• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSN's down for me too. And since I'm on my secondary console, I can't play any of my games.

This is at least the tenth time this has happened in 2015.

Getting legitimately tired of this.

muffs92

PSN's down for me too. And since I'm on my secondary console, I can't play any of my games.

This is at least the tenth time this has happened in 2015.

Getting legitimately tired of this.

I can't launch games from my library but I've been able to launch the Witcher 3 from an update file in the downloads section.

But Rocket League and Oddworld New N' Tasty won't go past the splash screen.

Josh5890

Hey Gaf, just wanted to say that the games were a lot of fun tonight. Had a blast. I really need to get a headset though.

I gotta pick between the Silver and Gold Headsets.

v1lla21

dustin-hoffman__130823104648.png

I'm reallyyyyy not liking this "2 or 3 back and a goalie" strat the community is gravitating towards. Then wait for a lucky bounce, score and then everyone play back with two goalies or more.

Such a boring fucking style of play. Attack the damn ball.

v1lla21

I have to dig up some of those replays though. I'm pretty sure some impossible saves were made.
Those last ones from the 2v2 matches were crazy

I'm reallyyyyy not liking this "2 or 3 back and a goalie" strat the community is gravitating towards. Then wait for a lucky bounce, score and then everyone play back with two goalies or more.

Yup, I agree but you only really see it with the less skilled players.

Grinchy

Banned

You'll rank out of that kind of gameplay soon enough.

And then when it comes up in the future, you just take advantage of the fact that the other team thinks it's a good idea to have no offense.

Unicorn

It has somehow fixed itself. I have no clue. Jumped into one game and played the best I ever have - wasn't expecting that going in cold after 24+ hours of not playing.

FerranMG

Man, this game makes me feel like I'm bad at playing videogames.
I must have played 15-20 matches, and I keep driving past the ball in the most absurd ways. Situations in which the ball is idle in front of the other teams' goal, and I'm driving alone towards it, only to miss it.
I guess the learning curve is pretty steep here. The game is tons of fun, but I feel like a total noob playing it, and it's frustrating.

Yesterday afternoon I played a 2 vs 2 match in which we won and I scored like 6 goals. I felt like I was starting to get into the game, only to lose 8-0 in the next one. Damn. :/

Unicorn

Man, this game makes me feel like I'm bad at playing videogames.
I must have played 15-20 matches, and I keep driving past the ball in the most absurd ways. Situations in which the ball is idle in front of the other teams' goal, and I'm driving alone towards it, only to miss it.
I guess the learning curve is pretty steep here. The game is tons of fun, but I feel like a total noob playing it, and it's frustrating.

Yesterday afternoon I played a 2 vs 2 match in which we won and I scored like 6 goals. I felt like I was starting to get into the game, only to lose 8-0 in the next one. Damn. :/
Try toggling ball cam off. I improved significantly when I did that.

DBT85

I was pretty pissed about that for like 5 minutes lol.

You know what would be a cool addition? Horns.

Better, pick a sound to play when you're the scorer or saver.

The amount of people using the FFVII winnig battle sound for scoring a goal will be crazy.

Dispatch

I just listened to the DLC podcast for this past week and they featured this game. I believe Jeff Cannata came up with the perfect analogy for this game's skill progression, too.

He said when people first start playing, they play like a six-year-old playing real soccer. We all just run around and try and kick the ball. However, once we get more hours under our belt, we start to learn the nuances of the game: positioning, timing, and playing certain roles.

Also, it might be merely my experience, but when I've ended up on a European server, it feels like people are far less likely to just chase the ball.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How does the ranking points actually work anyway? Why do multiple wins barely move it but one loss to to the game turning in to 3v1 cause me to lose sixty points?

crispyben

It would be awesome if the primary colors were expanded. Like, Blue Team should have black and Orange Team should have white.
This post reminded me of one of the few things that annoy me in this game: with some of the cars, the secondary color is more visible than the primary, which some people seem to use to create confusion by displaying some combination of blue and orange/yellow that makes it harder to tell at a glance which team the player belongs to. Am I alone in being confused (and annoyed) by this? Maybe Psyonix could prevent some color combinations to avoid this?

DBT85

Just seen that the quitter ban will be 15 minutes matchmaking ban. Nice.

How does the ranking points actually work anyway? Why do multiple wins barely move it but one loss to to the game turning in to 3v1 cause me to lose sixty points?

I wonder if a loss assigns x points and since you're solo you get all of them, rather than them being spread. I don't even know if pounding a team 5-0 does more for your rank than 1-0.

This post reminded me of one of the few things that annoy me in this game: with some of the cars, the secondary color is more visible than the primary, which some people seem to use to create confusion by displaying some combination of blue and orange/yellow that makes it harder to tell at a glance which team the player belongs to. Am I alone in being confused (and annoyed) by this? Maybe Psyonix could prevent some color combinations to avoid this?

I look at the colour of the name tag, not the car.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Do you get less ranking points when you win by forfeit rather than completing the match? If so, fuck these assholes who just quit with 1 second left of the match.

That's incorrect.

I can and have played online on my non-PS+ accounts, as long as the master account on the PS4 has ps+ you are okay to play.

Same goes for split screen. I've played online split screen with my nephew even though he doesn't have ps+ on his account.

Interesting. I was trying the other day and couldn't figure out a way to make it work. It worked out because my friend I was playing with has a PS+ account so he just logged in with the second controller, but we couldn't figure out how to get a non-PS+ account online at all.

When you say your "master account" on the PS4 needs to have PS+, what makes it the master? The account I set up my PS4 with has Plus and the PS4 is set as my home machine. Is there something else I need to do?

Man, last night I had a 3v3 ranked match where I was completely in the zone. I felt like I couldn't miss, and everything went my way. Ended up with 6 goals and won 7-1. There is a lucky goal, but I definitely was proud of the two aerials, especially goal 7.

https://youtu.be/45ou-UOXLQA

Edit: Oops, looks like I deleted one of the goals from the reel on sharefactory. Oh well, it was a pretty straight forward aerial. What sucks is that my next two matches were garbage.

Man, last night I had a 3v3 ranked match where I was completely in the zone. I felt like I couldn't miss, and everything went my way. Ended up with 6 goals and won 7-1. There is a lucky goal, but I definitely was proud of the two aerials, especially goal 7.

https://youtu.be/45ou-UOXLQA

Edit: Oops, looks like I deleted one of the goals from the reel on sharefactory. Oh well, it was a pretty straight forward aerial. What sucks is that my next to matches were garbage.

Holy shit, the last goal is amazing, well played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom