• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no points and ability to limit chat to quick text only and rejoin if disconnected ranked is WAY better than it was before. Not too mention finally being properly placed. After 15-20 games I'm in Rising Star which I think is equivalent of middle Gold maybe (?) and facing what feels like my usual competition (and teammates) to me.

I likely won't get any higher but at least I'm not tearing my hair out now to trying to get my rank up to what the competition I'm always facing is. I'm also (so far) seeing a lot less quitters and forfeits which I think is a direct result of the above.

Toss in snow arena and hockey mode being added to exhibition and rocket labs and the uncommon items and this is a FANTASTIC update. Way to go Psyonix! =)

But did you have fun
go in with a team

It was as frustrating as Ranked had been. My whole game is generally off these days, for some reason: I can't hit aerials anymore, can't predict where the ball is anymore, and my reaction times are completely deteriorated.

I guess I'll go some more days without League and hope to come back fresh.

Ruruja

I've suddenly become absolutely terrible at the game, so I've decided to lay off Competitive to protect my precious Champion status. Can't even do basic stuff - hopefully it's just today.

Every game since the patch has been a lagfest for me. Guess I'll have to wait before doing my placement matches.

I actually had a really laggy match earlier, worst one since I started playing the game. Car was jumping all over the place. All the pings were fine so I guess their servers are struggling with all these people on.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
U-uhm. People shouldn't be making you that mad...

Edit: poe's law?

This is why it's my favorite map.

The people I get mad at are teammates who will start talking shit at you at the slightest mistake, even though they are usually the much worse player (funny how that works). Opponents talking shit doesn't bother me.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Ruined? It's a little different but it doesn't take much effort to get used to it. Everyone's on the same playing field.
The map is shit and just because other people have to play on that shit doesn't make me feel better about playing on that shit.

Soulflarz

Banned
The people I get mad at are teammates who will start talking shit at you at the slightest mistake, even though they are usually the much worse player (funny how that works). Opponents talking shit doesn't bother me.
Aand that's what I'm saying- don't encourage them by getting mad- it really doesn't matter.
Especially when you're using the blanket statement that you're better than them.

Hale-XF11

Ugggh, the stuttering is really bad for me. Game just crashed. It's never crashed before the update. This is a bit disheartening.

J. Bravo

It was as frustrating as Ranked had been. My whole game is generally off these days, for some reason: I can't hit aerials anymore, can't predict where the ball is anymore, and my reaction times are completely deteriorated.

I guess I'll go some more days without League and hope to come back fresh.
You are probably hesitating. Work on reacting faster and practice predicting where the ball will be. If you decide to go for the ball, then fucking GO, Dammit! A lot of my skill is just reacting quicker and being able to get to the ball sooner than other players. But I didnt get any better at doing that until I just started going for them. Watching m1k3rules on twitch has been immeasurably helpful, especially in 2s. As a result, I play a lot like him, at least in 2s (nowhere near as good obviously LOL).

Also practice double jumping right at the beginning of your aerial. Super useful to get there quicker for the decisive clay.

Remember, to get better, you have to do EVERYTHING sooner than the other team. Stop thinking when you play rocket league. Become one with your car.

Good luck.

;)

Yup. Salty teammates are the worst. Obviously they have never played on a team in anything competitive in real life.

Suggest limiting chat to only quick chat options. Yeah you will still get some spamming of those but it's far less infuriating than the crap a lot of people write.

J. Bravo

Yup. Salty teammates are the worst. Obviously they have never played on a team in anything competitive in real life.

Suggest limiting chat to only quick chat options. Yeah you will still get some spamming of those but it's far less infuriating than the crap a lot of people write.
Spamming quick chat to troll the opponent is literally my favorite thing to do in this game.

I played so much of the hockey variant (~20 hours) without playing the standard game... I'm fucking awful now lol.

Same. It's all I played for the longest time. I miss Snow Day sorely now but, I also welcome change, so we'll see how things go.

Hah same here too. Played a ton of Hockey almost exclusively, even got pretty good at it. But it feels like my normal Soccer skills atrophied. time to relearn how to play Rocket League!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I lose most of my solo standard games. I win most of my doubles games with randoms. There's something about doubles that's just easier.

By the way how many games do you have to play before the game will judge whether your rank needs to change or not?

Afrodium

Banned
So is ranking up now tied to personal performance instead of winning games? Even so, I think I need to practice some more to have any chance of ranking up. I just played for about an hour and was exclusively on the wrong side of massacres.

New thing to drive me insane. That Rocket Labs donut map. Our team is on offense. The opposing team knocks the ball away. It's now heading toward our goal.

Teammates chase the ball, try to drive past it, turn around, and hit it (with little to no momentum) instead of just driving through the opponent's goal, coming out of our goal, saving time, and having way more momentum.

I know these maps are new, but guys, guysssssss

I'm only ranked in ones as of now. The stress of ranked play is gonna make getting ranked in everything a nice ordeal.

The new drop system is great and I'm glad they added so many. As for Dupes marketplace support would be a fantastic way for the Devs to make extra money through the microtransaction fees but would they do that and leave PSN out in the cold since they don't have that kind of market support?

i don't quite understand the new ranking system. i did my ranking games and got to challenger elite, then to rising star. lost some and got demoted back to challenger elite then back up to rising star after a few wins. Won another and it put me back to challenger elite D:

J. Bravo

Played standard with a couple buddies who were not ranked highly as me on season 1. I figured we'd all end up in the same division but I'm an all-star and they are in two separate divisions. Does the game take into account last seasons mmr/ranking?

Pepiope

Played standard with a couple buddies who were not ranked highly as me on season 1. I figured we'd all end up in the same division but I'm an all-star and they are in two separate divisions. Does the game take into account last seasons mmr/ranking?
Heavily.

Ugggh, the stuttering is really bad for me. Game just crashed. It's never crashed before the update. This is a bit disheartening.

This started happening to me after the Wasteland update, but it eventually got better.

The first two days after this current update was running normally for me, but today I was playing I was getting stuttering issues. dot said he was lagging as well. Hopefully it hasn't borked things again and that was just a few bad matches. LIke I said, the first two days were fine for me.

Soulflarz

Banned

Heavily. Not "all the way", but you aren't breaking more than 5 or so ranks out of your old one.

For reference of breaking out of yours, Salsa was 645 and I was 200 in 3s, and we went 9 and 1 in unranked. I went all the way to 6/12, he went to 9/12.

Now, I was 700 in 2s and went 3-7, I'm 8/12 now.

Pepiope

Heavily. Not "all the way", but you aren't breaking more than 5 or so ranks out of your old one.

For reference of breaking out of yours, Salsa was 645 and I was 200 in 3s, and we went 9 and 1 in unranked. I went all the way to 6/12, he went to 9/12.

Now, I was 700 in 2s and went 3-7, I'm 8/12 now.
I went up 5 ranks in 1s. Surprised they'd let me climb like that after only 10 matches, but I'm not complaining. Never have to play 1s again! Wooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom