• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Is there any site/resource that lists some of the more valuable tradeable items? I just opened a few crates and have a handful of certified and painted items, but I don't know where to figure out what would be a fair trade for them.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any site/resource that lists some of the more valuable tradeable items? I just opened a few crates and have a handful of certified and painted items, but I don't know where to figure out what would be a fair trade for them.

There's that spreadsheet, but I would ignore the values completely - instead you could take it as a reference of what's perceived as more "valuable" over others. For painted wheels - usually Sky Blue, Pink and the bright colors are preferred.

There's that spreadsheet, but I would ignore the values completely - instead you could take it as a reference of what's perceived as more "valuable" over others. For painted wheels - usually Sky Blue, Pink and the bright colors are preferred.
What spreadsheet?

LordofPwn

Had the urge to play tonight. Quite possibly had my best pick-up match ever. Me and 2 randoms (just off of an overtime loss where we were up most of the game) against a 3 person team. I had 4 goals, 1 assist, and 5 shots for 750 points. This performance was only good enough for 3rd on my team. We won 11-1, everyone had a hat-trick. The opponents had finally scored with 41 seconds remaining to make it 7-1. We scored 4 more goals in 41 seconds, 2 of those were mine.

RL rly is one of the best games of all time..

Huh. Wow.

Played some doubles with a friend last night but before we started we turned off chat completely.

We went on a 9-1 tear and I went from Challenger III Div 3 to Challenger Elite Div 2.

I think turning off the chat really helps. It never really bothered me to begin with, but every once and a while you'd get that comment that gets under your skin. This time around. absolutely no distractions. Just wins.

Yeah, sometimes the salt or lack thereof can have a big effect on your game. I played doubles for the first time yesterday since near the beginning of the season. I quickly went from Challenger 2 Div 2 to Challenger 3 Div 2, winning probably 8 out of ten or thereabouts. It was easier to rank up because I haven't played as many games in that list.

However, in one of the games I lost, I didn't play poorly but missed a few things. Not critical mistakes, but my teammate said "Wow!" after seemingly every non-perfect hit. Then after the game said "tutorial." Uh, I know how to play the game. In fact I was the best player in most of my wins yesterday in doubles (and I'm very self-critical, so I'm not exaggerating), but I played tentatively that one game because that guy's passive aggressive comments. Seriously, I'd rather have a teammate say "What a save!" after missing an easy save than the constant "Wow!" after everything I do.

So I went in to Solo Standard after that and was too tentative. Ended up losing more than I won, and had a guy say "c'mon optimus" at the end of one game. I didn't make many mistakes that game, but wasn't in the flow of that game as much as I could have been. They were ball chasing, but I should have been more assertive. The funny thing is one game I tried to be very aggressive. I knew I was ball chasing, but I said screw it. Ended up scoring a meaningless zero-second short aerial goal to lose 2-1. I had our only goal and more points than my teammates. But I knew I didn't play well. If I was a douche, I would have said something like "noob teammates" or "can't get any help." Sometimes, I wish they didn't even show the points at the end of the game. Instead they could show centers and clears along with the other stats.

Anyway, it's like one step forward, two steps back with this game sometimes. I'm thinking next time I play Solo Standard, I might just turn off chat for a bit. Done that before and it's helped. Not as much (productive) communication in that list anyway.

I have a couple questions for some of the higher level players that I could really use some help with. I've been trying to break down some of my plays and improve any areas where I'm a bit lacking and there's two thing I've noticed. One trick I can't figure out at all and another I need to refine. So for refinement I need a couple tips with my wall drags.

I can chip it off and follow the ball fine often getting the finishing touches but I've recently noticed I often fail to launch in direct contact. So if I'm launching the ball a bit far from me what would typically be the cause? Is it poor jump timing or not following close enough and having to boost too much at the launch? I'm trying to nail what my error is and it seems to be either jump or boost timing.

Second, does anyone have a tutorial for that trick the pros use where they pop it off the bonnet into a direct air drag? I've been trying it for a while and I've yet to get it right. I always mess up the launch and throw it either in front or behind myself rather than getting that motion of it rolling up the car as you tilt back.

Salsa

I know we dont have a trading thread or anything but might as well post here that im only lookin for Takumi stuff and got a bunch of skins / shit for other cars so

hit me up

I have a couple questions for some of the higher level players that I could really use some help with. I've been trying to break down some of my plays and improve any areas where I'm a bit lacking and there's two thing I've noticed. One trick I can't figure out at all and another I need to refine. So for refinement I need a couple tips with my wall drags.

I can chip it off and follow the ball fine often getting the finishing touches but I've recently noticed I often fail to launch in direct contact. So if I'm launching the ball a bit far from me what would typically be the cause? Is it poor jump timing or not following close enough and having to boost too much at the launch? I'm trying to nail what my error is and it seems to be either jump or boost timing.

Second, does anyone have a tutorial for that trick the pros use where they pop it off the bonnet into a direct air drag? I've been trying it for a while and I've yet to get it right. I always mess up the launch and throw it either in front or behind myself rather than getting that motion of it rolling up the car as you tilt back.

For wall dribble if you want to keep the ball close to you, you want to be going at the same speed or a little slower than the ball. If you are going faster than the ball it's going to pop further out / away and you'll need to use more boost to catch up with it.

My tip for ground to air dribbles is don't bother with them :) as they are probably hardest move in the game and don't have a great risk / reward ratio. A chip or lob follow will get the same job done and is much easier to pull off consistently.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTduN0wfscTM7jPE8mnz_mq_768MR2Jby9jB49ti8gU/edit?usp=sharing

Please please please do not take this list as gospel. The values are *entirely* made up, but you can look at things relatively and see what's considered more valuable.

Yeah it's off or outdated. I've been trying to trade my Dominus GT (7 keys according to spreadsheet) and Crimson Sunbursts (13 keys) for Slipstream (15 keys) and can't even get a sniff. Dominus is somewhat accurate but I think the tires are way off. Still not sure on how much they should fetch.

It really sucks being a Paladin user as there are no car specific animated decals and trading on PS4 is a colossal waste of time so far. Hoping new crate has some love for my bae!! :)

I know we dont have a trading thread or anything but might as well post here that im only lookin for Takumi stuff and got a bunch of skins / shit for other cars so

hit me up

What are you looking for? I've got Anubis and Whizzle (PS4) decals if you want them. You can have them for whatever as I have no use for them.

For wall dribble if you want to keep the ball close to you, you want to be going at the same speed or a little slower than the ball. If you are going faster than the ball it's going to pop further out / away and you'll need to use more boost to catch up with it.

My tip for ground to air dribbles is don't bother with them :) as they are probably hardest move in the game and don't have a great risk / reward ratio. A chip or lob follow will get the same job done and is much easier to pull off consistently.

Thanks! Yeah it seems my speed was a little high at take off and I was sometimes giving it a bit of boost to early on some takeoffs and putting myself out of position. I'm getting a more consistent drag now with the ball staying in contact for the most part. You're probably right on the ground to air dribble too, it seems to require immense precision but as you say there are other simpler ways of doing a similar job.

Yeah it's off or outdated. I've been trying to trade my Dominus GT (7 keys according to spreadsheet) and Crimson Sunbursts (13 keys) for Slipstream (15 keys) and can't even get a sniff. Dominus is somewhat accurate but I think the tires are way off. Still not sure on how much they should fetch.

It really sucks being a Paladin user as there are no car specific animated decals and trading on PS4 is a colossal waste of time so far. Hoping new crate has some love for my bae!! :)

Yeah the pricing has completely fell off a cliff. I've pretty much cashed in on anything I didn't plan to keep and am now trying to sell on my crate collection as the price will surely tank. Speaking of which, won't the update be a few hours away now? They usually drop them around midnight GMT.

Peltz

Hi all. I'm a PS4 Rocket League vet that is now playing it on my Macbook Pro while traveling.

The game runs fantastic on my machine. I'm getting full framerate with everything turned up to the max other than real time shadows and motion blur (which are checked off). And I'm not using much anti-aliasing either.

However, one issue I have is that explosions (when a car rams into another at full speed) drops my framerate down to zero temporarily and my screen freezes for about a full second. Is there any way to disable the explosion effect or turn it down? I am playing the Mac Beta version of the game by the way... in case it matters.

It'd be because everyone is waiting for the update

Yeah I know, shoulda cashed in a few days earlier I guess but I didn't know the update was at the start of the month until last night. Oh well. Hopefully the market eventually stabilizes a bit because right now values are all over the place. The last few days it seems trading really slowed down across multiple sites due to everyone wanting an ultra low price but only selling at extortionate prices.

Just moved and scrambling to get I ternet I. The new place before the update hits. All those sweet overpriced day one crates...

Seems we have a similar idea. Finally managed to cash in most of my crates too and now I'm planning to farm and sell the new ones and amass a key collection. Should hopefully get enough to buy me some more painted lightning wheels or a new BM if they're any good and for whatever items are in the crates I'll either open a few after the gold rush or just trade crates for them. Wonder how much these CC3 will sell for at first.

or-breakout-type-s.jpg

I would like one of those, please.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Alchemist
Almas
Dieci
Falco
Invader
Neptune
Octavian
OEM
Spyder
Stern
Veloce
Vortex

Forget Trahere wheels. I don't even understand why they chose these to be available in different colors.

Edit: Psyonix, if you read this: Make Spyder, Stallion, Tempest, Tomahawk and Vortex wheels available in different colors.

-------------

Edit:
◾Rumble Mode has received a few balance adjustments to the Spike power-up. ◾The Plunger and Haymaker power-ups can now affect a ball attached to a player by spikes. They do not detach the ball from the player, but can disrupt the ball’s trajectory and take the player with it.
◾Players using the Spike power-up with an attached ball are now slightly less agile than before.

Most important changes right there.

bjaelke

Rocket League @RocketLeague
HEADS-UP: The #AquaDome patch will start rolling out at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST today! Enjoy. 🌊

Salsa

some dude is telling me people are buying the fuckin alpha set for $1200USD wuuut

I only have the alpha hat for some reason, they never gave me the other stuff

Found my new boost. Ink Blot looks amazing. Damnit this move has the worst timing ever. Gonna need to buy a wifi adapter for my PC till I can get hard wired.

Not feeling these crate 3 items at all. I like the breakout design but I never use it. Other than that the new boosts look pretty sweet but the wheels just look lame. They both seem to lack any interesting tread patterning unless I missed something and one of the sets looks like redesigned loopers.

some dude is telling me people are buying the fuckin alpha set for $1200USD wuuut

I only have the alpha hat for some reason, they never gave me the other stuff

I think Paschy bought an Alpha Hat or something like that from Linkuru for 1k so I kind of believe it.

shit

if I had a reliable way to do that for that amount i'd obviously do it

I know they have middle men for large cash payments on the subreddit. The only problem is of course they have an extremely long time to reverse charges. It may be worth looking into the prices they sell for on there though and how they handle those sorts of things. I know the middle man never holds the money only the item, but I'm not sure how long they hold the item. It could be long enough to make reversing charges a non issue or it may only be until the user has accepted the payment on their end.

Salsa

also I cant handle the crate system

never played a game with it

opened 2 crate #3s and got shitty decals for cars I dont play with

and they always stopped RIGHT NEXT to fuckin AMAZEBALLS BOOST or something

I lose my shit

also I cant handle the crate system

never played a game with it

opened 2 crate #3s and got shitty decals for cars I dont play with

and they always stopped RIGHT NEXT to fuckin AMAZEBALLS BOOST or something

I lose my shit
This is why I just stockpile crates and then try to trade them for the few items I want. No money spent that way either.

meshwork

hit me up

I have some Takumi Whizzle decals just collecting dust here. I'll add you on steam :)

Top Bottom