• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Love the disconnect antenna. The wheels will go well with a pirate/skull theme as well. Might use that for my Mad Maxmobile.
90 hours in. Just hit veteran rank and did all achievements. I still want to play non stop and when I can't I think about it or watch streams. I watch videos and read guides to get better. The thought of the DLC is constantly in my mind and the push for it to become an E-Sport haunts my dreams. This game has a hold on me. I love it and think it will go down as an all time favorite.
Preach brother. 130+ hours and I still want to play every day.

Salsa

played against 2 veterans who were really good. probably the best i've seen on these types of matches yet.

they ended up winning by 1 goal

had my maradona moment tho passin em both

GivingClearcutEarwig.gif

just right after they spammed WHAT A SAVE WHAT A SAVE after they managed an aerial goal. so it felt extra good.

Three

So this might have been covered already but can somebody explain how the skill points in ranked games work? Is it based on wins? Because I won a 2v2 and my skillpoints decreased instead of increased. The odd thing was when I hit the friends only filter on the leaderboards the scores were different.

Soulflarz

Banned
Y'all notice any difference in lag prevalence in the last day or so?

*shrugs* most were fine, then I had a match where it took 5m to move the clock 15s because it would have nothing register for 10s, then we'd rubberband back, the ball would move a foot, the clock would go down a sec, repeat.

I've been playing Standard Rank since yesterday and wow- I really need to get my skill level up so I can play with some better players.

And I've gotten some pretty bad lag on occasion since.

farisr

So just finally managed to get a group of friends together (all of us were busy at one time or another for various reasons over the last month), and put on rocket league later on in the night. We had some stuff planned for the next day which would require us to get up early, so they were going to go home after trying out "one game".

Ended up signing in with their psn profiles after the first game and stayed an extra 90 minutes, LOL, and we were just playing against rookie bots. I was purposely sabotaging it so that kick-off goals weren't happening and they'd have to work a little to get the goals and get better at the game.

I was so relieved when they ended up liking it as I knew how much fun it could be. Now it'll be our go to game on our weekly get togethers.

AcridMeat

Banned
Shit tier gif quality but this goal in the last hour I think warranted it.
1-4SuD.gif

I really need to get on making a video, I have way too many replays saved now.

Footos22

I love this game so much, how it goes from you playing like Messi and scoring 6 one game to being bottom tier shit the next game and playing like Stern John

DBT85

I palyed a few 1v1 in the last couple of days and was getting hammered every time. Opponents who retreat back tothe goal pretty much as soon as they lose the ball. bleh.

So I jumped back to 3v3 where my ranking was only 120 as I'd not played since the first day.

I felt like a god.

Nokterian

Got the game on steam someone add me! Same nickname as here i never liked soccer but this..this is something else and also scored a few times already it gave me a great feeling :D

Played some 2v2 Ranked and there is some lag happening. Not enough that it's rubber-banding, but very noticable in ball-to-car hit registry.

But I got 506, so now I'm out of the bronze! Yay! :D

weekev

Banned
Shit tier gif quality but this goal in the last hour I think warranted it.
1-4SuD.gif

I really need to get on making a video, I have way too many replays saved now.
What a goal!

Edit Im SemiPro rank now, played for a week. Any non pros fancy a game? Also any tips on how to git gud on aerial play? At the moment i cant even master the tutorials.

Decide to hop on for some ranked 3v3 - both my teammates bail in the first 30 seconds. Again. I'm so fucking sick of ranked 3v1 play. It's killed my rating. I think I'm done with ranked.

Hey PC Rocket League GAF folks - can you do two monitors on PC rather than split screen? I must know!

I have 3, so would be great for me and my friend to have one 27" monitor each rather than having to split just the one down the middle.

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nillansan

Okay Rocket League GAF, I've got a question that I am struggling to find a precise answer to.

I am having some friends over next weekend, we'll be eight in total. I am thinking that this will be a perfect opportunity to give Rocket League a spin. I've got two TVs and two PCs with a Steam account each.

Is it possible to play 4 player split screen against another set of players that are playing the game in 4 player split screen?

Shadybiz

Won a 3v2 ranked game last night...we were the 2. First time I've had to try that. Felt Goodman.

This game is stealing sleep away; I was up until 1:30 last night. I'm an adult with responsibilities.

Okay Rocket League GAF, I've got a question that I am struggling to find a precise answer to.

I am having some friends over next weekend, we'll be eight in total. I am thinking that this will be a perfect opportunity to give Rocket League a spin. I've got two TVs and two PCs with a Steam account each.

Is it possible to play 4 player split screen against another set of players that are playing the game in 4 player split screen?

Yes ;) Have fun man.

Iced

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but does anyone else wish the starting positions would be random? I hate knowing that for two plays in a row, I'm going to be stuck on defense. I don't just stay in the net all the time, but I generally play around midfield where it's still kinda boring. Plus, feeling responsible for any goals going in twice in a row can be stressful.

Very handy tip that I've never seen mentioned or posted elsewhere:

At each kickoff after a goal all of the turbo pads reset. Some won't be lit up yet due to the timer, but if you drive over them anyway after a reset, you will refill.

Big oversight and I hope the devs have noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom