• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

rafaelr

Rocket League Esports in 2017

WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO
In 2017, we are investing more than $2.5 million dollars into Rocket League Esports. This investment means that players all over the world can expect to see a number of significant changes to our competitive ecosystem, including:

• More than $1 Million in total prize pools (including RLCS)
  • Bigger, more meaningful appearances at multiple major competitive gaming festivals
  • Onsite events at major gaming conventions, including PAX, SXSW, and more
  • Extensive funding for community-run tournaments
  • Expanded weekly tournament support in multiple regions, including Europe, North America, Oceania, South America, and more
  • A true collegiate Rocket League Esports program
  • A new series of tournaments for the Xbox community
  • An all-new weekly talk show on Twitch that covers all things 'RLCS'
  • A robust new esports hub on the Rocket League website
  • Ongoing charity tournaments
  • Numerous in-game esports features and enhancements

also, RLCS Season 3 signups start tomorrow. 300k prizepool, oceania region is added to competition.

Trailer

Wozman23

Got a late start to this game, and normally don't play online, but I'm having a ton of fun with this.

I'd appreciated anyone on PS4 who wants to send me a friend request, since I just need the "Play an online game with a friend" trophy to platinum it.

PSN ID is also Wozman23. I usually play later in the night, 10-12pm EST.

Soulflarz

Banned
Xbox tournaments?

I got the pitch!

Are you a recent GC? Likely carried by a professional on his 4th smurf? Do you think you have what it takes to become ESL but you aren't quite there yet? Did you go 0-2 in EU, then try NA, and STILL lose round 1? Well have we got the tournament for you!

it's joke but NA Xbone is going to be loltier

Site

Everyone’s favorite die-cast racers are hitting the pitch!
rl_hotwheels_promo.BkwweDKOg.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

Hot Wheels are coming to Rocket League on February 21st, and we’ve transformed two of the most legendary models into Battle-Cars. 'Twin Mill III' and 'Bone Shaker' will soon be rocket-powered and ready for Beckwith Park (and every other Arena), with exclusive wheels and six decals for $1.99 USD. Check out the awesome new trailer below!
Trailer

I'm guessing this will be the car with the batmobile hitbox.

Soulflarz

Banned
Smurfing isn't fun. A good player gets to beat up on bad players, woo.

I moreso meant if it's tournaments, implies rewards >_>

But ye smurfing isn't really fun. I have a 'smurf' (read: my japanese PSN account when my ps4 one was too high to play ranked with a friend) I enjoy playing with my friend whos challenger elite in ranked but...like...we play 2 champs, he doesn't get it through them at all, I powershot right over both into their net, repeat till win/loss.

I made twin mill. :3

ask me any question you want.

Cause I aint gonna answer it.
What kind of tweaks did you make to the front end of the model or hitbox based on JHZER's feedback (from the time he spent with it doing the freestyles for the video)? The pointy nose is my only real concern.

Otherwise, it looks great. Really looking forward to it. Batmobile used to be my favorite car, but I got tired of not being able to customize it with all the stuff I've traded for.

Speaking of which, are we going to get any new garage preset slots? We need at least another ten.

Unicorn

Fuuuu Twin Mill. Saw the headline and hoped for Twin Mill and was not disappointed. Day one.

Confirmed

Via Reddit:

Those are two really damn good hitboxes.

Both cars are also fully customizable.
Fuck. Now I can't choose.
Rocket League stay winning.

Also, the return of dlc bundle?! Or each car $2 each? Nvm site says sold separately.
I made twin mill. :3

ask me any question you want.

Cause I aint gonna answer it.
Where's the standalone BttF boost?

Grinchy

Banned
I finally got around to hooking up a 144Hz monitor and playing this game at 144fps. God damn that is silky. Even just in Windows the mouse movement looks so damn nice.

I finally got around to hooking up a 144Hz monitor and playing this game at 144fps. God damn that is silky. Even just in Windows the mouse movement looks so damn nice.

True dat, brother. Can't go back to regular 100hz anymore.

1300h played and knocking on Champion's door. I am not the fastest learner, but I have done a lot of custom training lately and it is starting to show. The better I get at this game, the more addictive it gets. So good!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
there´s a glitch in the game that allows you to put the delorean boost on any car. this will surely get fixed though.

Psyonix, please. Get in touch with the BttF licencors and have them allow this on all cars.

Soulflarz

Banned
OMFG y'all have no idea how much I NEED this in my life.

Gross. All the people in the reddit thread just want the hitbox rectangles of their cars. Then mod creator says that's why he won't release how he does it. Gross that people would rather just play with floating rectangles.

you need rectangles for balance though.

Unicorn

you need rectangles for balance though.

no, I mean it's gross they just want the visible hitbox of octane and dominus. Instead of just learning the car and "feeling" the hitbox, they just want the car model replaced with just a flat single color rectangle that is that car's hitbox.

That's what is gross.

Been using the batmobile in anticipation of the twinmill and absolutely love it. Being that the twin mill has one tiny windshield I may go and use and Black market decal for it since the reflective windows bother me on other cars.

Soulflarz

Banned
*goes against HWS in 2s at 1190*
THAT AINT FAIR

*goes into 3s, gets with HWS at champ, he legit just never gives us the ball, 1v3s the other team so myself and my friend whos nearly top 100 just kinda chill while he bodies*
...that...aint...fair?

man 4am is missing players lmao

Malalaw

If anyone is looking to play on PC give me an add. ID is Malalaw. Already played with a few gaffers so far. More the merrier!

Man the servers are just melting today. Total fustercluck right now.

If anyone is looking to play on PC give me an add. ID is Malalaw. Already played with a few gaffers so far. More the merrier!

Added you, username is Dyno. What's your rank? Don't wanna drag anyone down the ladder XD. Plus I'm probably getting a little sloppy right now since I've dropped ranked in favor of getting used to the batmobile again ready for the new car.

Malalaw

Man the servers are just melting today. Total fustercluck right now.

Added you, username is Dyno. What's your rank? Don't wanna drag anyone down the ladder XD. Plus I'm probably getting a little sloppy right now since I've dropped ranked in favor of getting used to the batmobile again ready for the new car.

I'm Challenger one in everything currently. Seem to be stuck there for the time being lol.

I'm Challenger one in everything currently. Seem to be stuck there for the time being lol.

Ah ok, I'm Rising Star IIRC. I dunno how the MM works, like if it puts people with the highest or lowest ranked, but I'm always up for some games. I spend a lot more time in unranked usually but I'm down for whatever.

I have 80 keys waiting. That new box should cause the white zombas to drop a bit.

Nice collection. Is that all from selling crates recently? I don't seem to find good trades for them anymore so I just swap them for items etc now.

Top Bottom