• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErichWK

Sounds like you guys should have had a Red Bull promotion instead of Destiny!

Yeah, I had 100 last night which is a record for me by a magnitude of about 10 times, so the thirst is real for this!

We are from San Diego. We mostly run off of Taco Energy.

We are from San Diego. We mostly run off of Taco Energy.

Live feed from our server room.
tumblr_nggg6kWUtn1u5wfw2o1_500.jpg

BShadowJ

SARPBC cars and Utopia map confirmed for later this month

Sorta late to these news, but YEEEES!!

Yeah, I had 100 last night which is a record for me by a magnitude of about 10 times, so the thirst is real for this!

Yeah man yesterday I also got to 100 people, which blew my mind at the time, and then this... Just dayum!

Want you to know a bunch of our programmers haven't slept at all and have been working non stop to get this to work. So hold tight! We love you guys! (And coffee)

Live feed from our server room.
tumblr_nggg6kWUtn1u5wfw2o1_500.jpg

Yeah it sorta sucks the servers are offline, but we do all appreciate your hard work trying to get it back online as soon as possible. Even if the servers are down right now, the game is fun enough with bots to hold on until then ;)

Midn1ght

Played a full 9 weeks season, game is super fun ! Can't wait for the multi to work !

Feel free to add me : Inoa_Kai

nicolajNN

By my count we brought down GAF briefly yesterday, shortly after the first few regions had released Rocket League, we overcooked the game's servers, and now PSN is suffering. The hype is indeed real.

Trace

Banned
I need PS+ to be up and then servers to be fixed I guess, maybe by later tonight.

I bugged my 4 PS4 friends to get this game on PSN, we gonna do some 2v2 later. Should be fun times, thanks for making such a great game Psyonix :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's such a shame to have the launch tarnished due to something as mundane as server issues. You'd think they could have foreseen how popular the game was going to be.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, this game is fun as shit! As expected.

So far I've just done some training and completed my first offline season (did a quick 9-game one), which I utterly crushed (yeah, Rookie is eeeeasy) while getting almost half of the trophies along the way, lol. The AI is breathtakingly dumb (probably gets more competent at higher difficulties?), but man is it fun. And maaaan does it feel good when you nail an aerial goal. Haven't tried the online (is it working yet?), will be interesting to see how that goes.

The only thing I've found a bit disappointing so far is the framerate. I was under the impression that this was gonna be a mostly 60fps affair, but most of the time it's not even close. It only manages to stick to that target on one of the arenas, the indoors one with no grass. On the other ones it's consistently in the high 40s to 50s, and it gets worse the more grass the arena has. It's not bad, it's just not as smooth as I was hoping it would be. (Playing on PS4, obviously.)

I think most of this could've been avoided had the game released at midnight in NA like everyone were lead to believe. Die hard fans could've downloaded it then, while everyone else could've grabbed it in the morning. Stress on the servers would've been distributed rather than with one big influx of people.

The Cowboy

Holy buckets, i thought this was only on PS4, how i missed this was also on PC is beyond me - it looks great and I'm just waiting to see if its possible to get it a little cheaper.

I feel like the need to say something positive in light of all the shit server news. The controls on this game are so fun. I feel like you could probably take this and turn it into a Mario Kart arena game and it'd still be fun.

Someone dropped off a package at the door.

Got excited, even though I knew my PS4 shouldn't be back yet...

Was a package for a friend who is shipping stuff to my place.

Damnit. I guess PSN being down or whatnot means I couldn't have gotten too far but STILL!

xenorevlis, at least you releasing the video late makes sense now. Just say it's about the servers being down instead of the game not being out yet :D

xenorevlis, at least you releasing the video late makes sense now. Just say it's about the servers being down instead of the game not being out yet :D
The truth is the opposite, though. It was because Ray got access to the game ahead of time, like some of us here...

That and the GoPro format / conversion issue delayed us a few hours on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't believe the GAF-Hype but i was so wrong. Had an absolute blast so far and looking forward to the server being back up.

The hacker known as GAF knows his shit apparently, while I found offline a bit meh, the online was so fun I couldn't put it down until my eyes started to close from it being 6 bloody am!

Neofx

OH MY GOD.

My PS+ subscription just ended, so I can't play Rocket League anymore, and I can't resub because the store is down... WOW, FUCK.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOD.

My PS+ subscription just ended, so I can't play Rocket League anymore, and I can't resub because the store is down... WOW, FUCK.

Damn bro, that's suicide watch level unlucky.

It's such a shame to have the launch tarnished due to something as mundane as server issues. You'd think they could have foreseen how popular the game was going to be.

I hear you, but it's not a load problem and it's not mundane. There's a reason everybody has issues at launch with online play - launch puts an extreme stress on parts of your network stack that are very hard to test accurately before it occurs. Stuff works smoothly in a 10k concurrent player beta and falls apart at 13k, or 15k, or 20k... for unexpected reasons, not because of a lack of server quantity from underestimating demand.

I hear you, but it's not a load problem and it's not mundane. There's a reason everybody has issues at launch with online play - launch puts an extreme stress on parts of your network stack that are very hard to test accurately before it occurs. Stuff works smoothly in a 10k concurrent player beta and falls apart at 13k, or 15k, or 20k... for unexpected reasons, not because of a lack of server quantity from underestimating demand.
Not to mention, this game was rolling out for PS+ over PSN each hour. Must have been a rising mountain of players trying to download and then jump on!

Did you get a chance to see the live-action Rocket League video we made?

BShadowJ

I'm going to be honest: if the servers DIDN'T crash at some point, then I'd be worried. As much as it can suck right now, I'm taking it as a sign of a massive success (and a well deserved one too!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom