• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSY・S;204300127 said:
just won a game with 6m+ overtime

that's enough RL for today

Yeah, I love long overtimes as they are so epic / tense but then usually too drained to immediately play another.

Kronovi is too beast. Great match between KoU and Kronovi & his amazing friends.

A lot of people can air dribble but not many can do it when the spotlight shines so bright. What a sick goal by Kronovi. Total dagger.

Salsa

ImpureAnguishedAmericanbobtail.gif

WarmGiganticBinturong.gif

tumblr_mheqkagOpf1qihp55o1_250.gif

Pepiope

https://giant.gfycat.com/WarmGiganticBinturong.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f3dbf790767e1cb6e594ce2ab91a2d7f/tumblr_mheqkagOpf1qihp55o1_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
So proud of these gifs.

Got a couple more.

[url]https://giant.gfycat.com/CostlyTepidAmericanriverotter.webm[/url]

[url]https://giant.gfycat.com/SomberAlienatedGreatdane.webm[/url]

A couple of dunks and a 1v1 dribble goal scored in my session yesterday.

Dunk1

Dunk2

1v1 Dribble

I haven't been playing much recently as there's been so many good games out to play. When I've finished Witcher 3 and the DLC then Doom it will be good to put some hours back into this game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
People who say "No problem" in response to my "Nice shot!" rub me the wrong way. Comes across as so arrogant. We're on the same team, we're supposed to be best buddies for five minutes!

Salsa

People who say "No problem" in response to my "Nice shot!" rub me the wrong way. Comes across as so arrogant. We're on the same team, we're supposed to be best buddies for five minutes!

I only use it when the shot was an easy one on a set up by my teammate and I follow it with "great pass"

sometimes I use "Nooo!" tho

just kinda hard to convey that I mean like "I barely had to hit it forward it was all you"

Ruruja

I only use it when the shot was an easy one on a set up by my teammate and I follow it with "great pass"

sometimes I use "Nooo!" tho

just kinda hard to convey that I mean like "I barely had to hit it forward it was all you"

Just say Thanks! and move on.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it outside of when a teammates screws up or just can't make the play. I try to kill them with kindness no matter how bad it is and appreciate the "no problem" back when I'm the one that lets the team down.

Otherwise it usually comes off as a player being cocky / arrogant, which I don't mind on other team as I never see (use team only quickchat) but don't like it when my teammates are dicks... especially when I can't tell them to stop outside of a "Noooo!"

Can't wait for custom chat to arrive so I can add "GG" (always feel like a dick not being able to) at end of games. Hoping there will be quick chat like "chill dude" or "be nice" for telling obnoxious teammate/s to simmer down.

I ignore stuff all the time. You have to in this game. Talking perfect world here.

Another kickoff goal from goalie leaving net for boost in corner. This time in RLCS championship. Might have cost WDG the final. Gibbs and Jamesbot went off on it. Other than that great games again (outside of the two early 4-0's)

Yeah, I'm assuming PC/XB1 crossplay will come in the June update. So Psyonix could announce it this week when they talk about more features from the update. But since this is kind of a big deal, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold it for E3 and co-announce with MS that it's available in the update ("right now!").

Hopefully, Sony and PS4 will be in on the fun. If not, that will be very disappointing. Consider that, as drawn up, the new PC/XB1 crossplay would a) split the PC matchmaking base for PS4 players and b) still not present a solution whereby all platforms could party together in private rooms, thus isolating either XB1 or PS4 players from future tournaments. Not good for the e-sport future of Rocket League.

Salsa

custom chat should give a "really? you're writing a snarky "what a save" when you're winning by 4 goals with barely any time left? you must be really confident in your skills to only brag on an assured win you dipshit"

custom chat should give a "really? you're writing a snarky "what a save" when you're winning by 4 goals with barely any time left? you must be really confident in your skills to only brag on an assured win you dipshit"

I find it even more amusing other way around where you destroy them whole game and never give them any grief and then they FINALLY get a goal near the end and start spamming shit. It's like what game have you been watching dude?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah, I'm assuming PC/XB1 crossplay will come in the June update. So Psyonix could announce it this week when they talk about more features from the update. But since this is kind of a big deal, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold it for E3 and co-announce with MS that it's available in the update ("right now!").

Hopefully, Sony and PS4 will be in on the fun. If not, that will be very disappointing. Consider that, as drawn up, the new PC/XB1 crossplay would a) split the PC matchmaking base for PS4 players and b) still not present a solution whereby all platforms could party together in private rooms, thus isolating either XB1 or PS4 players from future tournaments. Not good for the e-sport future of Rocket League.

Well...

Wow, it didn't take long. Just received:

------------
ROCKET LEAGUE CROSS-NETWORK PLAY ARRIVES ON XBOX ONE AND STEAM PC

Psyonix Celebrates an Historic Moment in Multiplayer Gaming

SAN DIEGO, CA – May 24, 2016 – Independent videogame developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today that the sports-action hit, Rocket League™, now supports cross-­network play between the Xbox One and Steam PC versions, making it the first-ever Xbox One game to do so. Nearly 2 million Xbox One players have competed in Rocket League™ since its launch in February 2016, but starting today, that pool of teammates and opponents grows even larger.

With this new addition, players can now easily include (or not include) cross-network rivals in both public and private matches, thanks to an easy-to-find toggle check box in the Options menu.

"We're really excited to bring Xbox One and PC players closer together," said Jeremy Dunham, Vice President, Psyonix. "Cross-network play has been something that Xbox One gamers have been asking us for since the day we launched, and thanks to Microsoft's new cross-network policies, we're proud to give it to them."

Xbox One and Steam PC cross-network compatibility is scheduled to release worldwide starting 3pm PT/ 6pm ET/ 10pm UTC.
-------------

Sony, your turn now. (edit: I mean full PC/XO/PS4 cross-play, as MS said they would allow it)

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223146

No, congratulations Xboners. The likelihood of getting matched with people not on their platform just increased. Which means the likelihood of being able to not see what people write in chat just increased. Good for them. Good for us.

This is the good of it.

Great.

Just when I'm in poor form the floodgates open up for PC players to dong on me

This is the bad of it.

But it will eventually be a win/win as better competition breeds skills.

I pretty much never play 1's. Maybe half a dozen games in unranked / bots combined since the game launched. Something about the mode (missing team aspect / games feel too long) just didn't suit me.

So I've never played ranked before and figured what the hell give it 10 games. Went 10-0 and got placed in Challenger III. Isn't this way too high for placement games? Or is it just because so few people play 1's you rank up extra quick?

ADDING: got stomped 11-0 fittingly in game 11... then won next 3 games. 11-0 was probably a smurf but good learning experience.

meshwork

It's going to match you against people of the same skill. Another platform coming in to the equation makes no difference.

Well, the Xbox community's average skill level might be lower, which would mean that at the start he gets paired with objectively more skilled people who are at the same rank as he is. Not sure how big the skill gap between PC/PS4 and Xbox is though. I would assume Champions on PC/PS4 are considerably higher skilled for example, since no one who plays this game competitively plays on Xbox.

Well, the Xbox community's average skill level might be lower, which would mean that at the start he gets paired with objectively more skilled people who are at the same rank as he is. Not sure how big the skill gap between PC/PS4 and Xbox is though. I would assume Champions on PC/PS4 are considerably higher skilled for example, since no one who plays this game competitively plays on Xbox.

This. It's all about playing time.

SARPBC --> ALPHA --> PS4 / PC --> XBOX

You will have outliers that just take to the game or already played SARPBC or Rocket League on PC or PS4 (or suck no matter how long they've been playing). But overall more time spent playing = higher level of play. It's not a put down. It's just that most PC players are going to have a slight leg up on most Xbox players. A Challenger II on Xbox for example might be a Challenger I or Prospect Elite on PC.

There is also slight advantage to playing on PC w/higher FPS and less input lag.

Oh yeah and they can use that awesome trainer.

It's not a big deal as playing against better players will close whatever skill gap exists between platforms. It's definitely a good thing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh yeah I didn't consider that. Almost forgot how new the Xbox version actually is.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I think that there won't be that much of a difference. Player base always grows on every platform and the average player won't change that much. There are pros and noobs on every platform, no matter how long the game was out on that platform. Pros against pros, average against average, noobs vs noobs. No difference which platform.

+ I totally suck today.

Edit: When I usually play there are around 15-30k players on Xbox. It will be interesting to see the change tomorrow.(tomorrow, because cross-play will go live at around midnight here in germany -.-)

i hate sometimes when u wanna just chill and play standard but its nothing but quitters and AIs

i always like playing ranked more for that alone but people get angsty in rank if you make any kind of mistake

Awesome news for PC and XB1 players. Should help Xbox players ramp up more quickly, and benefits both PC and XB1 matchmaking.

Unfortunately, this will hurt PS4 matchmaking. At least those who haven't disabled crossplay. So I hope PC/XB1/PS4 matchmaking and private rooms are announced soon. From Corey's post, it doesn't sound imminent. Though maybe he's just being coy because of NDAs and such.

Attempting together back into this game on PS4. Is the community mostly dead? I've been searching for a match in Standard and it hasn't found a match after five minutes.

EDIT: I just read the last few posts. Carry on, then.

Salsa

so is the little guy icon (as opposed to Psynet) xbone people?

I just played with 3 and they were all salty dicks

won tho

Elitist1945

Went to EB Games (Canadian GameStop) to get a lanyard and pre-order some shit and found out they had Rocket League on the PS4 display so I played that for 2-hours. Don't underestimate how addictive this game can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom