• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Had to disable cross-play, just so many bad PC players, and they evidently have a way to quit ranked matches and not get banned, had one guy quit 2 games in a row just to find him in the next match 2-4 minutes later.

This post confused me, since I've never heard of this. Also dunno what bad means in this case lol

This post confused me, since I've never heard of this. Also dunno what bad means in this case lol

Bad as in low skilled, or making stupid choices like trying steal a good angle shot from a bad angle, or leaving the goal empty and not rotating.

There seems to be a big difference between PC/PS4 in the skill of players who are same rank.

Disabling cross play has never worked for me

Works fine for me? Always has.

Soulflarz

Banned
Bad as in low skilled, or making stupid choices like trying steal a good angle shot from a bad angle, or leaving the goal empty and not rotating.

There seems to be a big difference between PC/PS4 in the skill of players who are same rank.

Heh, funny, since most people I know make the distinction that PS4 players are worse since they all got the game for free and don't have to care half as much vs PC players trying to get their moneys worth, and the frame rate differences.

I'm team no difference.

RefigeKru

Banned
Recently there are a lot of pricks playing this, especially on my team. You know sometimes you'll play with someone and there's absolutely no chemistry so what they decide to do instead of calling for balls, changing tactics etc,. is to start calling you a noob/wanker and try to quit after conceding 1-2 goals, throw their toys out the pram and down tools. So many Chelsea supporters must play this game.

3v3 last night, 1 guy is complaining and chatting shit at us before quitting and we end up scoring 3 goals after he leaves. Absolutely sensational.

Heh, funny, since most people I know make the distinction that PS4 players are worse since they all got the game for free and don't have to care half as much vs PC players trying to get their moneys worth, and the frame rate differences.

I'm team no difference.

Yup. Disabling cross play works for me but makes no difference in terms of level of play. The majority of players on both platforms are simply terrible at the game.

I've used PS3, XB1 and PS4 controllers to play the game. It's all the same shit and all that varies is comfort in terms of controllers. PS4 is probably more likely to fps lag than a PC though.

Hasney

PS4 players are worse because they use a worse controller where almost all the rubber has come off their analog stick.

And the common problem where the R2 and L2 buttons end up not being able to be pressed all the way in. Shame, I love the pad, but the build quality is such a joke. Can't even finish Need for Speed because of the L2/R2 issue.

Playing on PC, PS4 players do seem to be of a much lower quality, but hearing the opposite makes me wonder if the matchmaking or ranking has a bug where the other format is of a lower skill because I smile when I see a PS4 player opposite and cringe when they're on my time. May have to experiment on PS4 and see what happens.

Could all be confirmation bias either way though.

As for ranked quits, just checked all the cheat sites I know and there's nothing there. Steam usernames aren't unique though, so it could be a different account and they just switch to the other one once they get a ban on the other side.

Playing on PC, PS4 players do seem to be of a much lower quality, but hearing the opposite makes me wonder if the matchmaking or ranking has a bug where the other format is of a lower skill because I smile when I see a PS4 player opposite and cringe when they're on my time. May have to experiment on PS4 and see what happens.

How can one tell on which platform the other players are playing?

Soulflarz

Banned
Fairly certain that a lot of people would pull the 70m profit number out if they did ads like that.

Not like I'd personally care, but I could see where they're coming from.

GeeTeeCee

I kinda wish there was an option to filter out matchmaking with parties in unranked. 3v3 isn't as fun when 90% of matches are a plucky band of randoms taking on a well-drilled team of Experts, Masters and Legends. Plus, you don't get the fun of mixing up the teams on subsequent matches.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Best way to make sure teammates ball chase?

"Stop ball chasing."

It's like I stumbled upon a ball chasing stay buff spell.

Best way to make sure teammates ball chase?

"Stop ball chasing."

It's like I stumbled upon a ball chasing stay buff spell.

I wish my teammates would stop ball chasing, I run it up the edge, cross it over to centre across the goal, great easy shot....

...and they cannot shoot because they're up my ass.

Via facebook:
Attention ‪#‎RLCS‬ Registrants: Starting early next week, Steam and PlayStation Network ID verification emails will be sent to all registered players. If you or any member of your team had any difficulty with confirming your email address previously, this new wave of emails will also serve as your last chance to confirm or risk ineligibility.

Once you've received your email, you can then click the embedded link to update any of your personal details, verify your respective account ID, view your team roster, or view the verification status of the other members of your roster.

Look for additional announcements and instructions once all emails have been sent.

ps3ud0

Do you guys think theres any value of adding boost info of your team in the UI? Hoping its something Psyonix could add as an option

ps3ud0 8)

Quitters should get a 1 week ban in Ranked.

Score is 1-3 with 2:15 seconds (they just scored their 3rd goal at this point) and someone on my team leaves. So damn stupid.

tch

Do you guys think theres any value of adding boost info of your team in the UI? Hoping its something Psyonix could add as an option

Just what I need, teammates bitching about my boost management in addition to my positioning and hits.
Half-kidding. when partied up I use voice chat to communicate that anyway but I guess it could be useful for randoms?

Dr Prob

Banned
Drunk League quick strike!

64hlpDG.gif

Hard to sustain that level of button-hitting though. So many buttons.

So... got so fucking tired of everybody I am playing with just running aimlessly after the ball like headless chickens and not taking care of the goal that I decided to play goalie on every game just to make sure that at least there's somebody there. And guess what, since I've been doing that I've been winning so many more matches, I'm finally advancing in the ranks.

At what level or rank do players start to play more strategically and take charge of their positions? I wish I could play with people that know what they're doing. I'm not so good technically yet but at least I try to play for the team.

If there are people here that are not super high level and would like to make a party with me let me know. My id is wearafrown.

Soulflarz

Banned
At what level or rank do players start to play more strategically and take charge of their positions? I wish I could play with people that know what they're doing. I'm not so good technically yet but at least I try to play for the team.

If there are people here that are not super high level and would like to make a party with me let me know. My id is wearafrown.

Challenger 3?

People still make basic errors up until low blues though, free wins there.

Ran rp

So... got so fucking tired of everybody I am playing with just running aimlessly after the ball like headless chickens and not taking care of the goal that I decided to play goalie on every game just to make sure that at least there's somebody there. And guess what, since I've been doing that I've been winning so many more matches, I'm finally advancing in the ranks.

late challenger

Soulflarz

Banned
putting a gold crown on in low ranks is always a good way to shut people up :3

yep, it's basically a free pass to say a decent bit of stuff to help people and not come off as "god you suck and I swear I'm grand champion at this game on my smurf/ps4", since 99% of people saying that at low rank hurt my brain.

Ive never been one to buy dlc cosmetics in games but...

I had to have that Delorean. Looks and sounds so neat. Well worth the couple of pound it cost me

2-0 up with 40 seconds left, the opposing team scored and one of my team mates voted to forfeit. Absolutely amazing.

I have had several of these lately. Forfeit requests seemingly for no reason. Up a goal or 2 or tied and someone wants to forfeit. I was playing standard with 2 guys in a party and we were up 3-1 after 2 minutes and they suddenly wanted to forfeit. I texted Nooooo! and they both quit. I played my ass off 1 v 3 to get it to OT at 4-4 and then lost it on a crappy faceoff bounce. Went down a division for my efforts.

If you are winning and someone wants to forfeit only reason I can think of is they need to quit game to go somewhere to which my reply is IT'S A 5 MINUTE GAME. Play it out. People truly suck sometimes.

I have had several of these lately. Forfeit requests seemingly for no reason. Up a goal or 2 or tied and someone wants to forfeit. I was playing standard with 2 guys in a party and we were up 3-1 after 2 minutes and they suddenly wanted to forfeit. I texted Nooooo! and they both quit. I played my ass off 1 v 3 to get it to OT at 4-4 and then lost it on a crappy faceoff bounce. Went down a division for my efforts.

If you are winning and someone wants to forfeit only reason I can think of is they need to quit game to go somewhere to which my reply is IT'S A 5 MINUTE GAME. Play it out. People truly suck sometimes.

Sorry for the noob question but what are the consequences of forfeit compared to just leaving the game or staying in the game and actually losing it? For which is the penalty worse?

moojito

I remember once my team was 2-0 up and the other team scored, up came the vote to forfeit thing and another player voted as well. I can only assume they never thought in a million years the 3rd player (me) would also vote, but apparently they didn't take into account my propensity for doing shit that makes absolutely no sense, so forfeit we did.

Shadybiz

Ive never been one to buy dlc cosmetics in games but...

I had to have that Delorean. Looks and sounds so neat. Well worth the couple of pound it cost me

I did the same. Big fan of the BTTF movies, and Psyonix really nailed the sound effects, visuals, etc. Haven't switched from it since I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom