• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

euiPhL3.png

Ruruja

baseball wouldn't even work
volleyball might, somehow. I dunno.

Can't be a sport where you take turns though.

I always thought volleyball could work, there'd have to be a 'one-bounce allowed' rule I think though, otherwise it would be far too difficult and boring - and you can bounce it off the walls.

Just had a nice moment after a pretty shitty game when my team mate was getting on my back for staying in net and slipping up a couple of times.

When I scored he even threw a hissy fit and tried to forfeit, so I rammed him a few times and he got back to playing (after 'SOO'?).

My only reply to all this was 'lol', but the opposition team had me covered and started taking the piss when he missed an easy chance etc.

We lost obviously, but they took the chance to get in a few more digs; 'MVP Joe', 'Joe was the only one that scored'. I can't say I didn't want to win or wasn't trying, but I couldn't resist 'gg orange', because they deserved it.

Made me chuckle, and nice to see that not everyone is a douche or will tolerate douche like behaviour.

Soulflarz

Banned
I always thought volleyball could work, there'd have to be a 'one-bounce allowed' rule I think though, otherwise it would be far too difficult and boring - and you can bounce it off the walls.

Would also need a much more narrow arena, slower boost drain, etc.

Volleyball would be a ton of fun though if they made it work. It'd actually be closer to newcomb, but yeah, I could see myself sinking a ton of hours into that.

Just had a nice moment after a pretty shitty game when my team mate was getting on my back for staying in net and slipping up a couple of times.

When I scored he even threw a hissy fit and tried to forfeit, so I rammed him a few times and he got back to playing (after 'SOO'?).

My only reply to all this was 'lol', but the opposition team had me covered and started taking the piss when he missed an easy chance etc.

We lost obviously, but they took the chance to get in a few more digs; 'MVP Joe', 'Joe was the only one that scored'. I can't say I didn't want to win or wasn't trying, but I couldn't resist 'gg orange', because they deserved it.

Made me chuckle, and nice to see that not everyone is a douche or will tolerate douche like behaviour.

I've developed a few aquaitances through games like this and shit teammates giving me shit for missing aerials and stuff despite me doing everything, passing etc. lots of "<3 Andy" and stuff like that

AcridMeat

Banned
Yoooo my coworker and I took the crown tonight in the 2v2 tourney I mentioned! Free shirt and booze yeeee.

Can see the archive at showdowngg's twitch. We didn't play on stream until later.

The match to watch is at 2:26:00 where it's my coworker and I (team LuPe) against Space Puppies. They were the second best team in the tourney but we met in the semis. Really close games.

Yoooo my coworker and I took the crown tonight in the 2v2 tourney I mentioned! Free shirt and booze yeeee.

Can see the archive at showdowngg's twitch. We didn't play on stream until later.

The match to watch is at 2:26:00 where it's my coworker and I (team LuPe) against Space Puppies. They were the second best team in the tourney but we met in the semis. Really close games.

Well done Acrid!

Can anyone tell me how much the RL dlc packs cost the last time they were on sale on UK PSN? I see they are currently on sale again, but i would like to know how much they were in the previous sale a few months ago.

Tawpgun

I miss mutators. I wish they'd bring them back. Other than time warp those were hella fun.

I'm on Xbox but we still have mutator mash up.

They are a lot of fun (I still want an Enders Game Esque Zero Gravity mode) but its so hard to get used to the new mutator mechanics and then go back to regular mode. So many whiffs

VLiberty

In the past two days I've got some bad team mates, wow. A couple were pretty great, some decent, then 20 or so total noobs

The last one left me playing an entire match alone. he scored after a few seconds after the match started on a very lucky shot(it was more of an o.g.), then 30 seconds later the opponents score. He leaves right after that. I end up winning cause the opponents were rather crappy, although I managed to lose with even worse players on an actual 2v2. Sometimes it's turly better to play alone...

In doubles, why are you driving 2 inches behind me every time I have the ball??? #spacethefuckout

Hate for randoms is strong with me today =)

So many people dropping out of games today. I was 1v3 at some point and one guy from the other team stayed to play on my side though haha

Lost anyway :___

I remember I was by myself in a doubles match not too long ago because my teammate abandoned me when we were down 0-2. So played a 1v2 game and in the end made the comeback 3-2 against them.

DD

I don't know what they did with the South American servers, but now they are crappy as f*ck. Before my ping was around 20-25, and now I'm getting 130 and above. It's awful.

I don't know what they did with the South American servers, but now they are crappy as f*ck. Before my ping was around 20-25, and now I'm getting 130 and above. It's awful.

There are temporarily some servers in the USEast cluster to fill demand from South America. It's very slow and difficult to get more server capacity in South America, so while that happens it's a stopgap solution =/

DD

There are temporarily some servers in the USEast cluster to fill demand from South America. It's very slow and difficult to get more server capacity in South America, so while that happens it's a stopgap solution =/

Ah, that's why... =B

It really felt like I was playing on North American servers yesterday.

Last week it was taking several minutes to find a server, and one day (I believe it was friday?) the servers were down. I didn't touched the game after that. Then, yesterday I got back to it and I was surprised on how fast it found me a match, and then I got downed with the lag. Sad, cuz I love this game. =/

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What the fuck is up with people? Yeah, we're doing poorly, and then you first simply stop playing, and then when I naturally vote to forfeit you decide to just leave the game (and take the ban)? Why? Just to annoy me by being a pissy little fucking child?

Also had another guy the other day who played against our own goal the entire time, right from the start. In a ranked match. Again, why? Just to be a fucking game-ruining piece of shit troll. Obviously reported for unsportsmanlike conduct, but I doubt that does shit.

It's generally also the worse players who do this shit.

Parts of this game's community are so damn toxic. They ruin like every 10th match I play. I just don't understand why these people, who just want to be assholes, even bother playing the game. Do they really take so much joy in ruining another person's fun? What a sad little person you must be to spend your time like that.

Had to disable cross-play, just so many bad PC players, and they evidently have a way to quit ranked matches and not get banned, had one guy quit 2 games in a row just to find him in the next match 2-4 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom