• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumble19

I see a lot of people reccommending mapping boost to R1. Do you then keep one finger on the trigger and one finger on the bumper? Or just have your index finger move from one to the other. I just can't seem to get comfortable with either.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
I'm on PS4 in America and would really like to get on a team. I'm a good, solid rotational player. I'm happy to play with PC players since teams can be cross-platform. Let me know if you have a space!

PSN: Optimus_Prime

On the other hand, if you're interested in getting on a team and want someone else to organize it, I'd be happy to serve as captain and manage the registration, match setups, and practices.

Team name: Knights of Cybertron
Region: North America

Let me know ASAP. Sign-ups end tomorrow. Thanks!

Optimus, a friend of mine and I have been looking for a third. We don't play ranked, but I've reached Pro level and he's Veteran and we have something like 1,200 games between us. We don't do anything crazy or fancy, but we're solid. Let me know if you're interested/want to organize it.

LakeEarth

Played the game for the first time in months, played one game and popped 3 gold trophies. I guess they fixed the bug that was preventing them from activating previously (like the drive 50KM one).

I don't have the 'all cars' achievement though. Is there a trick to that one, or will they all unlock if I keep playing?

Cappa

Banned
Played the game for the first time in months, played one game and popped 3 gold trophies. I guess they fixed the bug that was preventing them from activating previously (like the drive 50KM one).

I don't have the 'all cars' achievement though. Is there a trick to that one, or will they all unlock if I keep playing?
You need to unlock them all from leveling up and then I think you need to use each one once in order to unlock sweet tooth and then you get the achievement

LakeEarth

Thanks, I never changed my car body so that's probably what I need to do.

I will also have to get a friend, and then I can finally get the platinum!

Optimus, a friend of mine and I have been looking for a third. We don't play ranked, but I've reached Pro level and he's Veteran and we have something like 1,200 games between us. We don't do anything crazy or fancy, but we're solid. Let me know if you're interested/want to organize it.

I'm in! I replied to your PM as well. Let me know if you need anything else. Looking forward to it!

TFW you made it to All-Star Div. IV then dropped all the way back down to Challenger Elite Div. III

:( Feels bad. I made it up there by teaming up with a friend, winning like 10 in a row and 13/14 altogether. Then the last few days I've been lone-wolfing it and getting dismantled. I hate loving this game.

TFW you made it to All-Star Div. IV then dropped all the way back down to Challenger Elite Div. III

:( Feels bad. I made it up there by teaming up with a friend, winning like 10 in a row and 13/14 altogether. Then the last few days I've been lone-wolfing it and getting dismantled. I hate loving this game.
Yeah, I was playing with another person doubles and we were rocking it, winning like 8 out of 10. I come back to play solo standard some days later, and I lost five or six straight overtime games. I'm not exaggerating. How often do you have 5-6 straight overtime games, let alone losing all of them? :-/

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really want to enter a team but I have nobody. I welcome anyone who wants to join a team with me. Message me or add me on Steam if you're interested. Gary1485

I'm a pretty decent player. Rising star duel, shooting star doubles, rising star solo standard and challenger elite standard. Way better than me or way worse than me, I just really want to enter in a team for this thing.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I really want to enter a team but I have nobody. I welcome anyone who wants to join a team with me. Message me or add me on Steam if you're interested. Gary1485

I'm a pretty decent player. Rising star duel, shooting star doubles, rising star solo standard and challenger elite standard. Way better than me or way worse than me, I just really want to enter in a team for this thing.

I'd be in, but I'm on Xbox One :/

------

I thought about double dipping and getting the PC version, but not for the full price.

tch

I think we might still need a 3rd! I'll add you on steam and let you know

Soulflarz

Banned
I still suck at 1s kickoffs and can't do the fast kickoff for my life :<

also sucks that I was on a bad streak in 2s and now I'm nearly out of rising star on PC
challenger is hell iirc

on the plus side, just went challenger elite div 1 to div 3 in solo

Soulflarz

Banned
edit servers back
also: looots of smurfs in challenger elite
really kind of sucks when they openly admit it

rip went near 4 then back to 2
oh well, up one. Down one in 2 is 2s today though...

edit: right at the brink between div 3/4 :>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
edit servers back
also: looots of smurfs in challenger elite
really kind of sucks when they openly admit it

rip went near 4 then back to 2
oh well, up one. Down one in 2 is 2s today though...

edit: right at the brink between div 3/4 :>
I'll help you climb back up later if you want. Assuming I'm not playing as shit as yesterday with my complete misjudging of distances.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The servers for this game are so shit. Down every few days.

Also, I've said it before, but when are they gonna fix this?

rl_brokengqsj6.jpg

If this happens, the match will get cancelled. 100%, every time. It has never managed to find a player, ever. It's simply broken.They should either fix it or remove this "feature".

Ruruja

I'm no physics expert, but doesn't the spin of the ball influence the outgoing angle? Or does the speed of the ball nullify that?

A little bit extreme, but that's what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QNcly47JDQ

Spin does affect it, but this is talking about balls with little spin bouncing like they had tons of spin (because they hit a weird bit of geometry).

If this happens, the match will get cancelled. 100%, every time. It has never managed to find a player, ever. It's simply broken.They should either fix it or remove this "feature".

That works in unranked. I've never seen it work in ranked.

It usually happens when a party is broken due to a disconnect from a player or in my case, Steam servers going down for maintenance on Tuesdays. If this happens, closing the party and reforming it fixes it.

I don't think it's ever happened to me in 1v1.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Spin does affect it, but this is talking about balls with little spin bouncing like they had tons of spin (because they hit a weird bit of geometry).

It usually happens when a party is broken due to a disconnect from a player or in my case, Steam servers going down for maintenance on Tuesdays. If this happens, closing the party and reforming it fixes it.

I don't think it's ever happened to me in 1v1.

Ah... I never play unranked, so for me it always fails whenever it happens.

PaulloDEC

I came here to ask if anyone knew why there's 53,000 players online but only 90 in matchmaking, but I guess I got my answer.

Bummer.

I still suck at 1s kickoffs and can't do the fast kickoff for my life :<
Just started learning the fast kickoff. I can do it okay from the back diagonals, but for some reason I often screw it up on the wings. And that's not helping my teammates.

Practice? You talkin' bout practice? *sigh* Back to training mode.

Dr Prob

Banned

Want to say it was about a month ago (could have been longer, wasn't taking notes or anything), but during one ranked session it actually worked. Remember it because we were like "whoa." Person who was added late most likely didn't notice anything and was probably like, "what the hell is wrong with these weirdos?"

On the other hand, there have been a few recent instances where everything seemed to be launching normally only to have the game hang right before kickoff, leading to the "not enough players" thing.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'll help you climb back up later if you want. Assuming I'm not playing as shit as yesterday with my complete misjudging of distances.

Can't, hw.

The servers for this game are so shit. Down every few days.

Also, I've said it before, but when are they gonna fix this?

That's when someone can't connect, it's intended. It gives them buffer time to connect. Sometimes people take 10/15s to connect so they need the buffer.

I put the wrong address on my stress ball. It was supposed to be delivered today and instead it's getting sent back. They are sold out. I am pissed and wish I had a fucking stress ball right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom