• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BShadowJ

You guys who are getting so frustrated during ranked should just play normal unranked. Is getting a little number next to your name worth the exercise in frustration?

It's kinda of a double edged sword for me, because it's like, the number isn't the biggest thing for me, it's the fact I get higher quality (i.e. higher level) games when playing ranked. And when everyone sticks around, the games are great. The frustrating part is when people leave yeah, but when people don't leave... Win or loss, it's so good. Which actually makes it more frustrating when people do leave. :(

DrkSage

Holy crap how the salt flows when I mess with the opposite team on chat whenever my team scores xD. What starts everything is #MLG then after every shot scored I throw in a 2ez, get rekt casul, #420 blaze it or some other random stupid gibberish. If anyone finds someone saying shit like that online, I'm sorry, but its fun xD

AcridMeat

Banned
Nudged a friend into a good save
SBRmagh.gif

(Sorry for the terrible quality)
I don't think it could get any closer than that. Holy shit.

Lunar FC

Holy crap how the salt flows when I mess with the opposite team on chat whenever my team scores xD. What starts everything is #MLG then after every shot scored I throw in a 2ez, get rekt casul, #420 blaze it or some other random stupid gibberish. If anyone finds someone saying shit like that online, I'm sorry, but its fun xD

Feel sorry for the people who play you.. :/

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

You sound like a ton of fun...........

Hopeford

Was without internet for a bit and played against the AI...you know, I've come to the conclusion that the hardest AI setting is actually easier to beat than the normal one because your Hard AI teammates are just a lot more reliable. It's kinda funny it works out like that.

FootballFan

PS4 version doesn't allow User + Guest split screen online. You have to have both controllers logged into their own, separate PS+ accounts.

That's incorrect.

I can and have played online on my non-PS+ accounts, as long as the master account on the PS4 has ps+ you are okay to play.

Same goes for split screen. I've played online split screen with my nephew even though he doesn't have ps+ on his account.

It's even better when someone does that and ends up losing.

16BitNova

This is probably old as hell. But just found out about the Easter egg when you input the Konami code on the Press Start screen! Neato. For those who don't know Konami Code is Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, O, X.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is probably old as hell. But just found out about the Easter egg when you input the Konami code on the Press Start screen! Neato. For those who don't know Konami Code is Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, O, X.

I'm about to hop on and I'm gonna try this. Glad you didn't say what it is ;)

I'm about to hop on and I'm gonna try this. Glad you didn't say what it is ;)

You have to enter it before getting to the start screen.

Input the code as soon as the Psyonix logo appears. Then press options on the start screen

Also, you may have to enter "X, O" instead of "O, X"

I can't remember which, but I was doing it the wrong way.

Brashnir

Input the code as soon as the Psyonix logo appears. Then press options on the start screen

it also doesn't work on PS4, FYI.

Mechazawa

I dropped ranked when I realized how small the pool of players in that was.

Smaller pop + tons of leavers = what am I doing with my life.

I notice the unranked playerbase just gets naturally better anyways when the game starts matching you up with players who have reached Veteran XP.

It is X then O. The original Konami code ends with B, A, Start. Remember that on the NES controller, B is on the left of A. So on the DS4 it is UUDDLRLRXOoptions.

nicolajNN

Is this like a neogaf gold thing or is it real? I am doing it and nothing is happening. I feel like I'm being trolled.

Oh and if anyone wants to play I'm on PS4
PSN - lookatmego1984

It really does work, but like TimeEffect said further up, on PS4 you need to do X O then Options, while I believe it's O X on PC

Grinchy

Banned
It would be awesome if the primary colors were expanded. Like, Blue Team should have black and Orange Team should have white.

Unicorn

I was pretty pissed about that for like 5 minutes lol.

You know what would be a cool addition? Horns.
If horns get their own audio slider so I can just turn them off lol.

Also, I turn the sounds to super low when talking with friends on Steam, but some sounds remain loud and even crackle, such as ball explosions and end of the game winner screen blare. Is that an issue that is getting addressed?

Played with my friends last night and we started talking about the lore of Rocket League.

Do you guys think there are people in the cars? Or are they sentient, like in the Pixar movie Cars?

What about the audience? People? Cars?

Is this Earth? Another planet? What year is it? Do they play for sport or is this some sort of Gladiatorial combat arena?

Hmm.

Iced

Played with my friends last night and we started talking about the lore of Rocket League.

Do you guys think there are people in the cars? Or are they sentient, like in the Pixar movie Cars?

Is this Earth? Another planet? What year is it? Do they play for sport or is this some sort of Gladiatorial combat arena?

Hmm.

That's so weird. I was thinking kind of the same thing. I had a thought whilst waiting for a game to start a little while ago: Rocket League: The Motion Picture.

Think of it like a BASEketball-esque screwball comedy. Starts with a group of idiots inventing the sport on a smaller scale (go-karts, or bumper cars after-hours at a carnival), but soon grows into a national phenomenon.

The more I think about it, the more I think it could actually be pretty good.

That's so weird. I was thinking kind of the same thing. I had a thought whilst waiting for a game to start a little while ago: Rocket League: The Motion Picture.

Think of it like a BASEketball-esque screwball comedy. Starts with a group of idiots inventing the sport on a smaller scale (go-karts, or bumper cars after-hours at a carnival), but soon grows into a national phenomenon.

The more I think about it, the more I think it could actually be pretty good.
I asked the same question and the devs said it's meant to be a mystery. I like the thought of them being sentient.

Hmm.

I always thought the cars were tiny, and people are controlling them with remote controls

Oh my god.

I just tried playing this today and...

...oh my god...

I don't think I've had this much fun playing a game since years. Holy shit everything is perfect, the physics, the controls, the presentation is sublime and really gets you hyped in the middle of the match, the sheer feeling of chaos when everyone rushes to the ball when it's first dropped, the saves, the salt when someone autoscores in your own goal, the adrenaline when you get a goal in.

This shit is perfect.

happiness-makes-you-look-weird.gif

Unicorn

Wtf has happened. Performance has fucking TANKED for me on my Surface Pro 2. 30 hours of smooth gameplay, but tonight it is chugging like Crysis in 2007.

What gives? I restarted and only have this running.
Settings haven't been changed either. And I'm in training free mode..

Wtf has happened. Performance has fucking TANKED for me on my Surface Pro 2. 30 hours of smooth gameplay, but tonight it is chugging like Crysis in 2007.

What gives? I restarted and only have this running.
Settings haven't been changed either. And I'm in training free mode..
Are you downloading Windows 10 in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom