• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Two questions:

Is cross-platform play already a go?

Is it possible/will it be possible to create a cross-platform party?

1) Yes
2) No, and writing a party system across 2 different platform is a helluva task so it may not happen. Private matches between formats should be addressed in a patch though.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
1) Yes.

2) No, but they are looking into a patch to add cross-platform private lobbies.

1) Yes
2) No, and writing a party system across 2 different platform is a helluva task so it may not happen. Private matches between formats should be addressed in a patch though.

Thanks guys! I missed the answer to my exact question on the last page lol.

This game is fantastic, and super fun, but man I suck right now. COM is just owning me in season. Only beat it once. Will just take some getting used to.

Is matchmaking any better?

Definitely would like to play some online matches...

nicolajNN

Played a couple ranked standard and one double, none were close, my team, though mainly me, demolished the opposition. Kinda wish new players would stay with unranked, and while it can be frustrating to be matched against a full party if you're not, I'm inclined to thing that normal standard ranked would be better than solo standard, though that could change as I play more games

Totally agree. Tex is the man and Chipper is an eternal fuck up. Hollywood is a goal scorer.

I really don't think there's a difference from what I've seen. I started off with Wolfman and Jester. Wolfman was useless so I changed to Chipper who was good for two games then sucked. Now I have Jester and Tex who were good for the one game I played with them. It seems to me like it's just random how well they play each game but I can be wrong.

BShadowJ

Played a couple ranked standard and one double, none were close, my team, though mainly me, demolished the opposition. Kinda wish new players would stay with unranked, and while it can be frustrating to be matched against a full party if you're not, I'm inclined to thing that normal standard ranked would be better than solo standard, though that could change as I play more games

That's how I feel right now lol
Although I feel that I'd prefer if every ranked mode for now didn't allow parties... Just because I lost one or two games against party teams in doubles that weren't necessarily better, but just because they communicated and could tell the other not to steal the ball LOL
Yes I'm salty... >_>

Played this for the first time last night and my god is it fun. I tried a couple of matches against the AI so I could see how it handles and then went online. The matches are chaotic but in the best possible way and scoring is really satisfying.

I've had some of the most pure fun I've felt from a game in some time. Fantastic game.

Are there no bots or replacements in ranked matches?

Earlier I was playing a 3v3 ranked match. One of my teammates quit immediately but was never replaced by a bot or other player. So I had to play a whole match 2v3!

I mean, I won 3-1 anyway, but that fucking sucks.

rObit

Banned
I'm in a hyperbolic mood so don't take this with any grain of salt: This seems like a perfect video game.

I played for like 5 hours yesterday and am hopping back into my season right after I'm done writing this post. Need to replace Merlin on my team, though. Motherfucker just slowly pushes the ball from mid-field into our own goal with no one around him like every other match.

I've not shouted and laughed so much during a game in years, this is absolutely amazing online.

I'd like to see the ability to change the quick chat messages attached to the d-pad though. Need a quicker way to put in Fury Road quotes after goals.

Gibbles17

Anyone able to comment on the overheating/fan issues? Seems to only be a concern during the menu, few posters mentioned pointing the camera at the grass seems to help. In-game unaffected?

Absolutely loving the game, running on 4 hours of sleep like everyone else. Well worth it though, friends and I are having as much with this as we did with Melee years ago, had the biggest shit-eating grin on my face all night. Can't wait to get home to try out some ranked matches.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Speaking of mini-games (well, we were before) I think it would actually be awesome if they added a racing mini-game. With the control you have over these cars, with jumping, flipping, boosting and flying, they could create some pretty damn cool tracks for you to blaze through.

Anyone able to comment on the overheating/fan issues? Seems to only be a concern during the menu, few posters mentioned pointing the camera at the grass seems to help. In-game unaffected?

Yeah, as soon as I start a match my fan slows way down. It's only an issue in the menu for me.

Finally got around to playing this game today. Holy crap, is this good!

Really thankfully so many GAF'ers have been pushing this title.

Anyone know if clan support is planned at some point?

Gibbles17

Yeah, as soon as I start a match my fan slows way down. It's only an issue in the menu for me.

Good stuff, looks like they're working on it too, hopefully an easy fix.

Servers looking any better today? Had some issues last night but followed some tips here and restricted my search to US-West/East and got into a game within 2 minutes (with 2v2 and 3v3 unranked checked). Only played a single game though, wasn't able to check it again as I realized my shift started in 6 hours O_O.

SummitAve

Banned
Concerned about playing this on my ps4. When searching for a match my fan starts ramping up in speed endlessly and I have to turn the system off when it reaches about hair dryer levels. Loudest I've ever heard my system get. God damnit.

WITHE1982

So am I right in thinking the servers are back to 100% now?

Last time I tried to connect it just said I wasn't connected to the Rocket league servers and was given the option to reconnect but the button was grayed out.

I'm finally gonna be back on it tonight after not playing at all since Monday night/Tuesday morning. I really can't wait. Hoping to finally pop the last 3 trophies I need for platinum then get into some ranked matches.

BShadowJ

It was 1010 last I looked. Just lost 2 games though.

Nice! I'm at about 600 right now, hopefully I'll be able to catch up (assuming I even have the skill for that :p)

Guys, what's with the Blacklight Retribution and Warframe references?

Well the companies are friends/like each other games and either Psyonix asked them if they could add them into the game or the other way around. Those aren't the only games mentioned, there's at least also Fenix Rage and Edge of Space.

Probably just the framerate/smoothness? There's only one map (Urban Central) that runs at a stable 60fps on PS4, all the others drop below that to various degrees.

That would explain it. I'll try Urban Central and see if it feels the same. Could also be that I'm using a 360 controller on PC.

Concerned about playing this on my ps4. When searching for a match my fan starts ramping up in speed endlessly and I have to turn the system off when it reaches about hair dryer levels. Loudest I've ever heard my system get. God damnit.

Aim your camera so it looks down at your car in the main menu. Enjoy!

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Been answered a hundred times in the last few pages, but: Turn the camera in the main menu so that it's pointing down into the ground. This will make your fan relax. There's some issue with what the game is rendering in the background in the menu that makes the PS4 go insane.

Holy shit.. I played this game for a good 4 hours with some buddies last night.

this game is some kind of crack. I mean.. damn

BB was my previous game of the year. No question this game has that spot now.

BRAVO.

edit: only complaint so far is the fan issue, didn't know I could move the camera to fix that. I will try that tonight.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Great game, but my biggest issue right now is that like TLOU it makes the fans on the PS4 go to 11. The only 2 games that do this too.

Also, what's with the 100MB save file? It kills my PS+ upload space. Absolutely no need for it to be that big.

Great game, but my biggest issue right now is that like TLOU it makes the fans on the PS4 go to 11. The only 2 games that do this too.

Also, what's with the 100MB save file? It kills my PS+ upload space. Absolutely no need for it to be that big.

Just move the camera down in the main menu. That helps alot.

Gibbles17

Holy shit.. I played this game for a good 4 hours with some buddies last night.

this game is some kind of crack. I mean.. damn

BB was my previous game of the year. No question this game has that spot now.

BRAVO.

Fucking seconded. Mentioned it above but this game is legit making me feel like a kid again. Smiling and laughing constantly with my homies. Made a hilarious shot at the start of the match where the teams collided at the center and sent the ball straight into the air. Instead of charging forward I chanced flying up with my boost right away and nailed it perfectly into the net from 100ft in the air. Feels good man.

Completely dropped Witcher 3 and Batman for this. Worst
Best
case of "one..more..game" in a long ass time.

aravuus

I've not shouted and laughed so much during a game in years, this is absolutely amazing online.

Haha yeah, same here. I keep shouting while playing this, and I'm playing with random people online. If I ever get to play this locally with some peeps, it's gonna be fucking insane

This game is fun, even though I'm objectively terrible at it, ha

I feel like I'm playing it wrong, though. Played for five or so hours with some buds last night and had a good time, and I've put in some time on my own, but I struggle mightily to make any sort of plays on the ball. I miss it a lot, and I don't even want to talk about scoring.

Any tips? I've experimented with having ball cam on/off, but it doesn't seem to make tons of difference, from what I've noticed, and the problem's been hitting the ball more than actually keeping up with it, anyway. Tried practicing some against AI, but pretty terrible there too - currently rocking an 0-3 record in season mode.

Game's really, really fun when it clicks, but I can feel frustration setting in :( Just a matter of practicing more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom