• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Definitely in for some Iggy Pop. I'll see how fun Sex & Candy is to play since that song isn't all that bad for 90s alt trash.

I recognised Sex & Candy when I Youtubed it. It's the kind of thing I would have had to watch America's top 20 on MTV in the mid nineties to be exposed to, so I imagine that's why it's familiar. It's quite laid-back in a good way. Might add it to the ol' wishlist.

I guess Lisa Loeb, Cracker, Counting Crows and Better Than Ezra will be on the cards in the future then - the 90's MTVs Top 20 Mix Pack?

Iggy would be day one, but thanks to my attachment to PSN EU i'll have to get it on day eightinstead. Was White Zombie's Black Sunshine Iggy's Rocksmith debut this week, or am I forgetting something?

A full Iggy pack would be great down the line, Post Pop Depression got a lot of spins from me this year and i'm curious about the accuracy of the version of I Wanna Be Your Dog that I worked out for myself many years ago.

First day with rocksmith, it's pretty tough. I feel like my fingers wont stretch far enough for certain chords, and I'm pretty slow with finding the right fret and string. Oh and my fingertips hurt.

First day with rocksmith, it's pretty tough. I feel like my fingers wont stretch far enough for certain chords, and I'm pretty slow with finding the right fret and string. Oh and my fingertips hurt.
Starting stretching your fingers on your thighs. That's what I did for stretching for bass frets.

What do you mean? Like put my hand on my thigh and spread the fingers apart?

If you're starting Rocksmith with no prior guitar experience, I'd use the lessons to learn your basic open chords and power chords. Then find some of the easier tracks on the rhythm path to practice, like Blitzkrieg Bop.

Your hands will get used to it in practice, keep at it and you won't regret it.

Kingbrave

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TE-101-FingerStretchExercise.php

This seems to work for some people. It's going to get better with practice. Eventually you'll get the hang of up. You're fingertips will be sore until you build up some nice big calluses and then rock on yo!

Iggy fucking Pop! We need a full blown pack.

Variety Pack V – $9.99

* Marcy Playground “Sex and Candy”
* Panic! At The Disco “The Ballad of Mona Lisa”
* Steel Panther “Eyes of a Panther” – Eb Standard (includes Alt. Lead/Rhythm)
* The Stooges “Search and Destroy”

Your fingers will go from a period of pain, to numbness, to then everything is fine.

I dont know how to multi quote on my phone, but THANK YOU to all of you for your help and advice.

The justinguitar is very helpful.
Justinguitar is real useful for playing outside the game which is something you should be doing after you start feeling comfortable moving around the strings and the neck. Chord transitions are something that will take a ton of practice.

So Ubisoft fucked up and Search and Destroy is delayed (probably a week) on PS and Xbox... Great...

Also, a new patch has been rolled out for Steam and PS3 and other platforms coming sometime this week (could be today for all I know)

All versions of Rocksmith Remastered will receive a patch with key improvements, starting today. This patch may take a week or so to roll out for all players, depending on the platform. Rather than hold all the patches for a simulatenous release, our goal is to publish every platform's patch as soon as it is ready to go. The quicker we can provide fixes for these issues, the better!

Changes include (but are not limited to):

-Fixed an issue where DLC would disappear from song lists when selected if the player was signed into an online network. Browsing the song library is now back to normal, and your songs will not try to hide from you.

-Stability increased -- random program freezes and crashes on multiple platforms should no longer occur.

-Fixed an issue where on-screen guitar headstock would appear as a wireframe model, missing textures.

-Shop DLC listings now show correct information regarding contents of song packs, and the metadata file that governs this system has been optimized.

-Improved note detection on song arrangements that require a capo. (Any missed notes are now your fault again!)

The patch is live or will shortly be live on the following platforms:
Steam (Windows and Macintosh) -- worldwide (PC - Build #364890, Mac - Build #364775)
PlayStation 3 -- Japan (Build #364700)

Other platforms will be updated as soon as the appropriate patch has passed its final certification.

VLS8yFe.png

So Ubisoft fucked up and Search and Destroy is delayed (probably a week) on PS and Xbox... Great...

Also, a new patch has been rolled out for Steam and PS3 and other platforms coming sometime this week (could be today for all I know)

So glad they fixed the PS4 popping/clicking/restart issues. Oh, wait...

RE: Clues - the hat could be anything. That's got to be the vaguest clue ever, and that's assuming it relates to an act and not a song. I would presume G n' R would be shouted from the rafters well in advance a la Hendrix and Rage, so not sure. Stevie Ray Vaughan? Buckethead? I'd be down for Whitewash but that's about it.

80's - Bon Jovi II? Def Leppard finally? A mix pack? Perhaps that long awaited Wham! pack is finally coming. Jitterbug (snap, snap, snap) Jitterbug. Time capsule... Back to the Future related? Huey Lewis?

The cat thing is Steel Panther.

Ok, next week the pack is (drum roll)

Ubi30: 1986 Mixed Pack.

• Kenny Loggins - 'Highway to the Danger Zone'
• Poison - 'Talk Dirty to Me'
• TBC
• TBC
• TBC

I see why they picked 1986 specifically, but uh... hmm. We'll see. I'll probably get DANGER ZONE.

NEO0MJ

So, how do I unlock the Uplay content? It's funny, I've had this game for a long time but never bothered looking at them until now.

UBI30 1986 Song Pack – $11.99

* Cinderella “Nobody’s Fool” – Alt. Lead
* Kenny Loggins “Danger Zone” – Eb Standard [Lead/Rhythm]
* Poison “Talk Dirty To Me” – Eb Standard [Lead/Rhythm] / Eb Drop Db [Bass]
* Robert Palmer “Addicted to Love” – Drop D [Bass]
* Survivor “Burning Heart”

UBI30 1986 Song Pack – $11.99

* Cinderella “Nobody’s Fool” – Alt. Lead
* Kenny Loggins “Danger Zone” – Eb Standard [Lead/Rhythm]
* Poison “Talk Dirty To Me” – Eb Standard [Lead/Rhythm] / Eb Drop Db [Bass]
* Robert Palmer “Addicted to Love” – Drop D [Bass]
* Survivor “Burning Heart”

2YFfur1.gif

Apart from DANGER ZONE

SRV is one of those musicians I respect, and I'm glad is getting a pack.. but his solo blues stuff leaves me cold so I'll be saving the pennies.

Glad he's in though, in a guitar learning 'game' he should be in day one.

Why are we waiting another week for Iggy? Ffs.

jumper

Geez, they really screwed that one up.

What platforms is Search and Destroy not available for? I purchased it on the day it was released for the 360 and had no issue getting it.

Also, SRV is not someone I usually listen to, but his stuff sounds like a blast to play. Really looking forward to that pack.

Stevie Ray Vaughan & DT Song Pack – $11.99

* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Cold Shot”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Couldn’t Stand The Weather”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Pride and Joy”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Scuttle Buttin”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Texas Flood”

All in Eb Standard

Kingbrave

Stevie Ray Vaughan & DT Song Pack – $11.99

* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Cold Shot”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Couldn’t Stand The Weather”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Pride and Joy”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Scuttle Buttin”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble “Texas Flood”

*Tunings to be confirmed*

Good choices! Love SRV.

2010s Mix II Pack – $7.99

* AWOLNATION “Sail” – Alt. Rhythm
* Black Veil Brides “In The End” – Eb Drop Db / Alt. Lead
* WALK THE MOON “Shut Up and Dance”

Waveset

The Rocksmith Funk Pack*

(*not a real DLC pack).

The Meters: Cissy Strut https://youtu.be/4_iC0MyIykM

Rick James: Give it to Me (I can't hear much guitar so one for the bassists..and why not?) https://youtu.be/1dNIQVYGXbM

Parliament: Give Up the Funk https://youtu.be/J08EA0lKyP8 (perhaps they're saving it for Hornsmith)

James Brown - Sex Machine https://youtu.be/XeNY-_Jo6oQ

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly https://youtu.be/-cmo6MRYf5g

Bonus track: Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft https://youtu.be/nFvRvSxsW-I

What about you Lucha? Any classics you would like to strut your funky stuff to in Rocksmith?
Goddam, Googling 'Rocksmith Cissy Strut' brought me to this post :(

It's been a while since I last played, so last night I just noticed that my digital version of Rocksmith upgraded to the remastered version. Didn't think that would happen.

Top Bottom