4 goals for our team trying to score himself (I hope) and knocked in 3 on the other end. These new folks just have this insane desire to hot the ball whenever, wherever, doesn't matter, they have to hit it ALL THE TIME.

WITHE1982

I've made a few saves that trigger neither. Which is really weird...how can slicing a ball headed straight towards the goal just outside the box be neither a save nor a clear?

I'm not sure I even understand the Center or Clear scoring though, because both seem to be fairly random points when I get them.

I agree saves seem to be rather random. I can clear the ball off the line and get nothing yet intercept one at almost half way that is on target and get a "save"

Center is when you hit the ball and it reaches the opponents goal area (18 yard box in football), clear is just when you hit the ball away from your own goal area.

The Cowboy

I actually think a huge part of the boost in appeal is purely down to the name, the original name is terrible and does not sound like a good game at all, To me it would be like having Quake 3 called Super Advanced Acrobatic Shooty Bang Bang, sometimes a simpler name is all that it takes to get peoples attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom