• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
tbf just learn your mechanics
*shooting star in 1s again*
*practices mechanics about 2hr, then plays gc friends, then gets up a full promotion in an hour*

I'm serious guys, mechanics are the easiest and quickest way to reach GC. Positioning and such is useful obviously, but that+reads takes more experience, it's not the same as just learning how to, say, powershot consistently.

edit: to reiterate on this, I've now realized why I position too close in 2s
I'm not good enough to read far out hits and fly up way in advance to meet the ball, hence I do that shit instead of just getting closer in flight.

Soulflarz

Banned
double post cause ded thread or w/e

s4 needs to come sooner to address the fact that literally every gc has ~3 accounts at gc now
it's kinda weird when im in all star in 1s and having matches that go 4-5 where I sit there going "welp, that guy played smarter than the average GC that manages to beat me?" and you look it up and they have 3hr on the game :p

rafaelr

looks like everybody´s busy playing the game:
rl_billion_games_played.jpg

Unicorn

s4 needs to come sooner to address the fact that literally every gc has ~3 accounts at gc now
it's kinda weird when im in all star in 1s and having matches that go 4-5 where I sit there going "welp, that guy played smarter than the average GC that manages to beat me?" and you look it up and they have 3hr on the game :p
... But why

dsk1210

I only play competitive when I am using my G-sync monitor now, just been playing casual on the oled as the difference in feel is massive.

The input lag on the oled is about 40ms but it throws my game right off, obviously the higher framerate helps on the monitor as well but the difference is way bigger than I expected.

I am getting a little sick of star map, I don't like it and it always seems to appear for me, nothing worse than having enough time for a couple of matches and twice I end up in that areana.

I was looking through this album of the RLFashionAdvice Subreddit For inspiration. I feel like I want a BM decal but not sure which and what tires to go for. Heatwave is out because it looks terrible on the CZR. What are your cars looking like nowadays?

Any one wanna sell me the octane zsr for pc? Want that car so bad but after about 20 hours of playing since the new crates I've never gotten a champion 4 crate.

Any one wanna sell me the octane zsr for pc? Want that car so bad but after about 20 hours of playing since the new crates I've never gotten a champion 4 crate.

If you don't have luck here. This place is good. They seem to go for around 3 keys so don't pay more than that. You don't need to be registered there to add people either just follow through their profile till you hit a link for steam.

Tracker Pro

TheKeyPit

Banned
Why do people smurf? Cause your unranked has an MMR which means you're very limited in your flashy fun tech.
even I'm not that good and it's not that rare for my unranked MMR to throw me against an ESL elite. You can't montage on pros :p

I officially hate you now.

Soulflarz

Banned
I officially hate you now.

I'm not GC

I'm shit atm, played with friends so much in 2s that I fell from champ div 5 to all star 4
don't care though, they got a bit better :p

basically smurf level in 1s now though after playing with grand champ friends so much, was shooting star and I'm now almost superstar lol

edit: ending my night in the 920s, which was a full 90 some points up from when I sat down an hour and a half ago :p

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Have the prices dropped considerably? Yesterday a guy traded me a certified Dominus import skin for a key and some crates. It's been a while since I did a trade, but this was a bit surprising.

Bollocks

oh look who got demoted again after scoring all the goals, it's more so frustrating that there's nothing that I could have done, clear the ball, drive the ball forwards on the wall and my 2 teammate chase me, opponent beats them, open goal, gg

once I disabled ball cam only to see my 2 teammates chasing this was me:
tDP6A.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Look, if you're truly unable to work your way out of blues playing right...idk what to say. Generally playing correctly, even assuming they'll play good when they don't, wins you more than you lose.

Hasney

And it's best to be conservative if they're ball chazsrrs. If you get one up, just stay on your half and clean things up/make saves. Had a 20 match winning streak last night.

I like how MMR is more loose in unranked, it means occasionally I get to play against grand champs which is good practice. Their positioning and speed to every ball is so nuts, makes me play defensively to compensate, haha.

Really going back and forth between bad days and good days now. Dropped down to All-Star div 2 but after a few good days I'm back up to Superstar div 4. Classic RL...

It's nice that cc4s still have some value, I traded 20 of them for 5 keys. Probably save those for the next series of crates. :)

MarionCB

So, I just played for the first time in a month or so: Can someone tell me if one of the recent updates changed the physics somewhat? Because I don't know if it's just time away from it, but it feels really weightless and much faster, and a hell of a lot easier. I really don't like how it feels and it seems really different but maybe it's just me? :/

Did they break the MM or something? It now takes a good few minutes just to find a match in player matches. It's stopping me from playing since it's hardly worth it when a lot of the games are already a lost match or a team of AI where the match should have ended.

rafaelr

Did they break the MM or something? It now takes a good few minutes just to find a match in player matches. It's stopping me from playing since it's hardly worth it when a lot of the games are already a lost match or a team of AI where the match should have ended.

was just about to post about this, over the weekend matchmaking has become really unstable for me as well. looking for unranked 2s/3s takes much longer than usual (indicator bar at the top goes to orange) on ps4 in europe (~170000 ppl online, crossplay is enabled).

edit: mm seems fine again.

Hasney

I find matches easy, but servers keep timing out. Once you see an error, its usually easier to just cancel and stat again.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I hit superstar in 2's today, pretty excited cause it's the highest rank I've gotten so far. I'm embarrassed to reveal the playtime it's taken thus far. That said, really hoping I can hit champion before season reset for the phat lewts!

I hit superstar in 2's today, pretty excited cause it's the highest rank I've gotten so far. I'm embarrassed to reveal the playtime it's taken thus far. That said, really hoping I can hit champion before season reset for the phat lewts!
Let's be honest, any of us who have hit Superstar have spent way too much of our lives playing this addictive ass game. :p

Congrats, man! Good luck getting to Champ.

Some guy with 6000 keys was running around buying as many white zombas as possible now they are try to price gauge and control them. That wheel has went from 35 to over 50 in like two days and it's still climbing. Damnit I want one and I was real close to buying it at 40 days ago.

Twelve Titans
The Twelve Titans is a 1v1 Rocket League tournament between the best players in the world, scheduled to broadcast January 29th, 2017.

1v1 is such a different game glad to see a tournaments focused on it. I think eventually i'd like to see 1v1, 2v2 and standard in RLCS.

Players:
Kronovi
JHZER
Kuxir97
Scrubkilla
Turbopolsa
SquishyMuffinz
Dappur
Maestro
GreazyMeister
Lachinio
Deevo
Paschy90

Casters:
Johnnyboi_i
Mega Shogun

Totally pulling for Scrub.

Soulflarz

Banned
Deevos there, he got bodied by kronovi the other day
Squishymuffinz is our true savior for this if he practiced ones.

If all 3 flop scrub wins.
Scrubs good at 1s but Deevos a bit insane, he basically tore through the entirety of NA singlehandedly before Kronovi (Squishy didn't want to play)

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
I'm lazy, but I want a GT and a ZSR, so I figured I'd throw this here in case anyone is interested.

1 Heatwave for 1 GT and 1 ZSR (PS4 SN: Ev_Rock). I haven't tracked values or anything, but it feels fair to me. I'll be playing tonight if you want to shoot me a message.

I'm lazy, but I want a GT and a ZSR, so I figured I'd throw this here in case anyone is interested.

1 Heatwave for 1 GT and 1 ZSR (PS4 SN: Ev_Rock). I haven't tracked values or anything, but it feels fair to me. I'll be playing tonight if you want to shoot me a message.
I won't stop you but just fyi GT+ZSR is probably worth about 5 keys, your heatwave is probably worth 15-20.

You could have both of those cars and some keys easily if you put the trade up here:

https://rocket-league.com/trading

Yeahhhhh....You can get way more for that heatwave lol.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
I appreciate you guys looking out, but I'm not a big trader and wouldn't mind giving a fellow Gaffer a good deal. I don't even like the heatwave, so it has little value to me. But if no one is interested, I'll give that site a try.

I appreciate you guys looking out, but I'm not a big trader and wouldn't mind giving a fellow Gaffer a good deal. I don't even like the heatwave, so it has little value to me. But if no one is interested, I'll give that site a try.

Refreshing attitude especially compared to all the nickel & diming traders out there. I recently switched to PC so I put up all my PS4 stuff at bargain basement prices and people still tried to lowball me on practically everything... oye!

Same. I'm not good on the market side, I just want to play. I traded my GT for the ZXR the other day.

I do the same thing though. I trade good things I have but don't like or use just to help people out. Did it a couple times and could tell it made them super excited.

Top Bottom