• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Do we finally have our NIN pack?

Toymachine? More like Teasemachine.

In other news, i'm sure EU PS4 users will be absolutely shocked to read there's a DLC sale on this week and Rocksmith isn't a part of it.

Metallica? Sweet. About time.

If Metallica/ACDC et all appear, I would expect them to get the Hendrix/RATM mega pack treatment instead of a standard 4 pack.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a solution anywhere online. I bought the disc import tool on PS3 and booted up my PS4 to download all the songs. The import tool shows up in the "Packs" area of the store with a green tick next to it, but when I click it to download the songs and it launches the Playstation Store, it just says "Content not found". I have no clue how to get around this, which means I just cant download the songs I've paid for.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Try redownloading via the library on your ps4.

I had a weird time with some songs a couple of weeks ago - they downloaded and installed but wouldn't show up. It transpired PSN was having problems (funny how this is more regular after the price hike) and once that passed, the song appeared.

lewisgone

Try redownloading via the library on your ps4.

I had a weird time with some songs a couple of weeks ago - they downloaded and installed but wouldn't show up. It transpired PSN was having problems (funny how this is more regular after the price hike) and once that passed, the song appeared.

Redownloading the entire game? I dunno if it's the 4.0 update or what but now I can't find a way to just see add-ons I own, only a list of all available add ons (over 900) which I've scoured and still can't find the export pack in. This is driving me mad, I can't find it for the life of me.

EDIT: Finally managed to download the pack. The problem is partly with Sony's 4.0 update. The pack isn't in the PS Store so you have to go to "My Add-Ons" to download it....a page which is no longer present in the 4.0 update. I could only get around this by launching the PS Store in a browser and going to download history, then remote downloading it to my PS4. What a nightmare.

Redownloading the entire game? I dunno if it's the 4.0 update or what but now I can't find a way to just see add-ons I own, only a list of all available add ons (over 900) which I've scoured and still can't find the export pack in. This is driving me mad, I can't find it for the life of me.

EDIT: Finally managed to download the pack. The problem is partly with Sony's 4.0 update. The pack isn't in the PS Store so you have to go to "My Add-Ons" to download it....a page which is no longer present in the 4.0 update. I could only get around this by launching the PS Store in a browser and going to download history, then remote downloading it to my PS4. What a nightmare.

Sorry Lewis, I meant the content - you can go into the library for 'my add ons'. Hopefully it': still in the library after the update?

Glad it's sorted.

Looks like we'be got a Misfits pack (or song) coming up. Will confirm later...

Misfits Song Pack

Misfits - Halloween
???
???
???
Hell yes! Weird that this isn't an October pack and their songs are easy as hell to play but no matter.

Remaining 3.. Hmm

Last Caress
Where Eagles Dare
Astro Zombies

Ugh... Why can't this be like an 8 pack...

Skulls
Horror Business
London Dungeon
Teenagers From Mars

was seriously entertaining the idea of driving there but I'll just settle for this shitty Toronto concert that happens to have Ween headlining tomorrow.

Look at you both on the other side of the pond with your exciting gig options. I'm very jealous, I didn't realise Danzig was back in the Misfits. And I fucking love Ween. You can't lose either way..

Hell yes! Weird that this isn't an October pack

The scariest DLC they could release for Halloween would be a second movie theme tune pack.

Look at you both on the other side of the pond with your exciting gig options.
Living in New Jersey has it's perks for shows. 30 mins to get into New York City and about an hour and a half to Philadelphia. It's pretty great! Jersey has some great shows too. Stone Pony Summer Stage had some killer shows this summer.

Living in New Jersey has it's perks for shows.

Those Bon Jovi homecoming shows must be pretty sweet!

(I jest, I jest).

I've done ok for gigs this year for a UK South West dweller. Gary Numan next week, should be fun and scratch my synth itch.

Edit: Just woke up to news of a bomb being found in NJ - stay safe Stew.

Misfits Song Pack – $9.99

* Misfits “Die, Die My Darling”
* Misfits “Halloween”
* Misfits “Last Caress”
* Misfits “Where Eagles Dare”

*All in E Standard*

Edit: Just woke up to news of a bomb being found in NJ - stay safe Stew.
Pretty crazy, right. That's like a 40 min drive from me.
Misfits Song Pack – $9.99

* Misfits “Die, Die My Darling”
* Misfits “Halloween”
* Misfits “Last Caress”
* Misfits “Where Eagles Dare”

*All in E Standard*

Can't wait to play all these songs in like 5 mins!

Edit: Also, are shit and fuck the only words RS censors? I was pretty surprised when I first booted up Dammit by Blink 182 for 2014 and it was censored since RS1 was uncut.

Misfits makes a lot of sense given the original group just got together to perform at Riot Fest. I wonder if that timing was intentional or just a coincidence?

Edit: Also, are shit and fuck the only words RS censors? I was pretty surprised when I first booted up Dammit by Blink 182 for 2014 and it was censored since RS1 was uncut.

Yeah, its weird because in American Idiot they censor "fuck" but not "faggot." But then I guess the context kind of matters in that sense because you know when they say "mind ****" you know what they're talking about, but if they say "maybe I'm the ****** America" there's really no way you could understand the context of that line.

So why is Dammit uncensored in RS1 but censored in RS2014? They sent them different versions for the RS1 transfer? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Because EMEA or whatever it's called wanted them to get the radio friendly version, same thing happened with "Jeremy" it's been censored since 2012 (when PC/EU localization occurred)

Because EMEA or whatever it's called wanted them to get the radio friendly version, same thing happened with "Jeremy" it's been censored since 2012 (when PC/EU localization occurred)

Nice potential feature for Rocksmith 3 - an 'adult content' switch for uncensored content. No more "you-you I won't do what you tell me'...

Toy, I see your very own TRR is teasing exciting DLC for next week via Twitter?

Edit, Toy - it looks like your 'hype DLC' is the utterly bollocks Dream Theater at this point. Don't ever get my hopes up like that again...

but wait there's more!

I'm going to eat a steak, sit down to play some Pac-Man and then try very hard to forget how you let me down today young man.

In fairness, teasing an 'exciting surprise' DLC to an audience still frothing at the mouth for a Nirvana/ACDC/Metallica/Pink Floyd/Tool/and the list goes on pack only to reveal niche prog art wank band Dream Theater is a bit of a troll move by RS.

the only band on that list remotely possible at this point is Nirvana but I assure you there is some good stuff coming :)

Misfits was more what I was talking about for this month though, DT is not my cuppa

D4455-DF432-6B3ML

MCR? You know where you can stick your Gerard Way, Toy ;-)

How was the Ween gig in the end?

I have an electric bass, is this game any fun on that, or is it mainly for guitars?

Absolutely. There's some real bass classics in the library such as Good Times, Super Freak and Guns of Brixton. I picked up a bass just for the game and had a lot of fun with it.

the only band on that list remotely possible at this point is Nirvana but I assure you there is some good stuff coming :)

I understand that, but obviously hyping up DLC as a 'bug exciting surprise' does suggest a breakthrough with one of the big missing bands.

Between two Rush packs, DT and frickin' Queensryche, prog is vastly outnumbering the funk. That's an injustice... give me my Maggot Brain, dammit. Or a Ween pack, who doesn't want to learn 'Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)' to play on an acoustic guitar at friends' parties?

Ween was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. They played for a solid two hours and played most of the things I wanted to hear (no Grobe, chocolate town, pork roll, johnny on the spot tho)

Ween was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. They played for a solid two hours and played most of the things I wanted to hear (no Grobe, chocolate town, pork roll, johnny on the spot tho)

Well, I'm jealous. Hopefully they'll cross the pond for a show or two soon.

Dream Theater Song Pack - $7.99

Dream Theater "Metropolis Part 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper"
Dream Theater "On The Backs Of Angels"
Dream Theater "Pull Me Under"

All songs in E Standard

No surprise DLC this week, it's the Remastered pack (and the Remastered update).

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Three Little Birds
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Outkast - Hey Ya
Train - Drops of Jupiter
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
FUN - Some Nights

Toy and I are going to have to wait a little longer for our Ween pack.

No surprise DLC this week, it's the Remastered pack (and the Remastered update).

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Three Little Birds
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Outkast - Hey Ya
Train - Drops of Jupiter
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
FUN - Some Nights

Toy and I are going to have to wait a little longer for our Ween pack.
These should be free to previous owners...

Hey, I'm thinking of picking up the new remastered edition for Xbox one.

Couple questions:

1. My sound goes through an HDMI audio receiver and then to my tv. It's a low latency tv as well (Panasonic plasma). Will this be okay for playing the game? I remember when it came out before there were some concerns about HDMI audio setups.

2. I don't see a bundle on amazon. Is the $129 epiphone les Paul jr recommended or is there any other good options? I already have a cheap acoustic guitar but looks like I really should get an electric for this.

It is the classic 'better deal for new customers than existing ones'. Will seem double so when RS Remastered hits the shop shelves at a cut price.

A free track wouldn't have hurt them but they can keep Fun though.

Ok, serious question for Rocksmith Gaf - is Elvis overrated?

Hey, I'm thinking of picking up the new remastered edition for Xbox one.

Couple questions:

1. My sound goes through an HDMI audio receiver and then to my tv. It's a low latency tv as well (Panasonic plasma). Will this be okay for playing the game? I remember when it came out before there were some concerns about HDMI audio setups.

2. I don't see a bundle on amazon. Is the $129 epiphone les Paul jr recommended or is there any other good options? I already have a cheap acoustic guitar but looks like I really should get an electric for this.

Welcome to Rocksmith GAF, Seth!

The HDMI output thing is still an issue. The optical out to speakers is currently the best option, however as I've always had a music system near my TV since Rocksmith began, I've never tried it through the TV. Others here may have advice for that.

Yes, get an electric - there's a compact Epiphone Les Paul express that retails for £99 here (full size neck, smaller body) and the aforementioned JR. Don't restrict yourself to Epiphones or Les Pauls if your on a budget though, Fender Squier have inexpensive options as well (for example).

The new remastered edition makes me want to pick up my guitar again, but I'm not sure if it's interesting for me to upgrade to Xbox One... Maybe you guys can help me with some answers?

1. I have Rocksmith 2014 on Xbox 360, connected to my soundsystem through analog cables. How does the Xbox One compare when outputting with optical? Is the lag really noticable?
2. I've bought some DLC on the 360, does this work on the One?
3. Are there more reasons to upgrade apart from crisper 1080p notecharts and the ease of use of having RS2014 as a digital game so I never have to swap discs ever again?

The new remastered edition makes me want to pick up my guitar again, but I'm not sure if it's interesting for me to upgrade to Xbox One... Maybe you guys can help me with some answers?

1. I have Rocksmith 2014 on Xbox 360, connected to my soundsystem through analog cables. How does the Xbox One compare when outputting with optical? Is the lag really noticable?
2. I've bought some DLC on the 360, does this work on the One?
3. Are there more reasons to upgrade apart from crisper 1080p notecharts and the ease of use of having RS2014 as a digital game so I never have to swap discs ever again?

1. Don't know but hopefully someone else can answer that for you.
2. Yes.
3. Fast loading especially on syncing DLC tracks which is huge for me.

Top Bottom