• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmoglish

830988_f520.jpg

afro-hat-haircut.jpg

May exist already and the second one can be an afro (normal)

I have to say this game is a nice little suprise. Really fun to play as long as all the players are on the same skill level. I still suck at this and my timing is terrible but I can finally score a goal or two in most matches.

Jeez the bots in online are ridiculous. Was having a fairly even game 1-0 down but putting a lot of pressure on them my teammates were fairly poor though, one of their guys leaves and a bot joins and suddenly we are 6-0 down all scored by the bot Myrtle, ended the game 9-0 down cause I just couldn't bring myself to keep playing. At least 4 goals were scored from their half with ridiculous shots.

Is there any way to upload/share replays with the PC version? I'd like to make some nice gifs to convince some of my friends to buy this game.

Anybodys PS4 sound like it's taking off when playing this game? I can't normally hear it when i'm playing the game as the sound of the game gets pretty loud but when it gets to the menu or finishing a game you can really hear it.

Is there any way to upload/share replays with the PC version? I'd like to make some nice gifs to convince some of my friends to buy this game.

You need to use an external recording program to actually record the footage. Use the replay editor to get your angles then stitch them together in whatever software you use.

Dr Prob

Banned
Awwwww shit. Got a little rudimentary air stuff going on:

animation13hwoey.gif

Of course most of the time I'm failing miserably (the Javale McGee of Rocket League!), but it's still super fun.

this game is crack. first game in ages that has me doing late nights like I used to.

uk ps4 player here if anyone is looking for extra players.

feel free to add me 'Deadly_PJ'

IvanJ

Banned
Fuck, EU servers have started getting janky again. This tournament is going to be fucked.
Not good, but glad it's not just me, I thought my internet was screwed up. I was rubberbanding all over the place, my ping was fluctuating from 200-400 constantly.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yeah, I stopped playing now: Invisible cars, boosters and laggy godlike bots replacing the dropped players. :p

xBladeM6x

Does anyone know where the ESL tournament can be watched (if it all)? I remember it being mentioned that it was happening today.

Hasney

Does anyone know where the ESL tournament can be watched (if it all)? I remember it being mentioned that it was happening today.

I'll stream our matches, but I can't see any plans since it's a free for all. There's no spectator mode so they won't be able to join and stream.

qazqaNii

Jesus christ I just ragequit two ranked matches, the reason is because of the lagg there was invisible players. Does anyone if you lose ranking points if you leave?

Vitanimus

Awwwww shit. Got a little rudimentary air stuff going on:

animation13hwoey.gif

Of course most of the time I'm failing miserably (the Javale McGee of Rocket League!), but it's still super fun.

omgggg i never even though about using boosts while in the air

i always get my timing wrong when using the jump and spend most of the match trying to hit the ball, missing, and then doing a 180 towards the ball
pwou69d.gif

SSReborn

Yeah, I stopped playing now: Invisible cars, boosters and laggy godlike bots replacing the dropped players. :p
Holy shit at the bots first game I had to go online to actually prepare for the bots usually it's reverse lol

First game in a while where me and a couple friends pulled all nighters. Even worse was that the opponents were there all night with us. Game is addictive and has that just one more match factor.

The Cowboy

This is what I'm talking about.
shadowaeb09.gif

It only seems to happen on a couple of the stadiums, or at least its only noticeable on a couple.

I've tried changing every effect on and off, forcing AF via CCC, disabling AA, forcing AA - no matter what this visual issue persists.
So is no one else getting this graphical issue?, really annoys me when i play this stadium as its very distracting.

If you've had the issue and figured out a fix, please let me know - thanks.

Paganmoon

So is no one else getting this graphical issue?, really annoys me when i play this stadium as its very distracting.

If you've had the issue and figured out a fix, please let me know - thanks.

On PS4 so can't help, but could it be due to shadows? And have you tried different car, with different "hat" (to see if it's the shadow from the tophat)

The Cowboy

On PS4 so can't help, but could it be due to shadows? And have you tried different car, with different "hat" (to see if it's the shadow from the tophat)
Tried all the cars and with no cosmetics on them at all, also put everything from low to high and it never changes (in fact, I'd say at lower settings its even easier to see it).

Its really weird, i can't see it at all on some of the stadiums, but it could be because they are covered with grass - its easy to spot on this stadium because it has a lot of gravel.

geardo

My god is this game fun. I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm still having a blast. It reminds me of that stupid mini-game from Rayman Legends.

Got a few games in online. Awesome stuff. Much more addictive when online!

I was in a nice evenly matched group though, even when the teams swapped after each game it was still pretty even.

The last match was a 1-0 effort, but an exciting one, and I scored the only goal and that made me happy.

Got a few games in online. Awesome stuff. Much more addictive when online!

I was in a nice evenly matched group though, even when the teams swapped after each game it was still pretty even.

The last match was a 1-0 effort, but an exciting one, and I scored the only goal and that made me happy.

1-0 matches in this game can be more tense and entertaining than traditional sports games. Well done!

Kinsella

Banned
omgggg i never even though about using boosts while in the air

i always get my timing wrong when using the jump and spend most of the match trying to hit the ball, missing, and then doing a 180 towards the ball
pwou69d.gif

It's called flying in the advanced tutorial. It's hard to get it right, but when you do it feels so good.

Glomby

I'm not the best but probably also not the worst. If someone likes to add me, I'd be interested in some 2v2 or 3v3s with actual teammates who don't just rush the ball every time.

PSN: sglomb

DBT85

Sent my brother a text to tell him to check the videos out and that it was on PS+.

He's loving it!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough so that I can play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom