• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't connect to anything, seems Europe is offline to me
Yup, same.

Edit: Looks like I'll be trying the single player then.

11754423_763802040287_4464660860557352049_o.jpg

I don't really understand this.

The previous game has a Metacritic score of 65
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/supersonic-acrobatic-rocket-powered-battle-cars

Rocket League is getting a lot more love and scoring in the mid eighties, why?

The online stuff is great (though the servers need to stabalise) but they've removed all the unique stadiums you can play in. And the overall game feels a fair bit floatier than the previous.

Rather than unique and interesting levels they're all just different skins and the same default pitch :(

Example of what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iibc_mHFeDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTVPLZ-Iumk

PBY

Banned
Funny enough, I played 2v2 ranked for so long that I was overwhelmed with 3v3

4v4 is just too messy

I think 4v4 is a great party mode for unconventional maps, but it could be competitive with a larger standard map.

I disagree on 3 v3 being the standard. 2v2 is perfect imo.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/supersonic-acrobatic-rocket-powered-battle-cars

The online stuff is great (though the servers need to stabalise) but they've removed all the unique stadiums you can play in. And the overall game feels a fair bit floatier than the previous.

Rather than unique and interesting levels they're all just different skins and the same default pitch :(

Example of what I mean:

Different reviewers, a more polished game, and a different gaming climate all have a part to play in it I imagine.

Any steam players want to party up? Add me: FreddieSwell

PBY

Banned

Example of what I mean:

Sometimes less is more. Simplicity can be great.

If anyone wants to help me get the trophy for playing an online game with a friend, I would appreciate it. Psn is villainous711

Edit. Got it now, thanks.

Gibbles17

Not yet. The first patch is already confirmed to include that, and is slated for release before August.

Right on thanks broski. Wonder if in-game parties are in the works too, that would be unreal. Legit GOTY contender for me, haven't been hooked on a game like this since vanilla WoW and the competitive
lightning mode
Melee days. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's a zombie at work because of it >.>.

valeo

At least in the regular playlists the leavers get replaced by bots. In competitive if someone leaves you have to play the rest of the match solo :(

Am I the only one who actually finds it funner when the odds are stacked way against me? i.e. 2v1. For some reason I play better in those situations.

DBT85

What's the deal with the "season" thing? This game is much more fun (and fair) to play when you play with people - not AI.

There are loads of people that don't like to play online, have crap connections or whatever but still want to get some kind of practise in for playing local.

The way the stadiums change colors during season mode makse me imagine how awesome it would be if we can make custom colored teams and logo. seeing Fnatic vs EG with team colored cars and Stadiums lit up in their respective colors would make an awesome E-Sport spectacle.

The way the stadiums change colors during season mode makse me imagine how awesome it would be if we can make custom colored teams and logo. seeing Fnatic vs EG with team colored cars and Stadiums lit up in their respective colors would make an awesome E-Sport spectacle.

Mannn. I've been saying this over and over.

I think they want to add it in, just a matter of managing time and priorities.

I just wanted the colours. The night map makes the goalposts glow, it's so beautiful.

But adding custom logos and seeing team flags? That'd be so badass. I doubt we'll see it ever happen until they do a sequel, but custom clubs and tournaments would really be the coolest thing ever.

And the game also has those ad banners around the bigger stadium arenas. Imagine if those were filled with like other teams, ESL promotion, and all that kind of stuff.

Off the charts amazing stuff. I just want to watch this like a sport.

MUnited83

For you.
Am I the only one who actually finds it funner when the odds are stacked way against me? i.e. 2v1. For some reason I play better in those situations.

It depends. I had great fun on a 2v1 match against me once. Managed to win by quite a bit of a difference and it felt awesome. However, if the people you are playing against know what they are doing the game is very one-sided.

Mannn. I've been saying this over and over.

I think they want to add it in, just a matter of managing time and priorities.

I just wanted the colours. The night map makes the goalposts glow, it's so beautiful.

But adding custom logos and seeing team flags? That'd be so badass. I doubt we'll see it ever happen until they do a sequel, but custom clubs and tournaments would really be the coolest thing ever.

And the game also has those ad banners around the bigger stadium arenas. Imagine if those were filled with like other teams, ESL promotion, and all that kind of stuff.

Off the charts amazing stuff. I just want to watch this like a sport.
This game is probably better suited for all that stuff than any other. I know the devs said they wanted E-Sports but wouldn't force it but I think it's happening. Game is very popular and very deep it's just natural. Would be amazing if they grow to support these kind of features.

DBT85

That's all I've been playing. I love it. I'm too intimidated to play against other people.

It's ok. I don't play online usually as I'm shit, but unlike something like Fifa where someone can dribble the length of the pitch and turn you inside out and get you frustrated for being shit, you can actually still enjoy yourself.

Another nice thing is that the difference between you and the guy who's put in 100 hours is just experience, not a million perks, upgrades, better stats or anything else.

I'm hoping once the matchmaking is working properly that people like me can get games against people similarly crappy!

valeo

It's ok. I don't play online usually as I'm shit, but unlike something like Fifa where someone can dribble the length of the pitch and turn you inside out and get you frustrated for being shit, you can actually still enjoy yourself.

Another nice thing is that the difference between you and the guy who's put in 100 hours is just experience, not a million perks, upgrades, better stats or anything else.

I'm hoping once the matchmaking is working properly that people like me can get games against people similarly crappy!

Yep, which is why it makes for such a good competitive game. Something like FIFA frustrates because you have to rely on the AI a lot; Rocket League is all about you and a couple of friends co-ordinating properly.

When I lose a game of RL I don't get overly frustrated because it's so quick to get into the next one.

Afrikan

dat feel when you fuck up bad and the ball goes right by past you for an obvious goal....but your trusted teammate is back there to save it.........again.

with no one to ever to see that replay of u effing up.

Metal Gear Ray, salute.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Salty rage-quitting sack of shits in this game crack me up. Don't play ranked then if you can't take the beating.

TheDanimal

Every time I make an epic save in this game, I wait for a moment, expecting a replay.
But then I remember that replays are for goals, not saves.

Salty rage-quitting sack of shits in this game crack me up. Don't play ranked then if you can't take the beating.

I think it's even more weird in unranked. You're literally playing for fun with nothing on the line. Just play it out and try to learn from whatever it is beating you. Though I've had countless times where my own teammates quit and we're winning or it's just a 1 score game early on.

I think it's even more weird in unranked. You're literally playing for fun with nothing on the line. Just play it out and try to learn from whatever it is beating you. Though I've had countless times where my own teammates quit and we're winning or it's just a 1 score game early on.

Yeah i don't understand this either. It wasn't like that in the Beta, no one was quitting.

owlbeak

Man it's getting really frustrating playing with new players who just hit the ball regardless of where it is or what's going on. So many balls lazily rolling in front of the goal, I'm boosting in to bury it in the net and some dolt on my team hits it back towards our net or just hits sideways just because they can.

Just because you can hit the ball doesn't mean you should!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom