• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Got the 500km trophy, tires say 80km. Mhmm. Only need the friends trophy now for the Platinum. Might drop my name here tomorrow, would be nice if someone could help me out then. :)

rpmboy

Just got my plat. Very fun and easy.
CJ1y8M1W8AI5azk.jpg

servers down for me the last few hours. says im offline. Ive restarted and everything, hrmmm. im on east coast

It says they are offline for me too (also on the east coast) I set match making then started playing a season and it eventually match made me.

Edit: Do the different models of cars affect anything in game? Like handling, speed, jump height?

Great game most fun I've had on PS4 since I bought the system. That said the bots that fill in spots when someone leaves is game breaking. For four matches in a row whatever team had most AI players won, needs to be fixed I'd rather play outnumbered than a multiplayer mode that really isn't. Reminds me of when I played Loadout, same deal, AI teammates equal auto win, I uninstalled that game real fast.

DBT85

It says they are offline for me too (also on the east coast) I set match making then started playing a season and it eventually match made me.

Edit: Do the different models of cars affect anything in game? Like handling, speed, jump height?

Stats are identical, they have slightly different hitboxes though.

Some seem to think that there are minor handling differences too.

drotahorror

I hate that I can't practice the aerial shot tutorials and whatnot. I have R1 bound to boost and pressing it resets the ball.

Very lame, wish the devs would fix this or something.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I hate that I can't practice the aerial shot tutorials and whatnot. I have R1 bound to boost and pressing it resets the ball.

Only have one function per key binding and that won't be an issue.

I'm online now add me coolbluehalo would like to play 4v4. I'd love to get four gaffers together for some matches. Even if we have to do private matches 2v2

Needs more recognition: How the countdown syncs with the music. Perfectly on beat,

Defensive stats need to be tracked better and with more exposure. Right now it's pretty reckless because everyone just follows the ball like a dog after its own tail. There needs to be more incentive to play D, and part of that will come by recognizing defensive feats more.

We need a training mode where we can freely place the ball along the x,y,z axes to work on our trick/aerial shots.

Why can't we save custom car loadouts? I hate not being able to keep a car looking one way while having another looking differently. Anyone else agree?
This game is too damn good.

this game is too fucking good

Holy shit this game is amazing!

Agreed. :)

valeo

Sounds like user error rather than the devs not fixing it. Not exactly a priority to accommodate people who, for some reason, bind two functions to one button.

the best part about it is that i don't get mad if i lose, it's still fun. just hit the rematch option and go again

I was like that until I started playing ranked. Now I'm constantly pissed, my hands hurt, and I can't pull myself away. I thought the regular multiplayer was addicting, this is drug like. Must be #1!!!!! !!!!

Someone just dropped from our team (3vs3) and me and Jalabasuarus whipped em!! Ranked match against three pros! Awesome

drotahorror

Sounds like user error rather than the devs not fixing it. Not exactly a priority to accommodate people who, for some reason, bind two functions to one button.

Didn't realize that "Voice Chat' was the reset ball button in the tutorial. I looked in the keybindings for a 'reset ball button'.

Sorry I guess. Thanks for the reply though, you must feel good about yourself trying to make someone feel like a fucktard.

I honestly didn't realize that "Voice chat" would be the same button to reset the ball. Honest mistake, I apologize profusely.

Only thing Id like to see is Epic Saves bumped to like 75 points instead of 60.

I think people think too hard about being a good goaltender. The roles should be evolving depending on positioning and who has the momentum with the ball.

Maybe they should have split the MVP award to a Best Defenseman (most clears + save points), and Best Forward (most center balls + score points) awards.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back to highlighting stats to everyone after a game: Most Boost Used, Most Air Time, Most Saves, etc. I just love those breakdowns.

valeo

Didn't realize that "Voice Chat' was the reset ball button in the tutorial. I looked in the keybindings for a 'reset ball button'.

Sorry I guess. Thanks for the reply though, you must feel good about yourself trying to make someone feel like a fucktard.

I honestly didn't realize that "Voice chat" would be the same button to reset the ball. Honest mistake, I apologize profusely.

Sorry, just get annoyed at people blaming the devs for small things like that when all it would take is a small bit of research on your part.

owlbeak

Finally unlocked Sweet Tooth by winning a game with each car. Now just the 500km trophy and I'll have platinum'd this game. First full set of trophies for a game on my PS4.

I just cannot stop playing! It's been a great distraction from all the pain I'm in due to an abscess under my molar.

KodaRuss

I am kinda bad at this game but I am having a lot of fun so far. It is awesome that it is split screen as well, my brother in law and I had an awesome time playing last night.

Stiler

Ok, why on earth can RANKED games start with 3 vs 2??? Why would they allow that at all? That is completely and utterly unfair for ranked.

DBT85

They fall for it every time ;)

FqMlktt.gif

Noobs, if they hit it hard enough it'll go top dead centre, not too hard though or it goes over.

If I'm in the straight on position I boost all the way and let go of boost and throttle once I hit the last boost thing and it goes in every time. No jumping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom