• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDanimal

Gonna try posting this again to see if anyone can help:
I cannot for the life of me get online splitscreen to work. Every time I've tried connecting another controller to play online with me, it says that it needs to be signed into PSN. My PS4 is set as my primary console, so I have no idea how to fix this. Has anyone else faced this problem and been able to fix it?
Hm, when I click find match with a second controller (Guest 1) in the party, the game tells me that the Guest has to be logged in, and doesn't allow me to even find a game. It doesn't allow me to say no, all I can do is close the prompt.

Question: what is the difference between people picking "ready" and "vote for rematch"?

If you vote for rematch, you keep the same teams. Usually, this matters when playing with randoms who decide to stick around

Edit: Beaten like my match against boer_brothers

Gonna try posting this again to see if anyone can help:

Have you tried logging into the second account itself on the PS4? Maybe restore licenses, activate the second account as primary too?

Also, did you by chance get the PS+ game from New Zealand and are using the new zealand version?

If so, you need to download the version native to wherever you're from. Dont worry if you just downloaded the PS+ title like you normally would (the game came out first in New Zealand, so a lot of people in EU and US made a New Zealand account to download it from the New Zealand PSN Store)

TheDanimal

Have you tried logging into the second account itself on the PS4? Maybe restore licenses, activate the second account as primary too?
I'm not sure I understand. Let's say I want to play online with two friends who are at my house. I'd like them to play as guests since they do not have psn accounts. Is this not possible? I thought I could do it without my friends having psn accounts.
Edit: I have the US version.

I'm not sure I understand. Let's say I want to play online with two friends who are at my house. I'd like them to play as guests since they do not have psn accounts. Is this not possible? I thought I could do it without my friends having psn accounts.
Edit: I have the US version.

I believe they cannot be guests to go online, as I have never seen a guest online.

Simply make them an account. They don't need to be PS+ members. It will take like 5 minutes.

I realize the distance driven is not being reflected for online matches for the 500km trophy, but has anyone found that the trophy does indeed pop from nearly exclusively playing multiplayer? I'm getting close to collecting all the items, leaving only the 500km trophy.

BShadowJ

I believe they cannot be guests to go online, as I have never seen a guest online.

Simply make them an account. They don't need to be PS+ members. It will take like 5 minutes.

I do find it weird that it worked in the beta, but to be fair, I haven't seen anyone with a guest playing online in the full game... :/

Torillian

Neo Member
Aw man, ok. I'll go right ahead and do that. Thanks!

May not work, I tried to make my wife an account and then it just told me the account needed PS+ to use that feature when I tried to go online. Let me know if this works as a fix for you but I only got her online with me by getting her the free 2 day trial of PS+ which obviously won't last forever.

So two things Im curious about reading the old blogs from Psyonix_Dave:

1) In-game tournament support seems to have been a huge deal. I know it's planned as an update, so I'm actually excited for them. Would be a great boost after the game settles in a few months from now

2) Mutators seemed to be something they were working a lot on. I wonder if they will still happen. I can't recall if they gave up on these. Would be interesting to know what they were working on past goal sizes, score modifiers, and cubed balls.

bombshell

May not work, I tried to make my wife an account and then it just told me the account needed PS+ to use that feature when I tried to go online. Let me know if this works as a fix for you but I only got her online with me by getting her the free 2 day trial of PS+ which obviously won't last forever.

Did you set your PS4 as primary for your account? That should give PS+ privileges to any account on that system.

The second person does not need PS+

I assume you launched the game from your account? Were you set to primary?

Dammit, beaten again

I'm soooo close to top 100 on 3v3 ranked. Guess it's another night of RL. Can't get this game's hooks out of me.

*it does help that the matchmaking isn't sorted out, because I get to play a bunch with new players.

Unfortunate heads up:

We're probably going to have to go down for a maintenance (60-90 minutes) to recover from the issues today. Our twitter will have updates.

TheDanimal

The other day I played with my brother who had to log in to his account, and it gave us the same ps plus thing. I closed the game and reopened it and everything was fine. Make sure your PS4 is set as primary and hope for the best, and maybe it will work.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy crap.

I thought I'd jump on Rocket League for the first time, for a game or two, at 1am this morning because I wasn't tired and didn't want to sleep. I didn't stop til 3am.

This game is amazing!

AcridMeat

Banned
3v3 is the gold standard and should still be, but I was thinking about it and I think 4v4 could be where real team competition lies. Thinking about all of the nuances when there's another 2 cars out there, a well coordinated 4v4 team would be so much more fun to watch to me. With all of the fluke goals scored from deflections and stuff, having a dedicated defender would do wonders. Also, little things like knocking the other team members slightly off course when you see a teammate heading for the ball, things of that nature would be so much more prevalent. The proposition seems much more tactical.

This is what I thought about in the shower this morning hahahaha.
Had my first Aerial Hit, it was amazing XD.

Here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPo8ksnF89E
Niiice this is sweet.
Holy crap.

I thought I'd jump on Rocket League for the first time, for a game or two, at 1am this morning because I wasn't tired and didn't want to sleep. I didn't stop til 3am.

This game is amazing!
Hahaha, I've got friends jumping on because they have time for 2 games before work. This really is becoming a drug.

I feel sorry for my friend, I get really vocal and agitated in this game lol. Especially when people ram into me.

I am the same way, which is why im sort of unwanting to play with one of my other friends.

When I play mobas with him, hes very commanding and whatnot, and I don't think I can deal with him commanding while playing this.

valeo

Kinda hate when people play goalie. Feels like it slows the game in 3's.

If you don't have someone at or near your own goal at most times, you're playing the game wrong.

A goalie who knows how to boost can easily get goals.

My biggest frustration is when everyone goes for the ball from kick off, and no one stays back. Drives me nuts when the opposing team scores.

3v3 is the gold standard and should still be, but I was thinking about it and I think 4v4 could be where real team competition lies. Thinking about all of the nuances when there's another 2 cars out there, a well coordinated 4v4 team would be so much more fun to watch to me. With all of the fluke goals scored from deflections and stuff, having a dedicated defender would do wonders. Also, little things like knocking the other team members slightly off course when you see a teammate heading for the ball, things of that nature would be so much more prevalent. The proposition seems much more tactical.

This is what I thought about in the shower this morning hahahaha.

Niiice this is sweet.
Hahaha, I've got friends jumping on because they have time for 2 games before work. This really is becoming a drug.

Funny enough, I played 2v2 ranked for so long that I was overwhelmed with 3v3

4v4 is just too messy

I think 4v4 is a great party mode for unconventional maps, but it could be competitive with a larger standard map.

Stiler

Are there any penalties for leavers/afkers?

I think if they want to grow this as an esport game they really are going ot have to implement them if there aren't any.

Cause so far I keep getting stuck in games where after one team gets a goal someone has to "give up" and leave his team with AI instead.

Really needs to be a punishment if you are constantly doing that.

Gibbles17

Apologies if it's been asked but is it possible to play private games between PS4 and PC players? I know actual in-game parties aren't doable right now. Hoping to play with some PC homies tonight.

AcridMeat

Banned
Funny enough, I played 2v2 ranked for so long that I was overwhelmed with 3v3

4v4 is just too messy

I think 4v4 is a great party mode for unconventional maps, but it could be competitive with a larger standard map.
But see, it's only messy because there's no coordination. I'm not talking about teams right now, but down the line I think it'd be much more entertaining watching a 4v4 match than 3v3. There's so much nuance in how the deflections work, and knocking someone just off course enough, or bumping against them on those 50/50 balls.

I guess my point in all of it is that there's still so much depth to this game that once people figure it out more, a bigger team full of people with that knowledge would be more fun to me to watch.

MUnited83

For you.
Are there any penalties for leavers/afkers?

I think if they want to grow this as an esport game they really are going ot have to implement them if there aren't any.

Cause so far I keep getting stuck in games where after one team gets a goal someone has to "give up" and leave his team with AI instead.

Really needs to be a punishment if you are constantly doing that.

At least in the regular playlists the leavers get replaced by bots. In competitive if someone leaves you have to play the rest of the match solo :(

BShadowJ

Apologies if it's been asked but is it possible to play private games between PS4 and PC players? I know actual in-game parties aren't doable right now. Hoping to play with some PC homies tonight.

Not yet. The first patch is already confirmed to include that, and is slated for release before August.

slash3584

It's my Internet or are the euro servers a bit messed up right now? Tried to find a game for 10 min to finally enter a 2 vs 1 with 3 bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom