• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLaicH

Well, the PSN store came up just long enough for me to add the game to my cart and proceed to checkout, but now it's stuck again. :(

For those of you who haven't seen it... and since the servers are down for the moment...

Rocket League in Real Life (Withdrawals lol)

PAo5ub.jpg

Didn't play the alpha/beta but that sounds terrible.

I don't even know what he's talking about. I put tons of time into the beta and there was no crafting or salvaging of equipment.

It was in the PC alpha during summer last year. Instead of getting equipment at the end of a match, you had a random change during matches to receive raw materials. You could then use those materials to craft a random common, rare, etc. piece of equipment. It was a huge grind in the alpha though and the random drops during gameplay were kind of distracting. You could also salvage equipment for raw materials.

TMC

It was in the PC alpha during summer last year. Instead of getting equipment at the end of a match, you had a random change during matches to receive raw materials. You could then use those materials to craft a random common, rare, etc. piece of equipment. It was a huge grind in the alpha though and the random drops during gameplay were kind of distracting. You could also salvage equipment for raw materials.

Yeah, I could see how that could take away from actually playing the game. Thanks for the insight.

Hasney

I hear you, but it's not a load problem and it's not mundane. There's a reason everybody has issues at launch with online play - launch puts an extreme stress on parts of your network stack that are very hard to test accurately before it occurs. Stuff works smoothly in a 10k concurrent player beta and falls apart at 13k, or 15k, or 20k... for unexpected reasons, not because of a lack of server quantity from underestimating demand.

But if we were to get a taco hat as compensation, maybe this all goes away? I'm open to bribes.

JambiBum

For those of you saying that bots are too easy, play on all star and see if you still feel that way. Every game I've played is just as intense as if I was playing humans.

Hasney

For those of you saying that bots are too easy, play on all star and see if you still feel that way. Every game I've played is just as intense as if I was playing humans.

Playing 4v4 all star right now. it's fun as fuck and just chaos.

Taco boost

Yeah, mini tacos though. I think if they were components of tacos, the mince coming out the back might look like, uh, something else.

Murray97

I won most games by 7+ goals on All-Star. Its all super boring unless its against humans for me. Hopefully the servers are up soon.

SxP

I get that when you're playing on Rookie, you're teammates will be terrible as well. But, when a teammate literally dribbles the ball all the way from the opponents goal into our own goal, that's a little much for me. To say nothing of it happening multiple times in one game.

ErichWK

Playing 4v4 all star right now. it's fun as fuck and just chaos.

Yeah, mini tacos though. I think if they were components of tacos, the mince coming out the back might look like, uh, something else.

One of my favorite things to do at the office is drink wine and and spout off a ton of ridiculous boost ideas to everyone.

My favorite reaction is "..that....would never work"

Hasney

Goalie practice in all stars difficulty is brutal. 2/10 D:

First shot: "Don't know what he means, just need to master arials a littler"
Second shot "I'm out of goal, so I guess I just gotta boost over there... HOLY SHIT AN AIR SHOT AT THAT SPEED?!"

One of my favorite things to do at the office is drink wine and and spout off a ton of ridiculous boost ideas to everyone.

My favorite reaction is "..that....would never work"

If anyone said a taco boost wouldn't work, then I'm holding them solely responsible for the servers.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i've only played a few games, but is there some consensus on what the best strategy in this game is, or if there even is one? i've only really gotten results if i just rush for the ball with the other bots and hope it bounces my way. there doesn't seem to be any roles here (like some cars concentrating on defense, some on attack etc.).

i've been playing on pro and the results vary widely. sometimes i win like 6-0 and sometimes i lose equally ugly.

i've only played a few games, but is there some consensus on what the best strategy in this game is, or if there even is one? i've only really gotten results if i just rush for the ball with the other bots and hope it bounces my way. there doesn't seem to be any roles here (like some cars concentrating on defense, some on attack etc.).

i've been playing on pro and the results vary widely. sometimes i win like 6-0 and sometimes i lose equally ugly.

The best strategy is to have someone defensive minded, someone getting involved in the scrums and someone looking for loose ball shots that come from the scrums. Everyone on the team ramming the ball at once never works. If your team is bad, find a spot and look for breakaway and shot opportunities that come from everyone slamming together. Always have boost.

hymanator

Can't download on PS4 because PSN store is down.
Bought the pc version to get my fix... but the online servers are down.
Better than nothing I guess.

NA gamer here. It's unhealthy how many times I've tried opening the PS Store on PS4. Around 14:30 ET, I was able to get on the store once every five tries, and I eventually claimed Rocket League right before being kicked. I didn't know the purchase was made until I received an email from Sony. Now I can be on the store here and there for a few minutes, but I am immediately kicked once I click on Rocket League.

Going to finish up some homework and keep checking every 10 mins / checking this thread.

Also, the PS Store on Vita still works fine for me. Downloaded all the PS Plus games. Haven't checked PS3.

Update: I was able to start downloading RL at 16:55!

WiCkEd_Co

I can get the store to load if I keep trying and even make it to the RL page but the download button is missing. I just want to start playing season mode if servers are down.

FelipeMGM

This is absurd. I actually had to work today cuz I had nothing to do at home since PS Store is crashed. Just let me play this amazing game Sony, I beg you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom