• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BShadowJ

Dammit man! For you, I'll try again this weekend.

Not going to text the girlfriend that I'll be looking at ball cam all weekend though. I don't think she'd approve xD

Yeeeess! Mission accomplished! xD
And yes, ball cam is a dangerous proposition... Best to keep it a secret for now from the girlfriend yes xD

John Dunbar

correct about everything
it feels like my ability to play this game varies enormously from match to match. i range between god-awful and mediocre. i would understand if it was the result of improved opponents, but i suddenly start missing dead balls for an entire match. it's a mental game.

hydruxo

Yeah, I'd rather play shit and have regular cam than ball cam. Did it for 3 days in the beta and tonight and it makes the game feel horrible to me like I'd rather be playing anything else.

51ab8d24afa96f6f1700002c.jpg

#TeamCarCam

Grinchy

Banned
it feels like my ability to play this game varies enormously from match to match. i range between god-awful and mediocre. i would understand if it was the result of improved opponents, but i suddenly start missing dead balls for an entire match. it's a mental game.

Yep, this is about where I'm at now. I'm on a down slope for sure. Every time I play, I play horribly. It's been going on for a few days at least. I'm not sure what I did to my brain but I'll fix it soon.

Played this game the other day on rookie just to get the feel of it. The AI doesn't use boost during rookie does it? I can score a goal every time on kickoff... Having a blasty playing it though. Getting used to being in the air is taking time. Are the harder difficulties fun? Playing online would intimidate me atm

Played this game the other day on rookie just to get the feel of it. The AI doesn't use boost during rookie does it? I can score a goal every time on kickoff... Having a blasty playing it though. Getting used to being in the air is taking time. Are the harder difficulties fun? Playing online would intimidate me atm

Get them feet wet! Just do online un-ranked. No pressure, it is just for fun. Learning how normal people play will help you improve quicker than grinding against AI. Also, in un ranked, when someone quits, it is replaced by pro AI so you will still get plenty of AI practice regardless haha.

n0razi

This game is awesome.. it has officially dethroned Super Smash U and MK8 as the goto party game when my friends are over. Its just so damn easy to pick up and play and you don't have to be good at all to have fun.

Glad to see number of players again. 150K is insane

Does this mean they fixed most the issues? No downed servers at usual peaks like we saw before?

Disappointed that utopia is a standard map. We have enough of them. More of a patience thing since I assume different shapes are coming..they are right?

It doesnt have to be wildly different, but Im hoping it's not just a rectangle. SARPBC had rectangle-like maps that had something different: wasteland was large, cosmic had elevation, galleon had ramps

Can we see something like raised platforms, or something that is a rectangle with an added twist?

Is it going to be just another rectangle?

Afrikan

about to hop on for a bit PSN Afrikan.... played this damn game till 8am this morning...and now waiting for laundry to finish, just ate lunch...so back to the game it is!

it's so weird though, I was doing HORRIBLE a day ago and late last night, but then something clicked and I was good again..which is the reason I kept playing until this morning....hopefully I still got it lol.

newsguy

I finally got around do to trying remote play with RL on the vita. Unfortunately it's locked at 30fps and feels real sluggish. I thought I read that they had done 60fps for remote play.

I feel much more comfortable playing 2v2 than 3v3 I've found this evening. Had a bunch of really good games today 2v2. I'm only playing ranked now. #NoBots

Report the fucker.

How? Where? Got called it multiple times, was told to hang myself, and all that. I mean, I havent experienced this since wayyyy back when playing like COD Black Ops. It doesnt bother me, I laughed at him, but I would love to have his ass reported or his account suspended.

Rallyhawk

How about positive reinforcement, rather than negative? If a player quits early, their 750 points for a completed game is split amongst his or her teammates. It would incentivize a player to stick through to the end of a 2 vs. 3 game even. Then, if you quit early again, someone comes to your house and destroys your console with a bat. Simple.

waypoetic

Banned
How about positive reinforcement, rather than negative? If a player quits early, their 750 points for a completed game is split amongst his or her teammates. It would incentivize a player to stick through to the end of a 2 vs. 3 game even. Then, if you quit early again, someone comes to your house and destroys your console with a bat. Simple.
2 vs 3? As soon as someone leaves a bot takes their place.

Yudoken

I had a party today and played 4 vs 4 on two pc's/tv's in the same room and we experienced terrible lag and only were able to play a couple of rounds because the lag was really bad and didn't stop.
I would like to do something like this again but those servers are still fucked up. =/
We choosed europe server (we're from germany) and after experiencing terrible lag we choosed east coast usa server and it worked better than those on europe...
Of course we tried it a few couple of times but those europe servers behave similiar and it was not fun to play.
I really wish that the game get's a lan mode...

The Cowboy

That's disappointing but I guess the game could use more maps.

I still hope they put Cosmic in just as it was in Battle Cars. I would take the pirate ship level too, but Comic is my jam.

I want a sky pitch set in a flying helicarrier thing with a green/orange/blue tinted see through glass floor, it would be awesome to see a huge drop under the pitch with a city way down below :D.

shinn623

Such a great game. Knew people would love it. Enjoying my time with it for sure. Surprised no one has found out about a certain secret. It's pretty awesome, and those who played SARPBC would love it. PM if curious.

Dizzy-4U

I'm amazed how it still is the top seller on Steam. I know that it may not mean much but hopefully is doing well for them.

Any news when that cross-private patch is coming?

The hell is this shit man. Why even bother with more palette swap arenas at this point.

The crazy stages in the last game was some of the most fun I've had playing with friends. Hope they don't forget their roots for this competitive twitch crap.

They only said it will not be the same, that does not imply it will be the same as the existing maps.

My text chat doesn't seem to be going through. PS4 player here. I hit the pad and type a message then hit r2 but it doesn't show. What am I doing wrong?

Mindlog

Game starts normally.
All of a sudden I'm controlling the ball in the air, setting up my own shots and scoring.
WTF?

It was local play. We had a good laugh because even I didn't know how the hell I was doing it. Just started happening.

Noaloha

My text chat doesn't seem to be going through. PS4 player here. I hit the pad and type a message then hit r2 but it doesn't show. What am I doing wrong?
Think I saw something about a bug stemming from playing the game from suspended mode. Try closing, reopening if you've had the application open since a previous session.

Vire

It's about to hit 200k on Steam according to Steamspy.

Definitely seems like going the PS Plus route was the right move. The positive word of mouth led to many more PC gamers buying the game and tons of Twitch exposure.

Plus they said they were up to over 3 Million users who have downloaded the game. That's a lot of potential hat sales...

I'm so happy for the guys at Psyonix.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Something's been up with the servers lately. I usually never had much lag or connection symbols, but these past two days it's been pretty terrible on the west coast servers. Pings are low, but whenever someone joins, it'll lag. Don't get me started every time a match starts...it's the worst. It'll fix itself, but it's annoying.

Cess007

I didn't noticed it before but...

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with that mexican flag.

The flag is inverted. Green should always be the first color coming from the flagpole, and the eagle should be facing left

kgtrep

I started playing this today and absolutely love it. The online multiplayer was the most fun I had among the few online games I've tried. Definitely check it out if you have PS+!

I didn't noticed it before but...

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with that mexican flag.

The flag is inverted. Green should always be the first color coming from the flagpole, and the eagle should be facing left

Yeah they are gonna fix it in the upcoming patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom