• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvinator

Neo Member
Very handy tip that I've never seen mentioned or posted elsewhere:

At each kickoff after a goal all of the turbo pads reset. Some won't be lit up yet due to the timer, but if you drive over them anyway after a reset, you will refill.

Big oversight and I hope the devs have noticed.

Good tip!
Thanks man!
I noticed this a quite a few times but would just hit another pad instead...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just played a 3v3 game where when we went 2-0 down one of our teammates just sat there until the game timed him out of the match. Then my other teammate quit. Went 3-0 down and then a cool person on the other team decided to start playing for me and make it 2v2. Brought it back to 3-2 with a few seconds left. That guy was cool.

But seriously tgey need to do something about people just remaining idle as a way of quitting without getting punished. Raise the time required for being idle to time you out and give idle people tbe time penalty.

Afrikan

6pDSDU4.gif

Walker- *%$##@
Walker- OMG
Walker- Noooooo
Walker- Sorry
Walker- Sorry
Walker- Sorry
Rooney- Nice Shot!

AcridMeat

Banned
Also any tips on how to git gud on aerial play? At the moment i cant even master the tutorials.
Practice. I don't mean the tutorials though those help, but practice in games. If you're semi-pro right now don't be afraid to go for them because people probably won't be contesting you.
6pDSDU4.gif

Walker- *%$##@
Walker- OMG
Walker- Noooooo
Walker- Sorry
Walker- Sorry
Walker- Sorry
Rooney- Nice Shot!
Hahhahahahaha awesome.

Shadybiz

Plus, feeling responsible for any goals going in twice in a row can be stressful.

Yes, this is a crappy feeling. Git gud. No I'm kidding..I'm the cause of our team being down by 2 goals quite often. My team has gotten pretty good at a "Flow" style of play, though. I call it the Chip Kelly Rocket League style. The back person defends at kickoff, as usual, but then, it's fairly offensive. If the ball starts to come back, the person that happens to be furthest from the opposing goal at the time will recognize it and hustle back to the goal. We've been somewhat successful doing this the past couple of nights. "Somewhat" meaning we've won more than when we play with a steady defenseman style. Of course, if the rear person doesn't realize that they're the rear person, we will likely get scored on. Communication over mic is definitely a must with our way of playing.

Finally able to play this again today. Yep, game is still just as fun as it was when i first played. No boredom in sight.

Anyway, so far today, I've had four 3v3 ranked games where I was the only player left on my team. I always end up losing when this happens, but at least I lose with dignity!

I don't get why people quit after being down only one or two points early in the game. It makes no sense.

vixlar

I just posted my review of this amazing game. here is the link to see it in all of its glory.

http://raincitygamers.com/game-review/rocket-league-review/

Here is just a quick snippet if you don't care to click:

Any feedback on my review is appreciated.

Thanks!

Excellent review, pal. It really summarizes all this game represents. My favorite part: "is you who really improves, not your character".
The only thing you should improve is responsiveness on the site. A little difficult to read on phone.

Just played a 3v3 game where when we went 2-0 down one of our teammates just sat there until the game timed him out of the match. Then my other teammate quit. Went 3-0 down and then a cool person on the other team decided to start playing for me and make it 2v2. Brought it back to 3-2 with a few seconds left. That guy was cool.

But seriously tgey need to do something about people just remaining idle as a way of quitting without getting punished. Raise the time required for being idle to time you out and give idle people tbe time penalty.

Pretty sure that guy got banned if you were playing ranked. Maybe he was AFK or something

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Pretty sure that guy got banned if you were playing ranked. Maybe he was AFK or something
If you get kicked for being idle you don't get banned. I found this out the other day when playing and I had to step out of the room for a second. When I came back I saw I got kicked for being idle(and not for very long at all I might add). I wasn't banned from matchmaking.

Concept17

Any word on when they'll be adding more car customization stuff?

Also, my friend and I just started doing ranked 2v2... after a couple hours we're sitting around 600 rating in Silver. What does it take to get to Gold?

hydruxo

Any word on when they'll be adding more car customization stuff?

Also, my friend and I just started doing ranked 2v2... after a couple hours we're sitting around 600 rating in Silver. What does it take to get to Gold?

There's a few free items coming with the next patch, and the DLC is adding a bunch of new customization. Both should be out within the next few weeks.

Excellent review, pal. It really summarizes all this game represents. My favorite part: "is you who really improves, not your character".
The only thing you should improve is responsiveness on the site. A little difficult to read on phone.

Thanks for taking time to read the review and for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

I will investigate the slowness of the site too, thanks for the heads up.

Electret

What's with the faulty chat box? I'm on PS4, and I can enter text in chat fine, but it shows up only about 15% of the time. Anyone else experiencing the same? It's probably been discussed and I just missed it.

Dmonzy

What's with the faulty chat box? I'm on PS4, and I can enter text in chat fine, but it shows up only about 15% of the time. Anyone else experiencing the same? It's probably been discussed and I just missed it.

I've never had a problem with chat, both the quick commands and the keyboard messages. You mean the messages aren't showing up in the top corner after you finish typing?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Has this been posted?

Since it’s launch and Rocket League has been considered as one of the best games released this year on the PS4. Although it didn’t have much publicity or hype before it’s release but it still succeeded. If you play Rocket League a lot then you may have noticed that the maps can get a bit repetitive and all have the same rectangular shape.

Developer Psyonix won’ t allow you to get bored of their game’s maps so Psyonix boss Dave Hagewood stated that they had plans to add diverse fields with different shapes to the game later on after its release as free DLC.

“We wanted to start with the standard fields this time because we wanted to make sure everyone understood what the base game was, how we see the standard Rocket League experience being. We also wanted to promote competitive play in the game, and people who want extremely balanced competitive play and ranked modes and things like that, without adding a lot of extra noise.” Hagewood told PC Gamer.

“We know the majority of players aren’t super competitive, they just want to have a good time–and we have a great time with the crazy different maps and so on,” He continued. “So we already have some of those in production to roll out later on.”

Expect the free Utopia-themed maps and Rocket League’s first DLC, Supersonic Fury, to release in August. The game is available now on PS4 and PC with plans to come to other platforms soon.

Iced

Is anisotropic filtering bugged in the PC version? In TASystemSettings.ini, under "MaxAnisotropy", I have a default value of 4. When I tried changing it to 16, I didn't notice any difference. There always seems to be a weird line while driving, where it goes from crisp to blurry. Has anyone else noticed this? Gonna try forcing 16x via Nvidia Control Panel now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom