• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Ranking isn't always updated, if there's a lot of activity, it pauses so it gets flushed through without having an impact on the servers. It will update soon.

... But don't get attached to it, they're being reset.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What's up with the 500 km trophy? I'm about to get my last item but I only have like 60 km driven between all my wheels. I just tested how much driving in a circle for a whole match would do and... it was less than a kilometer. Is this trophy supposed to be absolutely ridiculous or what? On the other hand my "what's new" section is saying I have driven over 250 km so I don't even know anymore.

Wanna know what just made me start crying? Only after reading this post did I realise the trophy is for 500km not 50km. Oh god. I'm never getting it.

So is it confirmed that there will be multiple seasons for rank since they call this pre season? Will each last a month? Doing something like Hearthstone where reaching certain rank grants you a specific piece of exclusive cosmetic that won't be available again would be cool. Maybe a new Season Flag every month.

n0razi

I have:
- 1 PS4
- 1 DS4
- 1 Vita
- 1 DS3

is there a way to do 2 player local with any of that? ideally vita+ps4+ds4

GeeTeeCee

I don't think I've had a single stable match since the beta test. Mistakes that I make on my own? Fine. Mistakes caused by lag? Not good. I love the game but the Euro servers are starting to wear on me, and I can't find better matches in the other regions either.

Rising_Hei

when im ranked as silver i pair up with TERRIBLE players and when i'm back to bronze i meet good teammates again -_-

By TERRIBLE i mean people that always bump into you, steal your score chances and don't score themselves, make the ball go to their own field instead of the rival etc...

It can't be a coincidence, is that how the MM works?

DrkSage

I was about to ram my controller through my TV of how pissed I am.

I was being goalie and I saved like 4 goals and 2 of them consecutively and then comes this asshole and starts ramming me out of my goal. They need to fucking do something like, make the cars invincible when inside the goal area (behind the hologram shields) and make them hard to knock them out of there, make em heavy as real cars

Maulik

I was being goalie and I saved like 4 goals and 2 of them consecutively and then comes this asshole and starts ramming me out of my goal. They need to fucking do something like, make the cars invincible when inside the goal area (behind the hologram shields) and make them hard to knock them out of there, make em heavy as real cars

That's called a good counter to the strategy you were employing. The game should allow for such strategies and if they are throwing all three of their team at your goal just bump it back to theirs and score an easy one.

?

I have never done such a thing, however i think its a strategy like another.. I dont see why you're getting pissed over this.

hydruxo

I understand the frustration, but ramming / demolishing cars is a part of the gameplay. It's a valid strategy if people want to go do it. I've played a few teams that even have a player dedicated to doing just that. I say good on them if they can manage to do it consistently because purposely ramming / demolishing cars can be tough if the other team is moving around enough.

DrkSage

That's called a good counter to the strategy you were employing. The game should allow for such strategies and if they are throwing all three of their team at your goal just bump it back to theirs and score an easy one.

?

I have never done such a thing, however i think its a strategy like another.. I dont see why you're getting pissed over this.

I understand the frustration, but ramming / demolishing cars is a part of the gameplay. It's a valid strategy if people want to go do it. I've played a few teams that even have a player dedicated to doing just that. I say good on them if they can manage to do it consistently because purposely ramming / demolishing cars can be tough if the other team is moving around enough.

One thing is demolishing, and ramming is ok, but going into your goal, and ram you out all the way to the half field is another thing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Having someone just go and ram you around is not free for the opposing team. They still have to commit to this and subsequently are missing at setting up the ball or scoring or defending.

If the worst player on a 3-person team is able to nullify the best player on a 3-person team they are playing smart.

One thing is demolishing, and ramming is ok, but going into your goal, and ram you out all the way to the half field is another thing.

Lol. Come on now.

You got what you deserved: Be more aware and don't be an easy target :p

Usually, I notice goaltenders become more aware and jump, causing the rammer to fly into the back and possibly lose out on map control. It's a risky tactic

How can you get mad at being outplayed?

I had a teammate quit in a 2v2 when we were down 0-3, and after that the other team dedicated one person to trying to ram me constantly so they could keep running up the score. Just try to be a bit more aware of your surroundings and do short hops over them or boosts to get out of the way. I actually found it pretty entertaining, it made me stay on my toes the remainder of the game and almost cost them a potential loss (came back 3-4 because they wouldn't focus all efforts on the ball).

I play a lot of goalie and notice people will start to ram you like crazy like that. You just have to be more aware. I love when guys try to supercharge at me and I just hop over them like it's nothing. Probably makes them super salty. But yeah I agree it's a strategy and you just have to adapt to it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I play a lot of goalie and notice people will start to ram you like crazy like that. You just have to be more aware. I love when guys try to supercharge at me and I just hop over them like it's nothing. Probably makes them super salty. But yeah I agree it's a strategy and you just have to adapt to it.
It doesn't make me salty. It makes me smile that someone is paying attention. I then learn to not try the same thing again against that player. But when it works it's effective.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Hahaha wow the salt.

LAM09

Yeah same thing has happened to me. Stuck at 990 in ranked doubles for ages now. So close to breaking in to 1000....

Also today I found out there's a level above veteran. One of my opponents was an expert. He had certainly earned that title. We ended up losing 5-4 in overtime to that team. That guy was pretty good.

I didn't realise that. I thought Veteran was the highest.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Speaking of 1v1, I often see people in this mode using a certain technique that involves dribbling and somehow getting the ball to balance on your car so you can chip people. How the hell do you do that?

Without an universal account system I'm not sure how they will add crossplatform private matches. There is no way to add, message or invite people crossplatform. I know they said from the games backend it's all in place because everyone has a unique ID that is not split between PSN/Steam but what's holding them back is restrictions set in place by Sony. I hope Sony see's the game's success and let's them bend the rules for things like crossplatform parties and better comminication eventually. I almost wish they went the Portal 2 Route and has Steam Running on PS4.

Haunted

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif

Clockwork5

What? Make the cars invincible when in the goal? Lol no. How about you make yourself harder to ram.

I'm down for 1v1 tournament. If you guys would like, I can make the tourney.

Yes please!! I believe the 3v3 gaf tournie is still ongoing, so after that.

Though I also think Shadow offered to host a 1v1 earlier

Also, expert is after veteran eh?

So...I wonder what's at level 50?

Unless 50 is max.

"Legend" is probably the last rank.

Tunavi

Banned

sounds like you need to get better lol

AcridMeat

Banned
There shouldn't be a designated goalie, it's all about rotations. Whoever has the best angle/approach at any given moment should be attacking while others cover them.

Yup, staying in goal the whole time is detrimental to your own team. You need to rotate in and out of there or else you're just inviting pressure onto your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom