• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noobs, if they hit it hard enough it'll go top dead centre, not too hard though or it goes over.

If I'm in the straight on position I boost all the way and let go of boost and throttle once I hit the last boost thing and it goes in every time. No jumping!

I've had some people do it but I still fly to block it at least. Caught me off guard once though...

Ferrio

Banned
This game makes me rage just as bad as a MOBA. Asshole greedy teammates that smack you or your ball as you're lined up for the shot.

Awesome games guys, thanks a ton for joining in. I think from now on when I play I'm just going to make an open PSN party, feel free to drop in and invite anyone you want

So thank you v1lla21, Flunkie, cr_blah_blah, mauaus, Tunavi! If I didn't mention you, it's because I don't know your GAF name, sorry!

First Late Night 2v2 tourney

You guys won, you fuckers

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Im looking for average-above average teammates for the gaf tourny... Pm me if interested

Anyone have advanced skill suggestions to practice or tips?

Awesome games guys, thanks a ton for joining in. I think from now on when I play I'm just going to make an open PSN party, feel free to drop in and invite anyone you want

So thank you v1lla21, Flunkie, cr_blah_blah, mauaus, Tunavi! If I didn't mention you, it's because I don't know your GAF name, sorry!

You guys won, you fuckers
Ya that was fun. Its hard to want to play any other games.

v1lla21

Did anyone capture that ridiculous own goal I scored? Lol I got first touch and the ball bounced off a player, off the wall, i boosted and did a backflip and hit the ball into our own goal. One of the best goals I've ever scored.

I was dreadful today :( i missed so many opportunities and my reaction time was slow.

I've given up on this. Being paired against teams with two AI bots online is no fucking fun at all and it's way too common. Me and my teammates are still learning the game and the game is saying "fuck you" and pitting us against bots which are on a totally other level to everyone else on the pitch.

It's not the game I wanted to play.

SappYoda

I've given up on this. Being paired against teams with two AI bots online is no fucking fun at all and it's way too common. Me and my teammates are still learning the game and the game is saying "fuck you" and pitting us against bots which are on a totally other level to everyone else on the pitch.

It's not the game I wanted to play.

There are no bots in ranked. You could only play ranked if you don't like bots.

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/620837986792439808

BTW, we have a patch coming later this week that will address a lot of issues. Looking forward to talking about it once confirmed

Sadly not the x-plat private game patch, but it's good to know we'll see some fixes in the next few days
AU7Amsc.gif

Guys I've played this game like crazy and there's something I still have no idea how to do: how do people say 'Nice shot!' 'Thanks',... Etc?

I know how to write my own text by pressing the touchpad but these 'nice shot' keep popping up so there must be a list of predefined phrases.. How do i access those?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Guys I've played this game like crazy and there's something I still have no idea how to do: how do people say 'Nice shot!' 'Thanks',... Etc?

I know how to write my own text by pressing the touchpad but these 'nice shot' keep popping up so there must be a list of predefined phrases.. How do i access those?

nice shot is left, up
great pass is left, left
what a save is left, down
thanks is left, right

all on dpad.

bombshell

dpad

One press in either direction shows 4 possible expressions.

red731

Can't wait to unwind after work gettogether.
Acrid, I'm the Czech guy from the morning - if you or others from RLGAF steam group will want to play later EU time, we can arrange something.

Anyone else stop wearing hats? I want something a lil smaller. Most of the hats in game are too huge especially for smaller cars.

Also:
Matchmaking back on track. We should show you guys our free "Thanks For Not Killing Us" items soon. Getting to work on them shortly.

this just in!
FUN FACT: More than 2 million people have DL'd Rocket League on PS4/ PC so far. That's amazing! Thanks to everyone for everything... ever!

Planet

More than 2 million people have DL'd Rocket League on PS4/ PC so far.
I will never understand that. PS Plus must have far surpassed 10 million subscribers by now, but even if just: what the frog is wrong with those 8 million?

They paid for this game, they can have it with a click and without any additional cost. Is the vast majority really just "Call of Doody said I need it so I have it!"?

Xater

I will never understand that. PS Plus must have far surpassed 10 million subscribers by now, but even if just: what the frog is wrong with those 8 million?

They paid for this game, they can have it with a click and without any additional cost. Is the vast majority really just "Call of Doody said I need it so I have it!"?

They are all waiting for Knack.

Steiner84

most people have it for online MP and dont even know about the free games.

shmoglish

Maybe it is the "justanindieidontlikethem" thing again. The game looks great, is fun and has a good learning curve. You really feel it when you get better. And the reviews are good. There is really no reason not to dl and try it.

AcridMeat

Banned
This is Rocket League.
7ma2wNr.png
Haa..hahahaha D:

I need to capture that aerial goal I had tonight. That was something magical. Also that equalizer with 1 second left scored by the other team hahahaha.
Can't wait to unwind after work gettogether.
Acrid, I'm the Czech guy from the morning - if you or others from RLGAF steam group will want to play later EU time, we can arrange something.
Right on, I'll be on in the evening your time, heading to bed now.

Steiner84

Lol i tried everything but the dpad. Thanks!

there are more on the other directional buttons.
left is for compliments, up is for team info (defending, got it, etc), right is for expression (OMG, WOW, %$&$%) and down is for, uh, dunno, but it has sorry and no problem in it.

So, has a concensus been reached regarding the hit detection of the different vehicles? Specifically, do the larger vehicles have larger hit boxes? Or are the differences 100 percent cosmetic? I know the handling and speed are the same across the board, but the hit detection has me wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom