• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

I dunno, a guy like Jeff Beck has insane control over his expression cause he doesn't play with a pick. Depends on your goals I guess. You can definitely get some really unique tone from your hands that you can't get from a pick

Thrakier

I dunno, a guy like Jeff Beck has insane control over his expression cause he doesn't play with a pick. Depends on your goals I guess. You can definitely get some really unique tone from your hands that you can't get from a pick

Sure, but that is a very different style and nothing Rocksmith teaches you. Also, it depends on the music. The dudelidu of Jeff Beck sounds great with hands, I wouldn't want to hear Master of Puppets played with fingers though.

As a beginner who wants to learn Rock guitar, I'd start with a pick.

So you bought AFI "Miss Murder" on PS4 and it's not showing up? Have you tried downloading it through the in game store > Songs > M

Songs doesn't show up as an option but either way. I have tried to redownload it through the in game store, playstation store (on PS4 and on PC) and it till doesn't show up.

What the fuck is going on?
Tried contacting Rocksmith developers via Facebook, but I'm going to try the forums.
This is ridiculous.

Are you in North America?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/rocksmith-2014-afi-miss-murder/cid=UP0001-CUSA00692_00-RS002SONG0000124?emcid=ps-se-718&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-718&utm_content=Brand

Are you in North America?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/rocksmith-2014-afi-miss-murder/cid=UP0001-CUSA00692_00-RS002SONG0000124?emcid=ps-se-718&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-718&utm_content=Brand

I am. I press download to PS4, and it just says playable. Nothing pops up on my PS4 saying dl started.

In game Rocksmith store doesn't have AFI listed anymore.

EDIT: And now its back up. I'm so lost.

lngFy5v.png

Blurred out name cause it shows my real name.
IYc2KI6.jpg

All other DLC has worked perfectly fine for me, this ones is giving me trouble.

I also had weird issues with the DLC when I tried downloading the free Hendrix tracks. I'd click on it, it'd transfer me to the store, then I'd download it, the Green plectrum will have a checkmark signifying that, yes, it's been added, I'll go back to my song list and... nothing. I'll try restarting the game and... nothing. I finally have to manually go to my downloads and check to see if the download starts and then install. Reboot, and it's finally there. It's pretty damn stupid

I also had weird issues with the DLC when I tried downloading the free Hendrix tracks. I'd click on it, it'd transfer me to the store, then I'd download it, the Green plectrum will have a checkmark signifying that, yes, it's been added, I'll go back to my song list and... nothing. I'll try restarting the game and... nothing. I finally have to manually go to my downloads and check to see if the download starts and then install. Reboot, and it's finally there. It's pretty damn stupid
I just tried doing that, I deleted the download info and it gave me an option to download again.
Maybe it worked.

Yeah, keep messing with it, you have to manually go to downloads to see if it actually started, it seems like RS just puts it into a queue but doesn't actually activate the DL or something. It's really dumb

Xyber

I wouldn't mind getting No More Sorrow, A Place For My Head, Papercut, Given Up and maybe Numb just for the heck of it.

Got no interest in anything they released after Minutes to Midnight though, since that's where I "stopped" listening to them. Still enjoy those older songs though.

Martal

Neo Member
Another sunday and it's my first since I received my real tone cable and was able to load up Rocksmith.

First impressions? Game is hard!!

I had been dabbling with R U Mine based on a couple of youtube tutorials so I thought I'd load that up first. Now that I have messed with for a couple of days, I feel like I'm getting a handle on the song, but playing it in Rocksmith I just experience sensory overload. All the notes start coming so fast and I sort of panic and mess up the riff. Which is good! Rocksmith doesn't give me much quarter and I know thats a good thing.

Other than that I played a bit of Blitzkrieg Bop. RS says im up to 80% mastery but I sure don't feel like that yet. But hey, it taught me power chords from scratch, so thats already something!

All in all, I have new found respect to all the Rocksmith youtubers I've been watching I hope to achieve their level one day. Game is hard, game is fun.

Xyber

Another sunday and it's my first since I received my real tone cable and was able to load up Rocksmith.

First impressions? Game is hard!!

I had been dabbling with R U Mine based on a couple of youtube tutorials so I thought I'd load that up first. Now that I have messed with for a couple of days, I feel like I'm getting a handle on the song, but playing it in Rocksmith I just experience sensory overload. All the notes start coming so fast and I sort of panic and mess up the riff. Which is good! Rocksmith doesn't give me much quarter and I know thats a good thing.

Other than that I played a bit of Blitzkrieg Bop. RS says im up to 80% mastery but I sure don't feel like that yet. But hey, it taught me power chords from scratch, so thats already something!

All in all, I have new found respect to all the Rocksmith youtubers I've been watching I hope to achieve their level one day. Game is hard, game is fun.

R U Mine is certainly not the easiest thing to start out with as a beginner, so good luck with that one! Remember that you can slow down the entire song with riff repeater, so maybe try it at 80% speed to get comfortable with it.

Martal

Neo Member
Thats something I've been trying to balance - should I tone down the difficulty or the speed? If I just tone down the speed then its sometimes still too difficult to get the all the notes. If I just turn down the difficulty I find that I teaches you bad fingering.

Toning down the speed has been the way to go for me so far, but I dont find it to be ideal.

Shadybiz

I'd go with sticking to toning down just the speed. If you're turning down the difficulty, just like you said, you're sort of learning bad fingering, because you're probably just going to have to relearn certain sections when you get up to 100% (i.e., it WAS a power chord, but now it's a full barre chord).

Don't be shy with turning down the speed..I'll turn it down to like 25% when I first start to learn a song.

Xyber

Yeah, I think it's best to leave difficulty and only change the speed too. Lower it as much as you need to where you feel comfortable and then slowly work your way up. Personally I usually start at 60% for stuff I find hard, I don't like when it's too slow and I can't really hear the rhythm of the song properly so I rarely go below that.

Then depending on how well it's going I bump up the speed by 5 or 10% until I get to 90 and then I keep increasing by 2 or 1% until I got it.

Since this way is pretty time consuming, I usually only do it that thoroughly when it's a shorter section like a solo or part of a riff.

Linkin Park Song Pack – $13.99

* Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out” – Drop D
* Linkin Park – “Guilty All the Same” – Drop D
* Linkin Park – “In the End” – Eb Drop Db
* Linkin Park – “Numb” – Eb Drop Db
* Linkin Park – “One Step Closer” – Eb Drop Db
* Linkin Park – “What I’ve Done” – Drop D

Xyber

A bit disappointed with the song choices, but might get the pack anyway whenever it decides to pop up on Steam.

ShamePain

Banned
Probably will skip for 3 reasons:
1. Looks too simple to play
2. The game doesn't work too well with Drop D for me, all A Day To Remember songs were a waste of money for me since the game can't recognize 90% of the notes.
3. It won't appear on European PSN anytime soon.

Probably will skip for 3 reasons:
1. Looks too simple to play
2. The game doesn't work too well with Drop D for me, all A Day To Remember songs were a waste of money for me since the game can't recognize 90% of the notes.
3. It won't appear on European PSN anytime soon.
I've noticed some issues with drop d but most adtr songs work well for me. Downfall of us all is the only one that gives me trouble .

New patch for PS4 and Xbone fixes note detection. It plays like the other versions now and import packs are up for PS4 and Xbone.... so damn happy about this!

Xyber

I think that problem is more on your end than anything. I can play in Drop C or C standard just fine for the most part. Some dropped notes here and there in some songs, but nothing awful. I even played a song in Drop B just fine (apart from my strings being super loose because they are not thick enough :p).

Maybe your guitar is just really sensitive and it throws the intonation off when you go any lower than E standard?

Top Bottom