• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Just the invisible car bug?

Some motherfucker online had a unicorn horn topper. he rage quit the second he was about to lose. Should have to forfeit the horn to me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Aand that's what I'm saying- don't encourage them by getting mad- it really doesn't matter.
Especially when you're using the blanket statement that you're better than them.

No, my rage I mostly keep to myself, although occasionally it spills over and I have to vent a bit here. :)

I never get mad at people playing badly, only people who act like total asses. And I almost never see actually good players behave like this. It's usually some Pro who thinks they're the shit while in reality they really don't know what they're doing. So they'll spew shit all over you for mistakes THEY cause, etc. That does piss me off.

Lazulic

if you ever need a boost in confidence look at your first saved replay and see how much better you are

jesus christ i never want to look at that fov again

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Since the update if I select 3v3, unranked and I get put into a game where my team is getting beat 5-0 say and I want to quit. Every time I select the same mode it puts me back into the same game, I assume if there is space.

I shouldn't be penalised because someone else quit.

Lazulic

Since the update if I select 3v3, unranked and I get put into a game where my team is getting beat 5-0 say and I want to quit. Every time I select the same mode it puts me back into the same game, I assume if there is space.

I shouldn't be penalised because someone else quit.

what

jTNp5t5.jpg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194859477&postcount=16727

Don't think I've seen the platinum one yet though.

Pepiope

wow, looks like the 1.5 second limit for dodging during aerials is gone after the patch:
https://gfycat.com/InfamousMadeupHummingbird

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...a_theres_no_second_jump_timer_for_aerials_if/

edit: but only if you don´t start your aerial with a jump, (like off a ramp?). will have to try for myself...
Really? Yessssss. No more horrible aerials because I missed the timer by like a millisecond!

Edit: oh wait, you can't jump at all for that to work....that's like 2% of aerials. It will work nicely for the new maps though.

tch

The stuttering has been terrible for me. Not even touching ranked for now. My game ran perfect before this patch.

It did this before but not all of the time. Think about how it works. It found what it thought was the best match for you. Then you immediately quit out of it -- so a spot is open again -- and when you click join if the spot hasn't been filled yet -- it will think it's the best match again for you. So try waiting an extra 15 seconds or so before searching for a new game. If however they have changed things where you are forced back into whatever game you quit out of that straight out sucks. If they are gonna do that don't place people in games that are 6-0 already.

There really needs to be a rule that if the score differential hits X amount of goals (say 5) then bots play out the rest of the game, because no one wants to join a game down that many goals and whoever is still playing has the option to quit themselves if they don't like it. Or even better they can do a sliding scale with score differential corresponding to time left in the game. A 1 goal differential limit per minute would be perfect:

5 minutes left (start of game) = 5 score differential
4 minutes left = 4
3 minutes left = 3
2 minutes left = 2
1 minute left = 1

This would do away with joining a game down 7-2 with 2 minutes left, and even better ensure that whatever time left when you join a comeback will be possible. And the less time left the more exciting it will be as you know you only need a goal or two to tie things up / to win it. Make it happen Psyonix!

The stuttering has been terrible for me. Not even touching ranked for now. My game ran perfect before this patch.

We're looking into it. It's not affecting many people and we're having trouble tracking it down. Two possibilities I've seen mentioned are related to having a large Steam friendslist (you can try setting your status to "Offline") and some players are seeing hitches when increasing their FPS max over 60.

Soulflarz

Banned
We're looking into it. It's not affecting many people and we're having trouble tracking it down. Two possibilities I've seen mentioned are related to having a large Steam friendslist (you can try setting your status to "Offline") and some players are seeing hitches when increasing their FPS max over 60.

I have this stuttering on ps4 whenever I'm going through the menus, no other time.

Also, to everyone wanting to become as good as the #2 solo standard player in the world, I suggest you watch his latest montage, in which he teaches us a ton.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yo. While you're here can you go over the new rank system again? Like how and when does the game determine if your rank needs to change?

I haven't had any stuttering issues (780ti, 3570k, 120hz is GODLY THANKS!), but I have been noticing more micro-lag spikes recently. But that may very well be server related. Or perhaps more people with bad pings coming back to try out the new patch.

J. Bravo

ive played with l3viathn, hes not great
He has his moments...but they come in spurts of like 4 - 7 games at a time. Once he warms up, he's good, but after a few games his skill level and field awareness tanks. He just doesn't move fast enough. Spends too much time standing still or meandering around the field. I get that there are times when you can be going too fast, but you don't get better by letting opponents hit the ball before you...I've told him time and time again about it, but he hesitates way too often. It's frustrating. Gotten a ton better tho.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah I'm gonna have to be in the minority and say I preferred the old rank system. At least then I knew how far away I was from the next rank and had clear goals to aim for. Being blind isn't good. It makes me stress more, not less. I mean I've been winning the vast majority of my doubles matches and it isn't moving. Am I even close? I just want to know. Without clear goals I might as well play unranked.

Ran rp

It would at least be nice to know how well you did in a game. Something like a sparkly badge if you're moving forward, nothing if your performance was average/bad (a negative vfx might be too harsh). The littlest feedback could help keep players from becoming too frustrated.

PSY・S;195085187 said:
It would at least be nice to know how well you did in a game. Something like a sparkly badge if you're moving forward, nothing if your performance was average/bad (a negative vfx might be too harsh). The littlest feedback could help keep players from becoming too frustrated.

If you win, you moved forward. if you lost, you lost progress. There is no performance influence on ranking whatsoever.

Soulflarz

Banned
playing with people on my campus sucks

idk, feels like a waste of time

or rather, it reminds me of playing in the 300s- we can win at times because they can hit easy setups, but really, it's helping bad habits form on both sides, and I really don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom