• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Has anyone tried the new cars? I kind of like Triton. It's a pretty long car like Dominus but it feels like it dribbles a bit better too. Only issue is the nose throws me off a bit.

Unicorn

Aquadome is GORGEOUS.

Also, Hotshot retouching is fucking top notch. Totally need to get a preset going for it.

Something that's been growing in how much it bothers me is the Labyrinth skin's dark blotches on the center point of all chassis and some cars it is really not lined up in symmetry. nitpick, but yeah.

I noticed I can throw crate items into the trade grinder if I put a non-crate same-tier item in first. Does this mean that I am throwing them out to try and find a general "free" item of the next rarity level, or can I do 4 non-crate items and a crate item to potentially trade up to a crate item? Starting with a crate item limits it to crate-only items, so I assume that's the only way to trade up for crate items.

I did trade up and get Zeta wheels. Can we trade up and end up with painted wheels?

bjaelke

First C3 crate

Z1yZUHJ.png

Man that new Crate drop looks amazing. Seriously, those wheels, the new Breakout, the boosts.

question: it's been a while since I played-- what are the best cars overall? Did they change performance on any of them?

I know Breakout was considered top tier, but what were the other best cars? Presumably, the bigger ones are still more sluggish

Also, how do you guys sell crates? Do you sell them for real money with other players? Or do you guys just trade content?

Is it illegal to ask for money? I assume this system borrows from CS:GO, in which there is an actual real life market?

Are we cool with trade offer posts in here?

I have 1 CC1, 1 CC3, and 8 CC2s I'd like to trade for some keys. I'm thinking 7 or so? I'm on PC if anyone's interested.

Did they nerf the crate drop rate or something? It's taking forever now.

Also, how do you guys sell crates? Do you sell them for real money with other players? Or do you guys just trade content?

Is it illegal to ask for money? I assume this system borrows from CS:GO, in which there is an actual real life market?

Asking for money is against the TOS. You can trade them for content, or more keys which is as close as you will get to an in game currency. You CAN trade cash in certain communities but doing so risks a permanent account suspension IIRC.

Are we cool with trade offer posts in here?

I have 1 CC1, 1 CC3, and 8 CC2s I'd like to trade for some keys. I'm thinking 7 or so? I'm on PC if anyone's interested.

I'd suggest taking your CC3 to reddit and selling it for 3 keys while you can. Right now the 1's are even a hard sell and nobody is going for the CC2's at all right now from my experience. I'm sitting on a few gathered before the update and they're not an easy sell. CC3 on the other hand go like wildfire.

I'd suggest taking your CC3 to reddit and selling it for 3 keys while you can. Right now the 1's are even a hard sell and nobody is going for the CC2's at all right now from my experience. I'm sitting on a few gathered before the update and they're not an easy sell. CC3 on the other hand go like wildfire.
I would but I'm not a reddit guy, unfortunately.

I know CC2s aren't worth much but I'd like to get rid of all of them at once.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't believe the crates are selling for three keys. That shit is absurd

I just trade them away for whatever crate items I want. I traded a 3 for Pixel boost alone last night. Should have probably tried to get Polygon too but whatever

I can't believe the crates are selling for three keys. That shit is absurd

I just trade them away for whatever crate items I want. I traded a 3 for Pixel boost alone last night. Should have probably tried to get Polygon too but whatever

It IS extortionate, but the majority of the people dropping that many keys on them are the same people asking the earth for their other items. It kind of balances itself out since you can sell them the crates at high prices while they hope for a Breakout to sell for 20+ keys then you can use those profits to buy their overpriced painted exotic wheels from them when their prices fall on the next crate drops.

I would but I'm not a reddit guy, unfortunately.

I know CC2s aren't worth much but I'd like to get rid of all of them at once.

There's also a trading thread on the Steam community. I'd say that one actually has items changing hands faster to be honest.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/tradingforum/

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It IS extortionate, but the majority of the people dropping that many keys on them are the same people asking the earth for their other items. It kind of balances itself out since you can sell them the crates at high prices while they hope for a Breakout to sell for 20+ keys then you can use those profits to buy their overpriced painted exotic wheels from them when their prices fall on the next crate drops.
Yeah, that's true.

It sucks there was a big Steam Market backlash at the time they added this - the system as a whole would have been better out in the open with market correction.

Pejo

Aquadome is gorgeous, probably my favorite arena now.

Hey question for PC players, is there a way to mod the game to play its own music during games? I love the soundtrack but the only time I get to hear it is during the menu screens, which I'm barely on.

Having no luck getting a BM decal for my beloved Paladin, I started branching out with other cars I *do* have animated decals for and am playing great with those cars. Key for me is slower turning radius and body shape -- anything similar to Paladin fits like a glove. X-Devil / Venom / Takumi all part of rotation now.

This coincides with a huge step up in my play. I don't know what happened but I started playing less often and just took the next step. Every aerial / wall game is on point. Oozing confidence to defend any shot. Positioning is so natural to me now the game almost feels like dancing. It's a beautiful thing but also weird as not used to being best player on field and the extra attention it sometimes gets (demo attempts are flattering!)

Gonna keep riding this high until the Rocket Gods lay the smack down on me and I suddenly become inept at everything :)

Got one C3 so far and got X-Devil snakeskin which looks sick so pretty happy with that. I know I should just trade 'em but I am addicted to spinning the wheel and have had decent luck so far outside of not getting any BM decals.

Aquadome looks good but it also gives me a headache for some reason

I think I strain to see better

It's that fucking double-vision ball effect glitch. Psyonix needs to fix that a.s.a.p. as it ruins an otherwise great map. All maps should have sharks XD

TheKeyPit

Banned
25-30 games on XB1 in rumble an no aquadome, wtf!

Is it even in Rumble mode?

---------

I have three C1 crates and one C3 crate. I'm trying to get more C3 crates and trade all of this for a Breakout Type S. How many crates do I need for such a trade? What do you think?

Zanosuke

Omg I'm SO happy! Didn't see a crate for almost all day and get two cc3. Guess what?! Get type S in one and dark matter on the other. Together they are pure sex! Also, traded up some random items and got zeta wheels titanium white and they look awesome <3

---------

I have three C1 crates and one C3 crate. I'm trying to get more C3 crates and trade all of this for a Breakout Type S. How many crates do I need for such a trade? What do you think?

I'd say a lot since they're going for a lot of keys, but being XBL the market is entirely different since you can't trade keys. I think you may be able to get one for like 10 C3. Can't see the C1 going for much right now, best to wait until the C3 rush dies down to sell them again.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

---------

Just wait for C4 crates to come out. Get one day one and trade it for a Breakout Type S by itself

No Love

Banned
Having no luck getting a BM decal for my beloved Paladin, I started branching out with other cars I *do* have animated decals for and am playing great with those cars. Key for me is slower turning radius and body shape -- anything similar to Paladin fits like a glove. X-Devil / Venom / Takumi all part of rotation now.

This coincides with a huge step up in my play. I don't know what happened but I started playing less often and just took the next step. Every aerial / wall game is on point. Oozing confidence to defend any shot. Positioning is so natural to me now the game almost feels like dancing. It's a beautiful thing but also weird as not used to being best player on field and the extra attention it sometimes gets (demo attempts are flattering!)

Gonna keep riding this high until the Rocket Gods lay the smack down on me and I suddenly become inept at everything :)

Got one C3 so far and got X-Devil snakeskin which looks sick so pretty happy with that. I know I should just trade 'em but I am addicted to spinning the wheel and have had decent luck so far outside of not getting any BM decals.

It's that fucking double-vision ball effect glitch. Psyonix needs to fix that a.s.a.p. as it ruins an otherwise great map. All maps should have sharks XD

I find that every time my game goes up a level it's when I didn't play for a few weeks and when I get back to it I'm better than ever.

I find that every time my game goes up a level it's when I didn't play for a few weeks and when I get back to it I'm better than ever.

You and me both. I also get way worse when I play too often. Only problem is right now I want those CC3 to sell on so I'm cramming in as much playtime as I can, yet I'm actively getting worse as a result. Three days ago I was rocket powered jesus taking multiple freestyle goals each game, then the next day everything went to crap and I've been cycling cars again deciding which will truly be my main and sucking with all of them. I should take a break but it means missing easy keys nowadays.

Bollocks

damn the new map looks gorgeous, I like the Bioshock feel to it.

also with my first c3 crate drop I got the disco lights rims, they look amazing.

Grinchy

Banned
Why did you guys give the Ink boost such a bad sound! I love how it looks but cannot stand the sound of it. =(

Yep, that's exactly what I kept telling my friend when we were playing earlier. I tried to put up with it, but now I just want to never use it again. It looks so cool, too :(

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ranked Doubles solo queue... 3 stupid losses... 1 Division down... I was so pissed that I had to open my C3 crate to be more pissed because of the item I would get. I got Troika wheels. They are now my wheels for team blue cars.

Aquadome is GORGEOUS.

I noticed I can throw crate items into the trade grinder if I put a non-crate same-tier item in first. Does this mean that I am throwing them out to try and find a general "free" item of the next rarity level, or can I do 4 non-crate items and a crate item to potentially trade up to a crate item? Starting with a crate item limits it to crate-only items, so I assume that's the only way to trade up for crate items.

I did trade up and get Zeta wheels. Can we trade up and end up with painted wheels?

I got Zetas too, also my import Takumi via trading up crate items so I *think* you should be able to trade up for import wheels (Chakrams) which of course if lucky could be painted.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got Zetas too, also my import Takumi via trading up crate items so I *think* you should be able to trade up for import wheels (Chakrams) which of course if lucky could be painted.

Wait, what? You can trade 5 same rarity crate items for 1 higher rarity crate item?

Yup. I don't remember exactly what I traded but I think they were all duplicate rare (or very rare?) decals I got from crates. I was pleasantly surprised. My guess is imports are equivalents of the 4 very rare trails you can trade up to. Makes sense there would be something you can trade crate items in for but obviously not the black market stuff.

EDIT: can confirm it's very rare crate items for Import Items as I just traded some in and got Pixel Fire boost. So in theory everyone going nuts to get Breakout Type-S, Hypernova and Dark Matter imports could get those items via trading in 5 very rare items. Only thing I'm not certain of is do all very rare items have to be from same crate series or can you mix and match BUT I only have got 2 c3 crates so far and Pixel Fire is c3 so only 1-2 of the 5 very rares I traded were from c3.

Crates seem to be generally 2 keys for CC3. 1 for CC1. 1 key for 2 CC2.

This reddit and it's discord are the best places to trade.
I think CC3s coming out has greatly reduced the value of CC1s and CC2s, at least temporarily. I traded two CC3s for 5 keys last night but haven't had any luck getting interest on my older crates.

That said, I wonder if this will reverse in a few weeks time. I'd imagine the drop rate for CC1s and CC2s is lower now to make CC3s the most commonly dropped crate, which could raise the value of the older crates in time. Until then I'm just going to sit on what I have.

Wait, what? You can trade 5 same rarity crate items for 1 higher rarity crate item?

Yes, within the same crate series. Can include duplicates.

For example, items from C1 crates:

5 Rare items (e.g., Breakout Vice) for 1 Very Rare item (e.g., Chakrams, with a chance for painted ones)
5 Very Rare items for 1 Import item
5 Import items for 1 Exotic item (including a chance the wheels are painted)

You can't trade up Exotic items to BM decals. Also, if you try to trade up items across different crate series, it will give you an error.

People have been collecting less desirable crate items (like the Road Hog XL or perhaps Trinity) to trade up for painted wheels.

14 keys and counting. About 10 more and I can probably get me some purple lightning wheels. I'm debating what to do with my CC1 and CC2. I could sell at discount or trade them for V rare CC3 items and hope for Breakout. Then the battle becomes selling it since I really want one for myself but the price is high right now.

5 Rare items (e.g., Breakout Vice) for 1 Very Rare item (e.g., Chakrams, with a chance for painted ones)

You can't trade up Exotic items to BM decals. Also, if you try to trade up items across different crate series, it will give you an error.

People have been collecting less desirable crate items (like the Road Hog XL or perhaps Trinity) to trade up for painted wheels.

Sweet! Great breakdown and it's nice to know that even if you get crap you can eventually upgrade to better stuff.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Wow :O

Nete

I've finally decided to create a thread on /r/RocketLeagueExchange. I can't wait for all the scamming attempts and shitty offers.

Top Bottom