• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machina

Banned
This game would be better balanced if Aerials weren't a thing. They're mostly just low percentage plays that always put the team under pressure when they fail.

Hasney

This game would be better balanced if Aerials weren't a thing. They're mostly just low percentage plays that always put the team under pressure when they fail.
That's the entire point. Think about a play in other sports, it's risk v reward. If ariels weren't a thing, the game would be boring in a month.

Machina

Banned
That's the entire point. Think about a play in other sports, it's risk v reward. If ariels weren't a thing, the game would be boring in a month.

That would be alright if it weren't for the fact many of the people attempting them can't pull them off worth shit.

Vitor711

You can set Voice and Text Chat to "Team Only" or "Disabled" under Audio Options. We're looking at adding a separate setting for Quick Chat in a future update so people who only want Quick Chat and none of the other junk can do that too. Might default Text/Voice to Team.

Yeah, but then there's always the fear that you'll miss out on the pleasant exchanges with the nice players out there. It's the same reason I don't mute everyone in DOTA. I really, REALLY should, but I also have some lingering faith in people.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
That's what the training mode is for
Doesn't help at all. Only way to get better at aerials is to do them in game. Sometimes you'll ruin a shot for your team but if that really makes you upset I think you should find a new game.

I was surprising myself with some of those saves and deflects to be honest. But yes we need to have some more games!
Well its my friday so Ill be playing a lot the next few days. Its pretty awesome how many gaffers there are playing almost every night to get matches going.

I dont care what anyone says. I love Tunavi's commentaries. That guy has a future in Esports Rocket League announcing.

Well its my friday so Ill be playing a lot the next few days. Its pretty awesome how many gaffers there are playing almost every night to get matches going.

I dont care what anyone says. I love Tunavi's commentaries. That guy has a future in Esports Rocket League announcing.

Tuna V's commentary is amazing. The game is -100 intensity without it.

"CRBLAHBLAH WITH THE AERIAL ATTEMPT...!"

"OH WHAT A MISS, aaaand we're going the other way."

lmao. Dude was on point last night.

You can set Voice and Text Chat to "Team Only" or "Disabled" under Audio Options. We're looking at adding a separate setting for Quick Chat in a future update so people who only want Quick Chat and none of the other junk can do that too. Might default Text/Voice to Team.

Yes and yes! That would be awesome. And please do consider updating the quick chat commands. Can you tell how often certain ones are used? I never use "Take the shot!" and rarely see it from others. I'd rather have a "Let's do this!" to encourage my team. Also, please consider adding "Well played!" for all of those non-goal/save/pass moments (like great clears and aerial/wall hits) and end of game congratulations. If you add it, I would suggest putting it where the $#@% is and moving that one to the bottom menu and replacing Whoops (since Sorry can be used instead).

LakeEarth

I think I'm half decent with game strategy, center the ball, block your opponent physically, be ready for the rebound, etc. But goddamn it if I can't shoot for shit. So many empty nets, so many goalposts hit.

I play with a group of friends on PS4, and we usually do 4v4. We're pretty good. Usually rattle off several game win streaks (although the 10 still eludes us.) Good enough, in fact, to finally get an opponent to comment after a quick 5-0 lead:

"Are you guys playing in a party? The chemistry is NASTY!"

Many lolz were had. :D

I had a guy send me a direct message on PS4 after a game saying I sucked. I then submitted a grief report and the next day I received a message from Sony saying that they'd taken action - lol. Felt good.

Had two kids yesterday with pre-written messages just type out filth about me being their dad/mum and abusing them every time I scored or saved a shot. It was a 2v2 that we NEARLY lost. Made it 5-4 with 10 seconds left. Felt so good. Submitted 2 grief reports directly after....

Sony wouldnt notify you that they took action

They do send a notification that they've received the report though

Honestly, I think full chat is more harmful than not. Everything we want to say can be expressed with quickchat, save for a few phrases psyonix needs to add in.

While I do use chat for some convos, I'd rather that they restrict chat to just quickchat until
post-game. and we can always directly message on PSN if need be...again, usually used by people to send hate messages.

Or better yet, I just wish people who use the N word or F*ggot are just flat out banned from chat, but that seems hard to moderate

You know what would be cool?

If the coloured nametags represented your boost gauge

That way we can know how much boost everyone has, which can help make some calls

Soulflarz

Banned

If the coloured nametags represented your boost gauge

That way we can know how much boost everyone has, which can help make some calls

Wheres the fun in knowing how much boost your opponent has though? "Oh hes in front of me" vs "hes in front of me and has no boost" are two diff scenarios, since you basically -if you're good enough- can force a lot easier goals if they have no boost or wait for them to get some. I don't really want that to be a thing.

Salsa

TF2 geatin LEAGUE'd (new game mode beta, has actually nothin to do with rocket league but)

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=17833

passtimehdr.png

RED and BLU face off in an epic battle to score more goals than their opponents. Coordinated passing, aerial shots, interceptions, team-based formations and plays, defensive lines and the like make for strategically chaotic play.

some good timing

v1lla21

If TimeEffect bought a mic

That way he can talk and communicate with everyone, which can help make some calls

I wish you could press L1 to see what the teams are before the game actually starts (when it's matchmaking to find another person or whatever).

Is it just me or is the sound clip from getting aerial hit the most satisfying sound ever?

It might even eclipse the Killzone chirp when you get a kill in the MP.

If TimeEffect bought a mic

That way he can talk and communicate with everyone, which can help make some calls

Lol next time I promise

This is as bad as whoever called for a radar.

Don't mess with the formula, brehs

:( ok

You would hate my other idea of having Journey-like radar to indicate teammates so I dont keep accidentally running into them all the time

valeo

It's funny. I've been out of the online game thing for a while ..and recently I started getting back into it with Splatoon and now Rocket League. As a lot of you know, one of the big complaints with Splatoon prior to launch was the lack of voice chat. I really didn't have a dog in the fight initially. But after playing Rocket League, I'm thinking Nintendo had the right idea.

I do like the pre-set messages in Rocket League, and I do enjoy the sarcastic twist people add to them (missing a save = "What a save!"). But last night, people were going back and forth with "suk my dikk" after scoring a goal, and complaining people on the other team are hacking, etc etc. Not that it happens all the time, but it was a a pretty ugly situation and really sours the experience.

I'm not sure how it sours the experience when it is so easy to turn it off. Having the option there is important.

farisr

Wow. Thats really strange. Does it come and go? Like in the same game?

Yeah. For the first 30 seconds there could be input lag and then it's working perfectly fine for the rest of the match. Or sometimes for the first 30 seconds it's perfectly fine and then there's input lag the rest of the match, or it could pop up in the middle of the match. It's actually pretty rare for it to be occurring for the whole match.

Haven't been able to replicate it on purpose yet. Seems really random. Even tried different controllers in the off chance it was a faulty controller thing, but all controllers acted the same.

Anyone else get the bug on the new map where the ball falls through the floor? I think it happens every time I start a new game on that map.

:( ok

You would hate my other idea of having Journey-like radar to indicate teammates so I dont keep accidentally running into them all the time

I'm the KING of running into teammates and I still don't want that.

The game is perfect as is. Needs no additions.

Except maybe little Mad Max dudes hanging out the windows yelling wasteland profanities as I miss an aerial.

justinsaneds

Neo Member
So I own Rocket League on PS4 and PC. Since pretty much day one on PC, I've had intermittent but unable-to-play-worthy lag. It'll come and go, but when it's going, I might as well not be playing at all; the ball warps around, I warp around, the whole screen quakes, it's terrible, and I'm sure lots of you have experienced it in some way.

On PS4 however, I've had almost NO issues with lag whatsoever. Maybe one game per twenty, and for 20 seconds tops. Same network, wireless even.

Anyone else that owns both versions, or even just the PC version, have similar experiences with awful lag on PC despite a good internet connection overall? It drives me crazy that I have to cut a good ranked session short because the game has decided that I can't really play anymore.

I wouldn't have played 100 games let alone the 1000 I have played with them in. Getting better at the air game keeps the game fresh.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They need an option to 'reserve' a replay mid-game. So many times a cool play happened and meant to save it, only to forget at the end of the match.

They also need to cut down on the grass. Most levels run with consistent frame drops, but that one indoor course that's mostly concrete runs at a solid 60fps.

Yep, or optimize how it's rendered somehow. When we play private matches we only play on that map for that reason.

Sevenfold

I'm playing against PS4 players 90% of the time. I expect 70/30 but I played loads yesterday and saw maybe 20 non PSY. I play chaos so perhaps that's a factor.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm playing against PS4 players 90% of the time. I expect 70/30 but I played loads yesterday and saw maybe 20 non PSY. I play chaos so perhaps that's a factor.

Well the ps4 version did have psplus and pretty much a 10-1 ratio so the odds are stacked that way.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The luck off the tip is frustrating.

edit- also can say with 99% certainty the mechanics have been tweaked. The cars float WAYYY more now, and turns feel sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom