• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazulic

Woo. I am ranked in the 30s worldwide in 2s!

For now
f0ef44d7e4.jpg

ill not be this high again lol

There are more incommon drops thsn I had anticipated. How many have yo guys seen?

Toppers:
Ninja Star
Captains Hat
Graduation Hat
Paper Boat
Hunting Hat

Antenna:
Sunflower
Hula Girl

Oreoleo

I got a Chiquita fruit hat topper.

There's an image of all the uncommon items on Reddit but I haven't looked at it. Why spoil the surprise.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Has the details of the new ranking system been explained? I'd love to see a breakdown of the tiers.

Retro Utopia is as good as ever. Anyone else feel like goals happen a lot more often on that map?

Where are my tumbleweeds on wasteland, first of all.

Oh wow I completely forgot that old Wasteland had tumbleweeds.

What's with all this Wasteland hate in RL anyway. It was a very well liked map in SSARPBC from what I remember.

Moa

Planning on picking this up next week on the X1. Are there non-ranked games w/ matchmaking or is it all ranked?

Cheers in advance.

Drencrom

Loving the new maps so far! The new layouts (especially Underpass and Utopia Retro) make for lots of new interesting and fun situations that can't really happen in the standard arena.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fuck me, played too little lately and only managed Silver III. Was up in Gold in Doubles, but slipped down and didn't recover in time. Oh well, I'll do better this season! Maybe. I'm a much better player now than when S1 started, at least. But so are most people, I suppose.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm losing most of my ranked games in this qualifying thing. I doubt he game will place me in rising star for anything other than doubles.

Also, Rocket Labs is the best thing ever.

GeeTeeCee

I know the Rocket Labs aesthetic is temporary, but ths Tron style works for me so hopefully they'll keep it.

First competitive 3v3 game and our team goes 2-0 down in the first minute. Teammates vote to forfeit, I ignore. We win 4-2. Some things never change.

I might just have got lucky, but the new report option seems to be keeping certain elements of the community in check so far.

What's the point of having multiple copies of uncommon items?
No idea, maybe a TF2-like trading system?

Tbh I'd rather have the circular map in ranked than wasteland

I love that circular map >_>
Ugh, can't stand Utopia Retro. Giant goals. Almost zero mid-game. Lame center boost pickup. Probably wouldn't mind as much if the map was larger, and had more goal wall defendable areas. Certainly wouldn't be as bad going around in circles if it were bigger.

Elevated sidelines is the best one

Totally, Overpass is terrific. Wish the side ramps had a slightly smoother curve to them, but otherwise plays fantastic. In a game about future cars playing soccer, it feels like a future-future field.

Double Goal is pretty alright too, though again, just a little too small. Can't imagine that map in Chaos.

Pepiope

Wait for everyone to get where they belong and keep playing to see if you stay a champion;)
I don't think there is a cap on the number of players who can be champion status. So I don't think I'd get bumped by someone else.

I need to post the Gif of a game we played last night. A demo goal on that circular map...Glorious. I don't really want those maps in competitive, but they are a really fun change of pace.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is it still the case that only winning counts, and it doesn't matter how well you do yourself? Well, I'm never getting out of Unranked then. Ever.

No idea, maybe a TF2-like trading system?

With the spelling of the items as "uncommon" and all that, I suspect a Steam market/trading update is in the cards.

It would be nice.

Cool, I was thinking it might be something like this but I didn't know if they talked about it outside of the fact that you can collect multiple now.

Is it still the case that only winning counts, and it doesn't matter how well you do yourself? Well, I'm never getting out of Unranked then. Ever.

I don't know if that is the case. I lost a ton of games during my first go and still managed to go straight to Challenger 2 from Unranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom