• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Heh, getting troll group invites after a match on Steam. New low, but I do have all chat disabled, so all good.

Pretty bad week of demotions from RS V til CE II. Ah well, typical rocket league really, never expect much from randoms.

Fun times.

Soulflarz

Banned
aww, my consistency is all gone! too tired or something
champ 3, haven't been beaten by a team without a gc besides this one guy who played better than the GCs :p

shooting star 4->all star 5 4 in 1s for the night

Merry Christmas to all the douches in unranked tonight. Quitters, screamers, idlers, shit talkers, I saw it all tonight.

wha o_O

Anyone else having trouble with lag? My friend stopped playing recently because he said he only lags a lot in this game and all of his other games are fine. (PC)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's so frustrated consistently getting 500+ points with 6 shots in doubles and your team mate is holding you back forcing you to lose.

Getting a high score total means almost nothing. If you're just flying around attacking every ball you may be the problem.

Edit- and this speaks to my point earlier where I despise when teammates spam "take the shot!" At me when they center the ball poorly or they want me to attack despite them being way out of position.

Anyone else having trouble with lag? My friend stopped playing recently because he said he only lags a lot in this game and all of his other games are fine. (PC)

Tons of it. The weird thing is most of the time the ping is fine, it's this strange sort of stutter lag. I have a few videos saves where it's real bad. Ping in the 200s happens every 5-10 rounds for me as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
Just finished a BO3 with Mccluvin

UE31JtE.jpg

0OqsXGy.jpg

tZlVuiQ.png

WsmHGE5.png

Edit: welp, wanted EU matches also
...gave up after another win
3-1 Soulflarz lel

Jameson

Played 6 games today where people are afking by running in place, haven't seen this into recently. it's getting annoying playing all these 2v3s.

Merry Christmas to all the douches in unranked tonight. Quitters, screamers, idlers, shit talkers, I saw it all tonight.

And douches who park in front me goaltending that blocks me, and the ones who clear the ball TOWARDS our goal, the ones who insist on beating me to balls with worse angles, the ones who let offensive plays develop unhindered, the ones who jump up into me when I aerial, the ones who hesitate until its time to get blown past...

Bollocks

Today is one of those days again.
I lost count how many times I saved the ball only for my teammate to let the follow up shot in which most of the time was easier to save, ok whatever solo3's.

Standard, Superstar, ball is in the corner I'm in goal about to clear it, nope, teammate centers it instead.
Hustle back to go on D, teammate and opponent fight for the ball, ok power drift, disable ball cam, looks good, enable ball cam suddenly cam is over my head and goal, fucker owngoaled it with no pressure.
We score, kickoff, our guy is afk, goalie also chokes.
Would like to dribble the ball, teammate crashes into me.
The only thing missing today is a 2v3 loss.

They should really make it easier to export replays, so I can document some of the things I have to deal with.

But at least I reassured me it's not me, it's them.
Get totally outclassed by other team, get matched with them again and 2 goal deficit win.

e: oh I forgot, one time a guy while we were hustling back on d decided to stop at a fucking boost pad and I'm not talking about the ones in the corner.... suffice to say we got scored on.

I suck so bad at RL today. I got an Elite controller and whilst I absolutely adore it (it feels premium just to hold) I'm really not used to it at all, It's certainly affecting my play. Ironically as a counterpoint though, it feels tighter in a sense, probably due to actually having some rubber on the L stick.

Again, post a replay, let us help you :x

(Reality: dont play solo 3s probably rip)

Damn, that's a method I hadn't thought of. Going to have to bear that in mind since my chances to play are still slim atm.

Just had a nice little unexpected Christmas surprise. I was playing against I am A Tree and some of his friends, which was pretty cool in itself seeing as he played for my first favorite pro team, Team Rocket. But then the icing on the cake! (Dyno=Me)

It was a joy and honor to beat a pro, let alone one I used to watch all the matches for. I'm not playing very well today either mechanically due to the controller change so hopefully my overall strategy is improving.

That last second pass in the first shot...

Bollocks

Yeah at the start of the season I beat a grand champion in a 2v3, we where down too, hence our 3rd guy bailed but we actually played better without him :D
got sweaty at the end because I thought no way, proudest moment of my rl career so far lol

but goes to show how your teammates can drag you down, not even a grand champion is immune

Anyone on GAF trading a ZSR on PC? Things I can offer towards one are:

4x CC1
3x CC2
2x CC3
5x CC4
Forest Green Dieci
Forest Green Spyder
Crimson Invader
Grey OEM

I know Reddit's really the place to do it but I just can't be bothered to sift through looking for the 1 in a million who are trading for stuff other than keys right now.

Edit: Scratch that, got one finally!

TheKeyPit

Banned
I don't miss this game
yet
. I see some clips in the Community tab on my Xbox and think "I could play one match right now" but I don't want to.

Same, I have 20+ with about 6 CC4. I'd love Octane ZSR or Breakout.

Still missing Dominus, Breakout, and Octane.

i have two dominus gts and an octane zsr if you wanted to set up a trade for one or both

edit: just add me on steam
/id/suspchaos
since i dont monitor this thread much

Grinchy

Banned
It's great when you finally get another painted wheel drop and then you realize it's grey Veloce wheels...

J2Uzi6z.png

The bottom pic is the standard ones, the top one is the grey variant. What an amazing drop! If you squint your eyes hard enough, you can almost see them in-game!

Unicorn

PSY・S;227408662 said:
LOL. When was the treasure trail added? I've been out of the loop.

added with the underwater stage and those items. I keep trading in my dupes in hopes of attaining it, but have gotten 2 of the starfish wheels and a hideou clam topper I traded in.

I did recently get the yellow lightning trail! is there only blue and yellow of that? Would kill for pink.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
How is ranked play? I'm starting to get really annoyed by the amount of people AFK'ing or not defending/holding back. Am I being unreasonable to expect that someone stays near the goal to protect it if the opposition hit the ball near it? You won't always have the time to speed from one end to another and get a good save. I do it. 2 up front and I hold back to keep it covered but of course if I can get forward too then I will to help them out. I know it's not to be taken too serious since it's unranked but you can't just leave your goal open!

added with the underwater stage and those items. I keep trading in my dupes in hopes of attaining it, but have gotten 2 of the starfish wheels and a hideou clam topper I traded in.

I did recently get the yellow lightning trail! is there only blue and yellow of that? Would kill for pink.

If you're still angling for it in the new year I have one I don't want that I'll throw atcha for free.

Yellow lightning was only recently added and there's only two colours at the moment :(

88random

How is ranked play? I'm starting to get really annoyed by the amount of people AFK'ing or not defending/holding back. Am I being unreasonable to expect that someone stays near the goal to protect it if the opposition hit the ball near it? You won't always have the time to speed from one end to another and get a good save. I do it. 2 up front and I hold back to keep it covered but of course if I can get forward too then I will to help them out. I know it's not to be taken too serious since it's unranked but you can't just leave your goal open!

It's the same in ranked, at least until you get to the blue ranks. It was a big problem until I realized that if we want to win I have to watch our goal for the majority of the match, because teammates aren't going to do it. Yeah, you do not score as much, but at least you're winning. When you get to the blues you can play more offensive, people usually know rotations .

dsk1210

It's the same in ranked, at least until you get to the blue ranks. It was a big problem until I realized that if we want to win I have to watch our goal for the majority of the match, because teammates aren't going to do it. Yeah, you do not score as much, but at least you're winning. When you get to the blues you can play more offensive, people usually know rotations .

Ranked is where you play when you feel in the mood.

Some days I do a little casual to see how I am Playing first then head into ranked, I am really starting to dislike the amount of times I end with star map and neon tokyo though.

I much prefer the standard shape pitches.

Yup. It's kind of a must to stay back / play goal until at least blues and if you do push up with the ball you better score OR pass and immediately bust your ass back. It requires patience and discipline and you will still lose games but you will win more than you lose.

Only problem is if one of your teammates plays the same style. Ideally the two of you could rotate like in 2's and ignore the 3rd but that can be confusing if you mistake bad (non-rotating) teammate for good one. And instead, if one of you becomes the aggressor, will you / they trust the other to stay back the whole game?

Thankfully most of the time it's 2 ball chasers and if they have just enough skill between them to score a few goals you should win as you won't give up any easy goals and can usually tack on a goal or two off of power clears / breakaways. And once opposing team goes down a couple goals they usually self implode via tilt / salting each other.

dickroach

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate that new space level with the corners. really.

Unicorn

If you're still angling for it in the new year I have one I don't want that I'll throw atcha for free.

Yellow lightning was only recently added and there's only two colours at the moment :(
The real MVP!

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate that new space level with the corners. really.
I hated it in labs/rumble and I hate it now. Why does wasteland get such vitriol but this slides through?!

Grinchy

Banned
The space level is awesome. I like it almost as much as Neo Tokyo. They just need to change up the ground textures in the space level and maybe work on the way the ball has such weird bounces every now and then.

88random

Damn, that timing.

I hated it in labs/rumble and I hate it now. Why does wasteland get such vitriol but this slides through?!

For me, the biggest problem with Wasteland is that the ground is angled on the sides, so when you try to do the front flip to get up to speed the car sometimes scrapes the ground and it ends up slowing you instead.
But yeah, the space map is the worst, it should not be in ranked.

DoT2

Hey gaf, I'm looking for some friends on rocket league, preferably friendly people that don't mind losing cause I'm not that great..

I've recently discovered my love for this game and I'm actively working on improving my game. I'm currently a prospect elite rank in doubles and would prefer to either doubles or 3's.

Anyone want to be friends? I play on steam and PS4. Please give me your psn or steam id and let's play some rocket league!

Malalaw

Hey gaf, I'm looking for some friends on rocket league, preferably friendly people that don't mind losing cause I'm not that great..

I've recently discovered my love for this game and I'm actively working on improving my game. I'm currently a prospect elite rank in doubles and would prefer to either doubles or 3's.

Anyone want to be friends? I play on steam and PS4. Please give me your psn or steam id and let's play some rocket league!

steam ID is Malalaw. I'm always down to play some matches. I just started on Steam after playing a bit on Ps4.

Top Bottom