• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i think i'm actually getting worse at this game. i can't fly, i barely ever hit the ball, and in my last online match i managed to score an own goal from midfield. training does nothing.

Jb

Worked fine earlier, but matchmaking is busted for me now :/
With 54k people online, I can't imagine it's because there's no game to be found...

DLaicH

Anyone else playing a season, and find their teamate(s) scoring on your own goal far more often than the enemy does? It happens with me game after game after game...

Happens to me all the time. I'll watch an AI teammate run the ball all the way up the field toward our own goal, and I'll be like "oh no you don't, you useless son of a bitch!" and race off after him.

Hasney

Worked fine earlier, but matchmaking is busted for me now :/
With 54k people online, I can't imagine it's because there's no game to be found...

It might be that the servers are full though. Apparently, when they were coming back up earlier, private matches were jumping straight on them.

You can join us, we've got 3 players already

Add Hasney and I'll come in. No mic today, but defo up for playing!

NewDust

I just got a warning from a friend to not play this on PS4 cause apparantly this is melting consoles attaching a screenshot of a news story. Said to him it's most likely most people can't differantiate cause and effect, but is there any anecdotale reference on gaf?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Happens to me all the time. I'll watch an AI teammate run the ball all the way up the field toward our own goal, and I'll be like "oh no you don't, you useless son of a bitch!" and race off after him.

none of that ever happens to me. my teammates are almost invariably better than i am, and almost never move the ball towards our own goal unless it just happens to bounce that way in some scuttle. i play on pro, maybe it's different at other difficulty levels.

Hasney

I just got a warning from a friend to not play this on PS4 cause apparantly this is melting consoles attaching a screenshot of a news story. Said to him it's most likely most people can't differantiate cause and effect, but is there any anecdotale reference on gaf?

Title screen heats it up, but nothing about "melting", just loud fans. Move the camera up and it gets quiet again.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Matchmaking had better work when I get home in about an hour! I was fine just playing offline yesterday, as it was my first time playing this game, but today I really want to get a taste of jolly online competition.

DLaicH

none of that ever happens to me. my teammates are almost invariably better than i am, and almost never move the ball towards our own goal unless it just happens to bounce that way in some scuttle. i play on pro, maybe the it's different at other difficulty levels.

Huh, weird. My theory is that when the ball is sort of rolling toward our goal, the AI tries to get ahead of the ball, but it can't quite figure out how to get around it, resulting in the AI actually pushing the ball half the length of the field to score an own goal. But maybe the AI would be better if I wasn't playing on Rookie.

ElNino

I doubt the melting consoles anecdote, but I will say that when I booted the game up last night and did a tutorial that the PS4 fans went into overdrive almost immediately and stayed that way for most of my time (only about 20 minutes or so).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Despite the rust from not having played this since alpha, I have won every ranked match I have played. It's starting to come back since I haven't touched the physics in months.

It feels great to see the community active. I had no issues finding any games for at least an hour.

Top rate game once all the kinks are ironed out server wise.

Murray97

Despite the rust from not having played this since alpha, I have won every ranked match I have played. It's starting to come back since I haven't touched the physics in months.

It feels great to see the community active. I had no issues finding any games for at least an hour.

Top rate game once all the kinks are ironed out server wise.

Yeah I haven't lost a ranked game yet. Up to 71st in the world on doubles.

NewDust

Title screen heats it up, but nothing about "melting", just loud fans. Move the camera up and it gets quiet again.

I doubt the melting consoles anecdote, but I will say that when I booted the game up last night and did a tutorial that the PS4 fans went into overdrive almost immediately and stayed that way for most of my time (only about 20 minutes or so).

Well, doesn't seem to be to harmfull... Nevertheless might me a good idea to hold out untill a possible patch, I have other games that require my attention anyway (looking at you Drivclub DLC)

DToneli

Neo Member
That feeling of Just. One. More. Match is freaking awesome.
I am not very good at it but if anyone wanna add me for a game or two, feel free to do so

PSN: DToneli

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've only managed to play 2 games, these servers are killing the game for me. At least the OST is pure fire (is that what the kids say?). :D

UbuntuSolo

Neo Member
Had a game last night in a season mode using the lowest level bots. Match was 0-0 until the AI team scored with 0:03 left. I was dejected but not defeated! I somehow manage to hit the perfect strike off the faceoff with the ball sailing into the net after just 1 second! (Apparently the time does not start counting down until the ball is touched, thankfully). Coming off of that high, I managed to hit another absolutely perfect strike on the faceoff of overtime and ball once again sailed sweetly into the net for the victory. So 4:57 of goalless inaction turned into 3 goals in the span of about 7 seconds.

Currently playing on Steam, but will also get the PS4 version. If anyone wants to play, add me: UbuntuSolo (same for both Steam and PSN).

Borman

Unlocking stuff again with the US version. Yeah, dont think car unlocks impact Sweet Tooth at all...
ouhXHBX.jpg

teokrazia

I have it both on PS4 and PC.
I've tried it briefly and it seems fun as hell.
Too bad matchmaking is not working for me on neither platforms. :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Unlocking stuff again with the US version. Yeah, dont think car unlocks impact Sweet Tooth at all...
ouhXHBX.jpg

One theory is that you just have to get one win with each car you have already unlocked. Would that fit your situation?

For me it unlocked 2nd to last.

I didnt get the beta, no chance to get Sweet Tooth?

Everyone on PS4 gets Sweet Tooth, the beta bonus items are a golden hat and antenna decoration I think.

Vaga

Can't find an EU match only US and Oceania and the ping is awful. I'm about to start a party if anyone wants to join add Vagabone on PSN.

Tubie

Yep seems like matchmaking is broken on PS4. I've been waiting 10 minutes now but it says there 60k players online.

Jb

Tried playing offline while waiting for matchmaking... not that fun. The bots are, unsurprisingly, very predictable, which makes most matches feel really similar to one another. I don't think I'm gonna spend a lot of time in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom