• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I need to start playing this with gaf and also get gud. Terrible at aerials, and I miss easy shots in front of the net. Much work to be done, but god damn if this isn't one of the best games I've played in a long time, and I usually don't like sports games.

AcridMeat

Banned
Am I crazy, or has the game slowed down a bit recently? It feels like the cars are a bit slower.
That's you transcending into the upper echelon of Rocket League. Like when Fry hit 300 cups of coffee.
4FodF.gif

btw im friends with the guys at Ironhide Games (Kingdom Rush) and they wanna play me against my "team"

gonna recruit 2 gaffers soon to do 3v3 and kill em silly

I'm down but can't if it's in the next few days.

Also what's the point when a new OT is created? Not familiar with GAF etiquette.

I'm down but can't if it's in the next few days.

Also what's the point when a new OT is created? Not familiar with GAF etiquette.
Threads have a limit of 20000 or so posts before they get locked and you start the new one.

btw im friends with the guys at Ironhide Games (Kingdom Rush) and they wanna play me against my "team"

gonna recruit 2 gaffers soon to do 3v3 and kill em silly
I'd be down but I our schedules may be conflicting. I work weekends and am on PST time zone.

Am I crazy, or has the game slowed down a bit recently? It feels like the cars are a bit slower.

I don't think the game speed is slower, but I'm guessing it's probably because you're playing with more experienced people. Things aren't as frantic (relatively speaking), there's more strategy and staying back from the ball, etc.

That's what I've noticed, at least, compared to the old days of Rookie insanity.

yatesl

I'd be interested to know how many people have downloaded the game on PS4, to get an idea of DLC sales figures. Looking at trophies:

Base game - Score a goal - 89.7%
Free DLC - Play in new stadium - 17.5%
Paid DLC - Play with both cars - 1.4%

As of Jan 2015, PS+ had almost 11 million subs. If even half a million of that downloaded the game for free, then the DLC would have sold around 7000 units, making ~£23,000 (before fees)

Not bad for 2 cars - and that's not including Steam copies

These numbers may exist but I'm typing this from my phone at work, so not been able to check

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yay I crossed 1000 in doubles! Played my last string of matches with randoms as well. Now all I need to do is do it for 1v1, which is sitting at 949 right now.

By the way what's up with the lack of PS4 players? The majority of the time I'm matched with PC players, which I find odd since I would have expected PS Plus to make the PS4 userbase bigger.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Several of us have pointed this out, as of the last patch.

The game is also buggier. Audio bug, Camera bug, complete freezes, Join lag is really bad (20 seconds of players and the ball loading in after you join a match in progress). AI replaced with live player hiccups. Strange ball physics. "Last touch" trail no longer working on ball.

And my ping now always hovers around 50 or 60 in US servers. I had under 20 before.

Seems like 90% of that 5 million was from PS+. Do they get paid per download or were they given a sum at the start? I just would love to know the breakdown of deals like this.

Regarding DLC trophy percent... do those update only when a user goes to sync their trophies? Because if so, it may be a lot higher and therefore totally not accurate.

But still, just 2% of those that unlocked the DLC trophy is 100,000.

So 100K x $4.00= $400,000 for some small time DLC. How much does Sony take, 20%? 40%?

If they keep releasing more content, they'll surely make millions from it, and who knows how much they made off of PS+. I'd buy regular content at $4.00, but would also love to drop $10.00 for bigger content packs and extra customization (ball skins, different online party colours, private mode content like mutators)

They must be happy lol.

On top of that, 500K on PC x $20 = $10 million O_O

I wonder how much server costs are too. They have banner ads on PC, and I will assume we will see the same for PS4. Remember how Wipeout had ads?

v1lla21

Brehs I'm at Carmel and while car week may be over, there's so many sick cars here. Just saw a P1, 918, and a SLS AMG. It'd be cool if we could some how get a few Mercedes or something :p I doubt it'll happen though. Imagine demolishing someone with a G-class.

hydruxo

Seems like 90% of that 5 million was from PS+. Do they get paid per download or were they given a sum at the start? I just would love to know the breakdown of deals like this.

Regarding DLC trophy percent... do those update only when a user goes to sync their trophies? Because if so, it may be a lot higher and therefore totally not accurate.

But still, just 2% of those that unlocked the DLC trophy is 100,000.

So 100K x $4.00= $400,000 for some small time DLC. How much does Sony take, 20%? 40%?

If they keep releasing more content, they'll surely make millions from it, and who knows how much they made off of PS+. I'd buy regular content at $4.00, but would also love to drop $10.00 for bigger content packs and extra customization (ball skins, different online party colours, private mode content like mutators)

They must be happy lol.

On top of that, 500K on PC x $20 = $10 million O_O

I wonder how much server costs are too. They have banner ads on PC, and I will assume we will see the same for PS4. Remember how Wipeout had ads?

I can't say for sure since they typically keep PS+ contracts under wraps, but my assumption is that they get a flat payout up front and then bonuses depending on how popular the game ends up being with downloads and everything.

farisr

PSY・S;175744992 said:
Came to ask this. Just tried to play some games today and it felt ridiculously sluggish.

Oh so it wasn't me imagining things or my controller. Had friends over a couple of night ago, everything was going fine. But in the last 30 minutes or so, the car response really felt sluggish to me, like there was lag or something. (we were playing offline)

Moobabe

Went 3 - 0 down to a team in the first minute or so who opened with:

"Forfeit please"

"Yeah just quit I need to sleep"

Got it to 3-3 into overtime, didn't say a word, holding all my aces until we won.

I miss a sitter.

They score.

It hurt big time.

MLG
Hello Rocket League Community!
I'm Chris Puckett, the lead broadcaster for First Person Shooters at MLG and producer behind our original programming. Although I come from a shooter background, I instantly became addicted to Rocket League after just one game. I think it has the potential to become an eSports staple and have been streaming my matches on my personal channel as often as possible. I've taken my obsession with me into the workplace and plan to start pumping out highly produced Rocket League Content on a regular basis.

My question for you is WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE?.
I'm currently open to all ideas, but my first goal is to set up weekly $500 tournaments that are free to enter. Additionally, I'd like to host a showmatch series featuring some of the top RL Pros in addition to personalities from around the eSports and streaming scene.
Looking to go big with the first official show match. What is the best 2v2 or 3v3 we can put together?

Ahaha, his did I miss this?

VoD

bounchfx

holy shit. just tried ranked. lost the first two, but on the third game i got 2 goals within 30 seconds, 3 by a minute, and finished the game with 6 shots, 6 goals. I feel like I need to quit playing now.

Maaan, some of the goals and saves posted in here are ridiculously amazing!

I almost had my first aerial goal yesterday. Timed the flight perfectly, hit the ball towards the goal, then my teammate outta nowhere hits the ball in when it's right in front of the goal. At least I got the assist, I guess.

Anyway, I no longer have access to a PS4, so I'll have to live vicariously through you guys, and live streams, and YouTube.

Edit: Figured I'd post my Dominus shots. It's my favorite car now. I was using Sweet Tooth almost exclusively before this, but I don't think I could go back to any other car now.

Blue:

Orange:

Nose Master

There hasn't been any confirmation analysis on the slower movement, right? It's just people being silly and justifying being off their game?

I hope this game becomes a thing in the "pro" tournament scene. Would be outstanding to watch.

DrkSage

There hasn't been any confirmation analysis on the slower movement, right? It's just people being silly and justifying being off their game?

I hope this game becomes a thing in the "pro" tournament scene. Would be outstanding to watch.

The handling did feel different to me as soon as I tried the game post-patch, but its a good kind of different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom