• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a lot of fun with the game but I almost wish I hadn't played the original so much back on PS3 so this can feel super fresh and new to me.

Mechazawa

Two shithead teammates on the enemy team decided to quit so I started playing for the other team and scoring on my own, haha.

Wish you could save ranked matches.

Man. Every single mode is truly great:

1v1 requires a lot of boost management.
2v2 requires solid teamwork and plays.
3v3 requires some good mix of offense and defense, a good defenseman really helps.
4v4 is too crazy, but I feel like it has lots more potential with variety maps like Utopia.

Everything really is awesome. I love the intimacy of 1v1, the tight communication in 2v2, the defensiveness of 3v3...the sheer chaos of 4v4 feels like way too much for me, but variety maps look like they'd help put some breathing room into 4v4.

MattDoza

Man. Every single mode is truly great:

1v1 requires a lot of boost management.
2v2 requires solid teamwork and plays.
3v3 requires some good mix of offense and defense, a good defenseman really helps.
4v4 is too crazy, but I feel like it has lots more potential with variety maps like Utopia.

Everything really is awesome. I love the intimacy of 1v1, the tight communication in 2v2, the defensiveness of 3v3...the sheer chaos of 4v4 feels like way too much for me, but variety maps look like they'd help put some breathing room into 4v4.

They don't call it chaos for nothin'. ;)

are you guaranteed an item drop if you're mvp in the winning team?
do all the cars have the same stats?

1 item drop after each completed match, regardless of outcome, stats, or awards.

Qvoth

1 item drop after each completed match, regardless of outcome, stats, or awards.

are you sure? i think i've had a game without a drop a few times
rocking corroded metal hotshot with flames now
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

They don't call it chaos for nothin'. ;)

Ha sure, but I only played it because we had 4 people in our party. Dont think most would touch it outside that, there's just no skill. I do hope variety maps are nice enough for 4v4, because I like the business of chaos mode, but a little more organized and spread out would be ideal. Maybe they can make a bigger map like Wasteland for it.

Also, they should definitely add some item drops behind challenges like beating unfair mode, season mode on hard, getting the platinum, getting gold in ranked, etc.

Tuck

Game was a lot of fun - played with my buddy this evening. Pretty chaotic. Sort of have to fight with the camera to get a good view on the ball, but there's definitely real skill involved here.

steelersrock01

Neo Member
Game was a lot of fun - played with my buddy this evening. Pretty chaotic. Sort of have to fight with the camera to get a good view on the ball, but there's definitely real skill involved here.

If the ball's in the air and you're having a hard time lining up shots and whatnot, try turning off the ball cam. It's a bit easier for aerial moves imo.

M.W.

Watching his stream too....makes me feel like garbage to see how skilled they are lol

I know what you mean. After I watch I jump into a game and try to do things I'm not good at, like aerials. lol

BTW, Kronovi is 18. He started playing SSARBC when he was 12. Fuck i'm old.

That was a nice 4 hour straight session. Got a little burnt out by the end. Hours go by in minutes playing this.
Good times playing with Timeaisis and V1lla21.

newsguy

That was a nice 4 hour straight session. Got a little burnt out by the end. Hours go by in minutes playing this.
Good times playing with Timeaisis and V1lla21.

It's the downside of this game. It sounds like a joke, but there's MSG or caffeine in this game. I can not put it down.

Glad servers are holding up now it seems. Played for four hours tonight with minimal issues. So much fun. I can't wait to watch some competitive tourneys. No way I will have the time or better yet skill to participate, but it will be exciting to watch.

GWX

Am I supposed to be always be using the ball cam? It's definitely helpful to see where the ball is at all times, but I can't aim shots using ball cam to save my life =(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Am I supposed to be always be using the ball cam? It's definitely helpful to see where the ball is at all times, but I can't aim shots using ball cam to save my life =(

When it pops up in the air I turn it off because you lose all sense of your surroundings, but I pretty much always have it on otherwise.

GWX

That's when people turn it off

Makes sense :lol

When it pops up in the air I turn it off because you lose all sense of your surroundings, but I pretty much always have it on otherwise.

Makes sense as well. To be honest, I'm quite terrible at managing the camera. There were so many times I wish I had standard cam on but I had ball cam on and vice-versa -.-

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Makes sense :lol

Makes sense as well. To be honest, I'm quite terrible at managing the camera. There were so many times I wish I had standard cam on but I had ball cam on and vice-versa -.-

Yeah, I still fuck up with it sometimes. Most commonly when I try to boost past a ball and block it while it heads to me goal, I usually drive all wonky and totally whiff the jump.

Cess007

Holy shit. Finally played this game with some friends, we played for like 3 hrs straight and we didn't even notice! Now i laid here in bed, thinking about playing more Rocket League D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom