• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one of my more frustrating matches, right after one of my favorite matches. We lost 7-2. It felt like I was playing against my team at times. I scored one of the goals. I was on my way to score another one (I was basically heading right for the goal, no one in front of me to stop it), but then my teammate drove across and stole the ball and attempted to score their own goal (and missed), but by that time the other team was there to take the ball the other way. The match before that, though, (not that this matters) we were all semi-pros. It just felt like a team. It felt fast and frenetic and I felt everyone participated. Everyone was aggressive, but against the opponent, like it should be.

Well I've had my 15secs of fame. 6 goals + 2 assists and 1300pts, something I am destined never to repeat as I put it down to beginners luck.

Watching Kronovi and his crew shows a whole different aspect and skill level that is outright insane and here I am struggling to make contact with a basic aerial ball.

Well I've had my 15secs of fame. 6 goals + 2 assists and 1300pts, something I am destined never to repeat as I put it down to beginners luck.

Watching Kronovi and his crew shows a whole different aspect and skill level that is outright insane and here I am struggling to make contact with a basic aerial ball.

If on PS4, did you record it with the Share button?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
ok ive learned that the 500km trophy is season or exhebition only..
which is kinda unfortune. i have allready 184 games played but only 20km driven :/

ok ive learned that the 500km trophy is season or exhebition only..
which is kinda unfortune. i have allready 184 games played but only 20km driven :/

The devs mentioned on Twitter they didn't know if it was an issue of not tracking or not displaying, so they couldn't confirm if the trophy is offline only. It doesn't sound like it's intended to be.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.

Walpurgis

Banned
My download finally finished and it turns out that this game is actually quite fun. I absolutely LOVE the split screen and the attention to detail there. This is easily the best implemented split screen in a console game because it has solved a common problem with console split screen that I didn't even know what to call. As it turns out, it is called "field of view".

Uncharted 3 and Borderlands 2 have horizontal split screen which makes me claustrophobic and forces me to sit right in front of the TV. Vertical split screen is out of the question for those games because the field of view is trash. What's great about Rocket League is that I can CUSTOMISE the field of view so that I don't feel like I am cramped in a corner when playing split screen. Because of this, I can use vertical split screen without feeling gimped.

I also appreciate being able to pause my half of the screen without affecting the other half (and button remapping). I LOVE being able to play regular multiplayer with others while in split screen. Versus mode was fun for a while but this is what gives a game longevity. This is what ensures that I will be coming back to this game for the rest of the gen since good coop games are so rare.

This is the example all developers should follow when implementing split screen.

i have it from here
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...70087-rocket-league-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

what i can definately say is that my ranked games dont count towards the driven km on the tires..

Yeah, the stats definitely aren't showing on items. I guess that's what they mean by maybe it's just not displaying but still tracking. The shared overall stats are counting (goals, wins, etc.) so even those aren't displaying per item they still are overall. I hope it counts online or that they can fix it to, I'd imagine nobody has any intention of playing that much offline.

AcridMeat

Banned
C89F676A9006A9D62728DC70D8F149BF2E8FD737
Stats so far. I still am pretty horrendous at aerials, but I am getting better. Ground game is on point though.

Played for 4-5 hours with my brother yesterday, woke up today and my voice has actually gone from shouting and screaming lol.

I'm 26. Wut.

Haven't mastered rolling yet though, it's anyone's guess where the ball is gonna go when my ass hits it.

So it still kinda baffles me why they made the Ball Cam so much harder to use from the original. Frankly, I don't remember it being that disorienting even in the alpha.

This game is really fun and addictive but what really kills it is the young people calling each people noobs and spamming messages. Grow up, kids.

Musician

So are people mostly playing this on PS4? I bought it on steam after watching all the kickass videos, but often find games starting without full teams :(

Read the fucking op : Cross platform! My gode!

barit

The feel of hinder someone score a goal while he drives alone from the mid with the ball at his hood by crashing him from behind and blow him up = priceless

I cheered like a 12 year old boy. Game is so awesome lol

tm24

Did a 2v2 where I scored 6 goals and had an amazing counter shot to score. Easily the most satisfying feeling in this game.

So my internet dropped out and kicked me out of the match, then the game crashed and now I can't start it again, just sticks on the splash screen. Tried rebooting but no luck :(

Ranked matches with randoms is life's truest test of patience. They definitely should have set a buffer before people are allowed to play ranked. Sometimes it feels like it's 5v1 because of the amount of hits, defensive centers, and defense my teammates will play against me in their haste to touch the ball no matter where or why.

Godcannon

Ranked matches are the way to go, more players play as a team. Everyone's gonna have a bad game now and again. I just did, and this guy said I suck. Luckily, I played against him next and dominated him. Sweet justice.

So my internet dropped out and kicked me out of the match, then the game crashed and now I can't start it again, just sticks on the splash screen. Tried rebooting but no luck :(

Delete and install again, unless your game/save data is the issue.

Mechazawa

Ranked matches with randoms is life's truest test of patience. They definitely should have set a buffer before people are allowed to play ranked. Sometimes it feels like it's 5v1 because of the amount of hits, defensive centers, and defense my teammates will play against me in their haste to touch the ball no matter where or why.

Yeah, people over eager to touch the ball when they should stop and think "is this an appropriate time and position to hit the ball" can really fuck you over.

But fortunately, it's been a two way street in that regard. Most of the teams I've played against in Ranked seem to be poor enough that you can kind of "carry" your team, by keeping the ball control away from not only the enemy, but also your teammates. At least at the rank I'm in at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom