• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayant

One thing am still confused about is PSY.net. So on PC if players have PSY.net as their avatar are they PS4 players? Just because other players often have their avatar image rendered so I would guess they would be PC because of being on the same platform.

Also need to join of these gaf games but my aerial skillz are.... not so great :(

One thing am still confused about is PSY.net. So on PC if players have PSY.net as their avatar are they PS4 players? Just because other players often have their avatar image rendered so I would guess they would be PC because of being on the same platform.

Also need to join of these gaf games but my aerial skillz are.... not so great :(

Yes and PC players are PSY.net for PSN users.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This game would be better balanced if Aerials weren't a thing. They're mostly just low percentage plays that always put the team under pressure when they fail.

That wouldn't make it more balanced, it would just lower the skill ceiling. I'm starting to feel pretty good about my ground play and regular jumps/flips, but I still suck at flying. That's my next level, and I'm excited to get there.

Goals Goals Goals 3!

Had a few too many replays saved so I bunched up some goals together. Finally scored an aerial goal and a bicycle goal, although the bicycle one didn't register for some reason. I also scored another one of those feline-esque goals, those are really fun. Some highlights:
vWXa6J.gif
m6X1zV.gif

Made up a little montage, nothing great (well some of it is by my standards). That first goal was my first ever aerial goal.....I was pretty chuffed when I scored that one!!

http://youtu.be/XAoSqQZ8CNE

Whoa, some really cool goals there!

spats

I find it kind of interesting that I haven't run into almost any cursing or verbal abuse, and I'm on lvl20 now. If somebody gets angry because they're losing, they just ragequit.

Is there some sort of filter in the chat or have I just been really lucky?

I find it kind of interesting that I haven't run into almost any cursing or verbal abuse, and I'm on lvl20 now. If somebody gets angry because they're losing, they just ragequit.

Is there some sort of filter in the chat or have I just been really lucky?

Some days there's a lot. Some days there aren't, for me.

You might have chat on Team only so you can't see their chat.

Slair

Is there some sort of weird mental condition that affects a large portion of the randoms playing rocket league where they must try to hit the ball regardless of conditions? Sometimes when I'm defending I like to watch the rest of the team throw themselves at the ball continuously. Funny thing is they set themselves up for goals that they can't score because everyone is in the middle of the summersaulting chaos.

Is there some sort of weird mental condition that affects a large portion of the randoms playing rocket league where they must try to hit the ball regardless of conditions? Sometimes when I'm defending I like to watch the rest of the team throw themselves at the ball continuously. Funny thing is they set themselves up for goals that they can't score because everyone is in the middle of the summersaulting chaos.

When I miss lame that it's mostly panic flips. Ball is right there and I'm just trying to get it in. Learning to control that, but it's hard to fight the urge.

Also, here's short highlight clip I made.
https://youtu.be/NYKH3VIfeN4

Grinchy

Banned
I love when I'm taking the ball down the field, and instead of setting himself up for a pass or rebound, my random partner follows along 3 feet behind me trying to hit the ball at the same time I am.

LaneDS

So I own Rocket League on PS4 and PC. Since pretty much day one on PC, I've had intermittent but unable-to-play-worthy lag. It'll come and go, but when it's going, I might as well not be playing at all; the ball warps around, I warp around, the whole screen quakes, it's terrible, and I'm sure lots of you have experienced it in some way.

On PS4 however, I've had almost NO issues with lag whatsoever. Maybe one game per twenty, and for 20 seconds tops. Same network, wireless even.

Anyone else that owns both versions, or even just the PC version, have similar experiences with awful lag on PC despite a good internet connection overall? It drives me crazy that I have to cut a good ranked session short because the game has decided that I can't really play anymore.

I have a nearly identical problem to the above and am quoting to give this more visibility.

Playing on PS4 is nearly always great whereas I get the frustrating spikes on PC. Anyone else that plays on both platforms that has also noticed this? It's a shame because PC definitely has the visual edge but there's nothing more frustrating than missing a play when it's not actually your fault.

Most likely not doing season mode as I hate season mode in all sports games especially offline season modes. I will never finish them not even in this game.

I unlocked Sweet Tooth. You can't really customize him as much as you can the other cars so it's kinda lame. But atleast I have him.

Favorite mode is probably 1v1. Although playing with friends however big the party is fun too that cross platform party patch needs to happen soon tho. Who knows how long I'll stay interested lol.

Happy to say the online network play experience has improved for me. Way less lag. Tbh when I first started playing this game the lag experiences were seriously going to be the reasons I was going to quit. It was rediculous.

EDIT:
I'm probably only doing season mode for this game because of the trophy lol.

Also I'd like point out "GG" or "gg" means good game especially when said at the end of the match between two players.

I said this at the end of the match and a player responded with "???" As if he didn't know what it meant not exactly sure if he didn't know but yeah. It meant "Good Game." So if you see anyone else type that, that it what it means.

GG can also mean Girls Generation (a popular singing Asian girl group) lol. But yeah use the context clues and analyze the situation you'll probably know if they mean the girl group or if they mean "good game." And since you're actually playing a game it's probably going to mean good game.

The more you know :D

Tunavi

Banned
Created a survey so we can get started on a new tournament
take it here.
HEY! I'M DONE HERE!
Also I'd like point out "GG" or "gg" means good game especially when said at the end of the match between two players.

I said this at the end of the match and a player responded with "???" As if he didn't know what it meant not exactly sure if he didn't know but yeah. It meant "Good Game." So if you see anyone else type that, that it what it means.

GG can also mean Girls Generation (a popular singing Asian girl group) lol. But yeah use the context clues and analyze the situation you'll probably know if they mean the girl group or if they mean "good game." And since you're actually playing a game it's probably going to mean good game.

giphy.gif

AwShucks

Finally got my platinum.

My urge to play every day suddenly went down. :(

I have all the trophies but really the game is just super addicting. I WANT to be better and I WANT to do aerials with ease. The most frustrating thing for me is sucking and my teammates sucking. If I could get a decent team I'd be happy. I prefer 2v2 and 3v3 ranked but man, doing unranked feels GLORIOUS because I end up steamrolling everyone.

Grakl

Lmao what

Playing ranked 3v3 sucks now. Played about 10 rounds and every one of them it was me and two strangers against a party of three. Who do you think won? Spoiler alert: I rage quit the 10th round. XP

I got no good shots at all. Nothing good. Last night, I was rocking. Come in today and walked out with my ass redder than the face of a homeless bum in Arizona.

Tunavi

Banned
Playing ranked 3v3 sucks now. Played about 10 rounds and every one of them it was me and two strangers against a party of three. Who do you think won? Spoiler alert: I rage quit the 10th round. XP

I got no good shots at all. Nothing good. Last night, I was rocking. Come in today and walked out with my ass redder than the face of a homeless bum in Arizona.
Don't play ranked without a full party

What do PC players see when a PS4 player is using Sweet Tooth? Does it just look like a Merc to us?

In unreal tournament 2004 for pc which used a previous version of the unreal engine, if the user had a custom skin that wasn't shipped with the game, every other user would see the default user model which was gorge, a jugg.

This game might be the same way unless they actually included the sweet tooth model in the steam version of the game meaning it would default to whatever model car they want it to. Which is probably the first listed car.

But who knows can't really test it as I don't own both versions.
Lmao what

Lol xD its da truth tho

Dispatch

I just played a game against a couple of children who felt the chat filter was their playground. Being called homosexual slurs, and told to perform sexual acts was not thrilling.

Beating the delinquents and then reporting them was, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom