• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
There shouldn't be a designated goalie, it's all about rotations. Whoever has the best angle/approach at any given moment should be attacking while others cover them.

Me playing with Acrid...
baleog.gif

Grinchy

Banned
Yup, staying in goal the whole time is detrimental to your own team. You need to rotate in and out of there or else you're just inviting pressure onto your team.

This is one thing that bugs me so much. There are a lot of people who think that remaining motionless for 50% of the game is somehow helping the team.

I've been playing a lot of goalie lately (unranked 3v3/4v4s) and once someone starts trying to ram you, you also have to realize that this means they're not downfield helping their team defend against your teammates. Since it's easy enough to avoid someone doing that like everyone's said, it becomes them screwing their own team while being angry at not being able to do anything about you. Win/win!

Unicorn

I thought I was good during the week, landing aerials, making goals, MVPS for days. This weekend, starting Friday night I'm back to being a goddamn rookie. I have no idea. I had the feel, then I lost it. It's gone. I peaked and now I'm heading out to pasture...

I've been playing a lot of goalie lately (unranked 3v3/4v4s) and once someone starts trying to ram you, you also have to realize that this means they're not downfield helping their team defend against your teammates. Since it's easy enough to avoid someone doing that like everyone's said, it becomes them screwing their own team while being angry at not being able to do anything about you. Win/win!

Are you really pretending that people taking out a goalie are universally stupid?

Bad people are screwing their team by messing with the goalie. Smart people have it as part of their repertoire, and done properly it is no more dangerous than any other style of pressure on your defense.

And if you are dodging my ram, you aren't blocking a shot at the same time.

Grinchy

Banned
I thought I was good during the week, landing aerials, making goals, MVPS for days. This weekend, starting Friday night I'm back to being a goddamn rookie. I have no idea. I had the feel, then I lost it. It's gone. I peaked and now I'm heading out to pasture...

hahaha I laugh because I understand it

This happens to me all the time. I have some really bad days where I miss everything easy.

Are you really pretending that people taking out a goalie are universally stupid?

Bad people are screwing their team by messing with the goalie. Smart people have it as part of their repertoire, and done properly it is no more dangerous than any other style of pressure on your defense.

And if you are dodging my ram, you aren't blocking a shot at the same time.

I do find the notion that goalies seem proud about their ability to hop pretty odd. Especially because if they're hopping and moving out of the way of an aggressive opponent they are no longer defending. And if the other team is at a disadvantage because someone is messing with the goalie, what exactly is the goalie contributing that's any better? Boastful hoppers are weird.

Flarin

Hey GAF, I need some help!

I usually have really low ping in RL. I have strong internet and never have speed issues. However, after the latest patch all I have is insanely high ping that threatens to go over 200. Anyone having similar issues or have a solution?

I love this game so much but now it's totally unplayable for me :(

Edit: I'm on PS4

AwShucks

Servers have been ass since the update last night. Ever few games is a wonky pos despite every player having green ping. Frustrating

TMONSTER

Is destroying a goalie considered bad etiquette? Every time I do it I get cussed at and a friendly game becomes a mess of trash talking.

Tunavi

Banned
Hey GAF, I need some help!

I usually have really low ping in RL. I have strong internet and never have speed issues. However, after the latest patch all I have is insanely high ping that threatens to go over 200. Anyone having similar issues or have a solution?

I love this game so much but now it's totally unplayable for me :(

Edit: I'm on PS4
How far are you from your router?

I moved my ps4 to next to my router and now I get low ping much more

AEREC

Is destroying a goalie considered bad etiquette? Every time I do it I get cussed at and a friendly game becomes a mess of trash talking.

I like to play Goalie a lot and Im surprised I haven't run into this. Fair game as far as Im concerned. Every sport has it's poor losers.

I am supposed to get new items at the end of every match right? Why the fuck am i getting the Wing decal over and over and over and over again? My game is bugged and now i cant get that trophy :|

I thought this patch would fix it but it didn't. Goddamn it.

I am supposed to get new items at the end of every match right? Why the fuck am i getting the Wing decal over and over and over and over again? My game is bugged and now i cant get that trophy :|

I thought this patch would fix it but it didn't. Goddamn it.

I can't remember exactly, but does the game unlock the decals for each vehicle separately, or all at once? So if 6 vehicles had the decal available, does unlocking it once make it available on all, or do you have to unlock it 6 times?

I can't remember exactly, but does the game unlock the decals for each vehicle separately, or all at once? So if 6 vehicles had the decal available, does unlocking it once make it available on all, or do you have to unlock it 6 times?

Each vehicle has its own decal unlocks. Even if it's the same as one you've unlocked for another vehicle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Getting much more lag per match post-patch than before. Both on entering games in progress and randomly during matches.

Just got SIX shots on goal from a single aerial goal attempt. The ball bounced between my car and the goal like crazy. Notifications were still popping up a good 5 seconds after my failed attempt lol

DBT85

In the terms of British schoolyard foorball, you should be playing "monkey rush" as the rule for keepers.

Whoever is nearest the goal should defend it, that will be fluid depending on what has just happened.

Trojan

Today was the first day I could put some significant time into Rocket League, and I could not stop playing. Got up to 70% trophies in one day and having a blast. This fucking game.

zma1013

Game is great fun once you know how to actually hit the ball where you want. I'm on PS4, zma1013. I've only been playing tonight but i think i'm improving rapidly.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So it sounds like you don't like legit strategies. Do you also hate being thrown in a fighting game?

This made me LOL! I remember people who kept saying people "cheat" when they do throws in fighting games. xD

Also, agree with everyone. Ramming is a valid strategy and more people should do.

I'd try my best to get a Demolition if someone's playing goalie. Come to think of it, shouldn't players get like five points or something for a demolition?

Also, new AI scaling sucks balls sometimes. Either they're super stupid or just amazing depending on levels.

DrkSage

Perfectly legit, just like u sitting in the goal.

I don't stay in the goal for 5 whole minutes mate... I go out of it a few seconds to kick the ball away. ;)

No but seriously.

I don't camp at the goal, whenever the ball crosses to the other side of the field I go on the offensive, only come back to the goal of the ball goes to our side.

Now then, one more time for the hell of it: I don't mind getting blown to bits when I'm goalie, yes I do jump and Dodge if I see the guy coming to me, I don't bind getting rammed when I'm goalie and knock me to the side so your teammate can get a clear shot, hell I do the it when I go on the offensive. Now what I do mind and I don't do is get in your goal and start giving you small consecutive bumps making you not able to touch the ground or jump free and drag you out all the way to half field, with the first bump you do is enough for Pete sake.
man,I should have recorded it :p
Now hand me a stick, I also want to beat this dead horse.

Man I still suck hard after another couple hours with the game. I have no aerial attack at all. I just wait for it to come back down before going after it. I'm only playing against bots on pro and I still only win like 40% of the matches.

Fun but christ how long does it take to get any good at this? At this rate it'll be months before I ever get the balls to play an online match.

Sjefen

This made me LOL! I remember people who kept saying people "cheat" when they do throws in fighting games. xD

Also, agree with everyone. Ramming is a valid strategy and more people should do.

I'd try my best to get a Demolition if someone's playing goalie. Come to think of it, shouldn't players get like five points or something for a demolition?

Also, new AI scaling sucks balls sometimes. Either they're super stupid or just amazing depending on levels.

Demolition a goalie is so satisfying....

W1SSY

Man I still suck hard after another couple hours with the game. I have no aerial attack at all. I just wait for it to come back down before going after it. I'm only playing against bots on pro and I still only win like 40% of the matches.

Fun but christ how long does it take to get any good at this? At this rate it'll be months before I ever get the balls to play an online match.

Just play online, it does a good job of finding people around the same skill.

tm24

Demo is legit. My doubles partner isn't as good as me in hitting the ball, so he settles for thugging everyone, hockey style, and setting up my shots that way

Also, had an 11 minute game where no one scored and it was pretty much the goalie show. All i hear over voice and read in chat is about how me and the other goalie are freaking walls. When you rack up 500 pts as goalie and win mvp you know that was intense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom