• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

C046F463601067983200040673280_2.0.1.11884610508466079597.mp4.jpg
M-Night-Shyamalan.jpg

Murray97

Anyone wanna play some Rocket League on PS4? I don't have any Rocket League friends since I usually play on PC :(

I'll play anything, don't really mind. I'm Platinum/Gold 3 on PC but only Silver on PS4.

PSN - SwiftlyLosing

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Being Called "Garbage" by a two-person party on the same team while being the only one on the team to score: Priceless.

Oh Rocket League Ranked Community: I haven't missed you. *goes back to Unranked*

kris.

Banned
Got my first ranked win just now! 7-2, I made 6 of the goals all while lagging like goddamn hell for some reason. FEELING PRETTY GOOD.

The_Poet

Banned
I feel the game needs a native way to add recent teammates / opponents to a party.

Mainly for those magical times when you match with someone who has a complimentary play style for you and you beast 2-3 games in a row

v1lla21

My MLGness got them tripping. They missed some extremely easy shots. I partied up with one of them after and we did really well together. We went on winning streak for a while.

Yeah, they lacked discipline. It's 2 v 1. That's when you want a semi-permanent goalie but I guess they (thought) they saw blood and could run up the score. Good on you. Winning shorthanded feels good and is an achievement even if the opposition isn't the greatest as you still have to play near perfect to win.

bjaelke

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 15m15 minutes ago

What's next for Rocket League? Watch for our next announcement, this Wednesday on the @PlayStation Blog! (and yes, it applies to PC too)

Guns and power-ups!

v1lla21

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 15m15 minutes ago

What's next for Rocket League? Watch for our next announcement, this Wednesday on the @PlayStation Blog! (and yes, it applies to PC too)

Guns and power-ups!
Wednesday is the 18th.
Wednesday is the third day of the week. 18/3=6.
Highest ranked mode is 3v3. 3+3=6
Rocket League launched on 7/7/15. 7x7=49. 49/15= 3.2. 3x2=6
Rocket league = 666
Psyonix is Antichrist confirmed.

Quick question if I delete my save data will my rank go down to 0? Reason I ask is because I've certainly played/won well over the required amount to unlock all the cars (Sweet tooth!) but still haven't so am considering deleting the save data a going from there.

Quick question if I delete my save data will my rank go down to 0? Reason I ask is because I've certainly played/won well over the required amount to unlock all the cars (Sweet tooth!) but still haven't so am considering deleting the save data a going from there.

Yes but one caution is I'm not sure on is if it means you will lose special unlocks like Halloween items (?) When you delete save file all stats (minus online ranks) disappear and you have to unlock all items again and I'm not sure if the Halloween items are linked to online account or to the save file. Not sure if you care or not but suggest making a copy of save file before deleting so you can go back to previous one if anything goes wrong. Good luck!

Dr Prob

Banned
Yes but one caution is I'm not sure on is if it means you will lose special unlocks like Halloween items (?) When you delete save file all stats (minus online ranks) disappear and you have to unlock all items again and I'm not sure if the Halloween items are linked to online account or to the save file. Not sure if you care or not but suggest making a copy of save file before deleting so you can go back to previous one if anything goes wrong. Good luck!

Dunno, my memory is a little hazy on this but I seem to recall deleting a bunch of stuff on an alt and am pretty sure when it came to RL both rank and unlocks were lost, yet the stats (w/l, goals etc.) stayed. Just remember thinking that was a little weird, but like I said, hazy.

mstevens

Would someone on PS4 mind adding me and playing a quick game online? None of my friends play this and it's one of the last trophies I need. Thanks!

My psn name is mcstevens88

Dr Prob

Banned
If you still need to get that trophy, I can help you out later, dude.

Was thinking about that deleted save thing while eating toast and I think my shitty recollection actually makes sense:

- Your items would be connected to the local save because you can unlock them offline

- Your rank would be connected to the local save if you rank up playing against the bots. Don't remember if you do or not!

- But your stats wouldn't be connected to that save because offline games don't count towards them and leaderboards and stuff.

Mmm, toast.

Holy shite, this is on the third page in the community board? I'm still obsessed with this game.

I'm lookin for someone to play some ranked doubles with or maybe ranked standard. I'm 665 in dubs and like 580 in standard. I'm pretty decent. The one time I hit gold in doubles only lasted for one game though, haha.

Soulflarz

Banned
*plays 5 hours of RL*

*doesn't move any rank*

PLS
393 DOUBLES MOVE

Wheres team rocket when i need them

edit: or anyone who can consistently aerial and such so I can get dragged up tomorrow >_>

edit edit: backwards aerials are harrrd. Anyways, invitation for someone 400+ish to play with me in RL tomorrow, been playing with BernardoOne but hes like 140 ahead of me so yeah I need to catch up LO

Matush

DLC packs are on sale on EU Store

Rocket League – Revenge of the Battle-Cars
40% off original price
Was €3.99/£3.29/AU$5.95

Rocket League – Supersonic Fury
40% off original price
Was €3.99/£3.29/AU$5.95

Soulflarz

Banned
How much does changing your car actually help?

Wondering since I still use the Paladin because I like it, but I'm well aware its considered the second worst car by miles. Figured it might be time to change to say, the breakout, since it has similar hitboxes and is considered great.

Is this like tier lists where you're still set if youre good, or I've actively been handicapping myself a decent bit? Thanks!

edit: DLC DLC DLC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhhZUN28S2g

v1lla21

Nice trailer! New addition of music is actually pretty damn awesome. Is the music only going to be available with the dlc or is that coming for free?

AcridMeat

Banned
It's all placebo. What helps is how well a car's body shape helps you interpret hits. For example, when I first started getting better at aerials I was using the Breakout, because it had the very neat "point" at it's nose to aim for.
This is amazing, thank you for the continued awesome support Psyonix. I can't wait to have a proper mad max style car. Probably my favorite DLC after BTTF.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's all placebo. What helps is how well a car's body shape helps you interpret hits. For example, when I first started getting better at aerials I was using the Breakout, because it had the very neat "point" at it's nose to aim for.

Except

I wasn't exactly asking for this. I can interpret hits fine, but there is no placebo there. By this, I mean it has been proven certain cars are better as all but fact.

Merg wasn't trying to be mean there ;-; Moreso yeah they do have differences :p

AcridMeat

Banned
They have very subtle differences. My point is that the biggest difference in your play that you'll see, and that I have experienced, is how a car's design and camera placement makes your brain interpret angles for hits. That's had the largest impact in my play, way more than any minuscule hit box.

Can't wait for the new arena! Mutators were fun for a little bit but looking forward to a change of pace that won't screw up my timing when returning to a normal game.

Consumer

There was a discussion between Psyonix and fans today (on Reddit), debating about irregular maps like Wasteland being included in ranked games. They said if they do add it to ranked, it won't be until several days after launch.

Link to discussion. One point I really liked was someone stating there's 3 main groups of ranked players and how each group is likely to feel:

1. Lower skilled players (bronzish) -- in favor of irregular ranked maps since they're not very competitive at this stage; regardless of which arena they use, they're still gonna suck and their primary goal is still above all to have fun.
2. Mid-skilled players (silver/gold) -- against irregular ranked maps since they're just starting to develop their skills and how to use the map layout effectively (e.g. passes, terrain, wall dimensions, boost locations). These players can use ball cam and maintain a good sense of where they are respective to their surroundings; irregular maps add a huge gameplay dynamic as you're now essentially starting over, learning the map's fundamental properties all over again. They argue it'd detract from the current competitive balance brought from traditionally-shaped maps.
3. Top players (platinum) -- in favor of irregular ranked maps since they've essentially mastered the basic maps to the point where the game gets somewhat repetitive/boring. These views have been expressed by Gibbs & Kronovi, and probably others.

As a silver player just starting to git gud, I'd hate if irregular maps were forced into ranked. There should be a "include irregular arenas" checkbox so that low & high skill players can get the variety they seek while us mid-tiers can continue to develop our skills in a consistent competitive environment. Forcing irregular maps into ranked would alter the game's skill curve & fundamental gameplay so radically, that Psyonix may as well add in mutators to ranked as well. Here's hoping they can find a way to make everyone happy.

tch

I watched the video but didn't really see any features that Wasteland irregular. What about it is different from the standard maps?

There was a discussion between Psyonix and fans today (on Reddit), debating about irregular maps like Wasteland being included in ranked games. They said if they do add it to ranked, it won't be until several days after launch.

Link to discussion. One point I really liked was someone stating there's 3 main groups of ranked players and how each group is likely to feel:

1. Lower skilled players (bronzish) -- in favor of irregular ranked maps since they're not very competitive at this stage; regardless of which arena they use, they're still gonna suck and their primary goal is still above all to have fun.
2. Mid-skilled players (silver/gold) -- against irregular ranked maps since they're just starting to develop their skills and how to use the map layout effectively (e.g. passes, terrain, wall dimensions, boost locations). These players can use ball cam and maintain a good sense of where they are respective to their surroundings; irregular maps add a huge gameplay dynamic as you're now essentially starting over, learning the map's fundamental properties all over again. They argue it'd detract from the current competitive balance brought from traditionally-shaped maps.
3. Top players (platinum) -- in favor of irregular ranked maps since they've essentially mastered the basic maps to the point where the game gets somewhat repetitive/boring. These views have been expressed by Gibbs & Kronovi, and probably others.

As a silver player just starting to git gud, I'd hate if irregular maps were forced into ranked. There should be a "include irregular arenas" checkbox so that low & high skill players can get the variety they seek while us mid-tiers can continue to develop our skills in a consistent competitive environment. Forcing irregular maps into ranked would alter the game's skill curve & fundamental gameplay so radically, that Psyonix may as well add in mutators to ranked as well. Here's hoping they can find a way to make everyone happy.

I prefer they keep irregular maps unranked because if they start considering them for competition it will affect the design process and we probably won't get the crazy designs that would be fun. Rocket League is a sports game and I can't think of any where the court is changed up. It's not an FPS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom